Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

In other news, another sparkling appointee for an environmental post arises:

https://twitter.com/SenWhitehouse/status/928437272348946432

Does anyone in this administration really care about the future? I mean, at all?

It's incredible eh - though not much different to our own government as our Ministers take up posts with absolutely zero background or expertise in the field of their job title. It's always been a joke from my perspective.

Guest FriendlyRam

All of them should be removed, not a single one is fit for flipping burgers never mind minister positions. Trump is so comical, one minute hes bashing China, the next hes sucking up to em and praising them for taking advantage, they are taking the pi** imo. As for May the mind boggles how shes still there, clearly isnt the one pulling the strings thats for sure.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

It's incredible eh - though not much different to our own government as our Ministers take up posts with absolutely zero background or expertise in the field of their job title. 

If you think the government is bad at that here just look at the opposition. 

They've got a leader in Corbyn who has never had a proper job, held a cabinet post or even had a sniff of being on a select committee and he could be Prime Minister. 

He makes Trump look overqualified for the Presidency yet a lot of those who oppose DT would vote for JC!

26 minutes ago, MattP said:

They've got a leader in Corbyn who has never had a proper job, held a cabinet post or even had a sniff of being on a select committee and he could be Prime Minister. 

He makes Trump look overqualified for the Presidency yet a lot of those who oppose DT would vote for JC!

Yeh, I'm not sure much criticism can be made regarding lack of experience in these matters.

The scientific credentials of this candidate, however, can and should - I mean, did you see what she was saying there? :blink:

11 hours ago, MattP said:

Yeah that’s not really my point. I don’t consider being on a select committee or holding a cabinet post as proper jobs either in this context.

I simply think that the public would benefit from Ministers who have a professional background from a range of positions in the field they wish to represent.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2017 at 16:54, leicsmac said:

If the US thinks they are being treated unfairly by the terms of the agreement then they can do what they like, including not being part of it.

However, the culpability for drastic changes in the future to the environment will then reside with them, as it will also with China and India should they not keep their end of the bargain up by flouting the agreement.

These are problems that have the potential to affect everyone, so it would follow that they are also everyones responsibility, yes? The Earth doesn't care in the least about borders or economic issues - it will change and challenge the human race - every single nation and person on it - regardless of such things.

Global emissions of CO2 in 2017 are projected to rise for the first time in four years, dashing hopes that a peak might soon be reached.

The main cause of the expected growth has been greater use of coal in China as its economy expanded.

US emissions have continued to decline but the fall has been less than expected. Higher prices saw a drop in the use of natural gas for electricity - with renewables and hydro-power picking up the slack.

China's a signatory to the Paris accord and the USA isn't? Hmmm? 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

If the idea is that the agreement lacks enforcing teeth, then I totally agree. And, as I said in the post quoted, if the kak hits the fan then the nations that probably flouted the agreement (China) and those who didn't want to try for their own reasons (USA) will share culpability.

It's a sad indictment of Trump's reign on the whole when his Communications Director gains more attention for the way she dresses than her work:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/11/hope-hicks-fashion-fixation

What's this supposed to be? A catwalk or the stage for global politics? These media outlets are out of their mind(s). And so is Hope Hicks.

Tragic. The US Presidency on the way down towards a gameshow host image. "The Apprentice" says hello.

Btw, who names their child "Hope", anyway?

Edited by MC Prussian

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41977120

Trump aside, this is an interesting debate - I thought the two man rule applied at all stages of a nuclear launch including the Presidents own order...apparently not. So, in light of that, should any one person have the sole ability to launch that amount of devastating firepower with no kind of check or balance? Or is it a necessity based on the little time a decision might have to be made in should the situation arise?

23 hours ago, Webbo said:

23 hours ago, leicsmac said:

If the idea is that the agreement lacks enforcing teeth, then I totally agree. And, as I said in the post quoted, if the kak hits the fan then the nations that probably flouted the agreement (China) and those who didn't want to try for their own reasons (USA) will share culpability.

Two dozen of the 196 countries backing the Paris agreement have included efficient coal technology in their national contributions to cutting emissions. But predictions for future coal use have the plummeted in recent years as the cost of renewable energy has dropped. In 2013, the International Energy Agency expected coal-burning to grow by 40% by 2040; today it anticipates just 1% growth, while China and India have recently cancelled plans for hundreds of new coal plants.

On 14/11/2017 at 13:58, MC Prussian said:

It's a sad indictment of Trump's reign on the whole when his Communications Director gains more attention for the way she dresses than her work:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/11/hope-hicks-fashion-fixation

What's this supposed to be? A catwalk or the stage for global politics? These media outlets are out of their mind(s). And so is Hope Hicks.

Tragic. The US Presidency on the way down towards a gameshow host image. "The Apprentice" says hello.

Btw, who names their child "Hope", anyway?

I agree with the sentiment, but I'm not sure singling out what is predominantly a fashion/culture magazine for talking about fashion rather than politics is the best way of making your point. 

Edited by ajthefox

10 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I agree with the sentiment, but I'm not sure singling out what is predominantly a fashion/culture magazine for talking about fashion rather than politics is the best way of making your point. 

True.

However, you can substitute the link and replace it with dozens of regular newspapers, even more reputable ones. They all reported on the same story/non-story.

Anyone else been following the Roy Moore case?

Today his lawyer defending him against going after underage girls said, and I quote: "In other countries, there's arrangement through parents for what we would refer to as consensual marriage.”

Um...I'm not entirely sure that's the point here?

Anyway, stepping away from Repub indiscretions for a second, this is pretty brilliant. Undercover drug cops posing as buyers meet...undercover drug cops posing as sellers. And it ends in a fistfight in the street. Amazing.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/detroit-police-officers-fight-each-other-in-undercover-op-gone-wrong

• Haha 1

Trump tweeting about Franken & sexual harassment. 

His ability to be a hypocrite/liar is just absolutely unwavering. Unbelievable Jeff. He's got to be best troll ever, surely?

Edited by ajthefox

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Not seen any Tweets about Roy Moore from him...so yeah, pretty hypocritical.

I was thinking more specifically about Trump's comments on Franken being handsy after the Trump recording...

image.thumb.png.6c93c0d1896426e28614668e7a78141e.png

12 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I was thinking more specifically about Trump's comments on Franken being handsy after the Trump recording...

image.thumb.png.6c93c0d1896426e28614668e7a78141e.png

Oh yeah, Trump trying to lecture anyone on sexual indiscretions is like King Herod giving a lecture on child safety for that reason alone. 

I was just pointing out also that he doesn't seem keen to draw attention to accused harassers/nonces within his own party establishment also.

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure which is the most scariest to look at, him in real-life or as a puppet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-42025898/donald-trump-spitting-image-puppet-unveiled

_98793986_20171107_scvadonaldtrump_0007.

Can you post an image of the puppet so we can compare the 2?

• Haha 2

Ah, Georgia. You never fail to disappoint.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/georgia-fighting-keep-its-laws-secret-unless-you-pay

(Will find another source for this if people want.)

Also kudos to Trump for actually realising something is a massive error by walking back the decision to allow elephant trophies to be exported back into the US

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42035832