Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Britain First are vile but if you are more concerned about a retweet rather than the content of the tweet you are part of the problem. 

Guest FriendlyRam

When is he getting removed? This is getting absolutely pethetic,, the man is a disgrace and should be gone by now, hes gloated about grabbing women, theyve just sacked an nbc anchor for something less, yet trump carries on. I get the feeling they dont want him removed, hes perfect divide and conquer isnt he, the public should get him out, by his neck.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Contents of the tweet were fair and reasonable were they? I don't have twitter so I can't say I've seen....

I actually don't know myself which makes my original statement a bit daft.

I just don't get the outrage that follows everything Trump does, people can't wait to go crazy at anything he does. 

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

I just don't get the outrage that follows everything Trump does, people can't wait to go crazy at anything he does. 

Three videos from what I can tell, not watched them, though.

I must say though there's a cause and effect thing going on here: if people want folks to stop being outraged at what Trump does, then perhaps he should stop doing outrageous things? Unless this isn't all that outrageous in the minds of some folks?

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Probably because people hold the president of the United States to higher standards than they do some no-mark attention seeking scummer from the far right.

Edited by Rogstanley

30 minutes ago, MattP said:

Britain First are vile but if you are more concerned about a retweet rather than the content of the tweet you are part of the problem. 

It's not so much the re-tweet, rather the person who is doing the re-tweeting.

If Theresa may re-tweeted a film promoting paedophilia (for example) would you take the same stance?

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

If Theresa may re-tweeted a film promoting paedophilia (for example) would you take the same stance?

I don't understand what you are saying here. 

I've just looked and Trump retweeted a homophobic attack (albeit from a racist), how is that akin to our PM "promoting" paedophilia? 

Really am baffled. 

37 minutes ago, MattP said:

Both are a problem, the fact that people are creating such videos and putting them out there, and the people that then share them to their millions of followers.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Same as above, people making films promoting paedophilia are a big problem, as are people sharing and distributing them.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I'd hardly say retweeting those videos is on a par with promoting paedophilia, it's more like if Mrs May shared a video of the patrons of a gay bar beating up normies in the alley out back - the contents are undoubtedly to be reviled (except the one video Trump shared of some randomer smashing a shit statue of the virgin Mary which I personally find pretty hard to get upset about much like people burning flags, if it was a genuine work of art it would be different) but it's irresponsible of the influential public figure to use it as a way of saying "see, they're all like that, get angry at them".

• Like 1

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

I'd hardly say retweeting those videos is on a par with promoting paedophilia, it's more like if Mrs May shared a video of the patrons of a gay bar beating up normies in the alley out back - the contents are undoubtedly to be reviled (except the one video Trump shared of some randomer smashing a shit statue of the virgin Mary which I personally find pretty hard to get upset about much like people burning flags, if it was a genuine work of art it would be different) but it's irresponsible of the influential public figure to use it as a way of saying "see, they're all like that, get angry at them".

This, of course, being the whole idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I don't understand what you are saying here. 

I've just looked and Trump retweeted a homophobic attack (albeit from a racist), how is that akin to our PM "promoting" paedophilia? 

Really am baffled. 

I'm trying to put it in terms that might resonate with you (purely hypothetical, of course).

As I understand it, Trump re-tweeted three anti-muslim videos; if you can't see what's wrong with that, then I'd be wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I'm trying to put it in terms that might resonate with you (purely hypothetical, of course).

As I understand it, Trump re-tweeted three anti-muslim videos; if you can't see what's wrong with that, then I'd be wasting my time trying to explain it to you

I get that, I'm just trying to work out how it equates to Theresa May promoting peadophilia?

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Explained it far better than I did.

53 minutes ago, MattP said:

The fact that you wrote this without even knowing what the content was is shocking.

It was a video of a kid being beaten to death. No matter what the context, for the President of the United States to tweet that is appalling. 

I know you've acknowledged the fact it's wrong later on, but it's concerning how quick you are to try and spin something in the opposite direction. 

Just now, Simi said:

The fact that you wrote this without even knowing what the content was is shocking.

It was a video of a kid being beaten to death. No matter what the context, for the President of the United States to tweet that is appalling. 

I know you've acknowledged the fact it's wrong later on, but it's concerning how quick you are to try and spin something in the opposite direction. 

I genuinely apologise, indefensible for the US president to retweet from such sources. I do wish the World took such a view that was so aggresive towards people that commit these crimes though. He's a shyster doing it for political gain. 

Despite being a vile Tory I hate seeing this stuff. If I was England captain now I'd be on TV telling the World I'm wearing a rainbow armband in Russia next year and I'd dare them to lock me in prison for it. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I genuinely apologise, indefensible for the US president to retweet from such sources. I do wish the World took such a view that was so aggresive towards people that commit these crimes though. He's a shyster doing it for political gain. 

Despite being a vile Tory I hate seeing this stuff. If I was England captain now I'd be on TV telling the World I'm wearing a rainbow armband in Russia next year and I'd dare them to lock me in prison for it. 

Good man.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

:appl:

Agree with every word of this, and really well put.

29 minutes ago, Simi said:

Good man.

26 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

:appl:

Agree with every word of this, and really well put.

Cheers guys, easy to say on here of course by I do hope I would have the balls to carry it out.

Edited by MattP