Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

That's just hyperbole to try and discredit my points. Corbyn isn't a terrorist and I have never accused him of of being so. He has promoted some horrific groups though who are terrorists.

I think he's prepared to tolerate anti-semitism providing its based around a criticism of Israel.

(For what it's worth I just think the guy is actually,  a useful idiot for those groups, unlike people like McDonnell who are genuinely malevolent)

Edit: not worth it

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Firstly there's no hyperbole in my comments whatsoever. Do you know what hyperbole means?

Secondly, any minor criticism of Israel, let alone clear comment on the blatant illegality of their policies and forced takeovers of Palestinian land, gets criticised as anti-semetic. I've no idea what comments you're talking about, and would argue extremely strongly against true anti semitism and have to assume you're not just talking about this.

It is hyperbole, can you show me one post I've made where I have accused Jeremy Corbyn of being a terrorist? 

Criticism of Israel is fine, I'd argue hosting a group wanting the destruction of the nation goes beyond that, I'd argue sharing pictures on Facebook wanting to deport Jews to the US goes beyond that, I'd saying sharing pictures of Jews with huge noses goes beyond that. (Naz Shahn Bradford)

Do you really think all these Jewish people in Labour are lying when they say it' rampant? 

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

The way Matt tells it it sounds like Corbyn & Co. are secretly drawing up plans to fire up the gas chambers again.

Even if I did believe that it wouldn't worry me as by the time they had finished the plans the gas board would be on strike. 

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Fvck sake this thread's boring today.  Nobody's having their best day but I'm finding myself coming down more on Matt's side in this petty argument, at least he's demonstrated the ability to consider alternative views.

I'm taking that as some sort of moral victory, thanks mate.

Bed for me now I think, enough miserable politics and time for a 12 hour Ashes/City session from 3am!

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Fvck sake this thread's boring today.  Nobody's having their best day but I'm finding myself coming down more on Matt's side in this petty argument, at least he's demonstrated the ability to consider alternative views.

Has he?

If anything, I'm amazed by the mental gymnastic he performs to turn pretty much any political event into an attack on Corbyn. 

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

But on the topic of Trump, I said he'd be out of office before the end of the year.  I've since learned to severely lower my expectations for a return to something approaching common sense and I'm resigned to believing this latest scandal will not have any effect after all that's been already.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

Has he?

If anything, I'm amazed by the mental gymnastic he performs to turn pretty much any political event into an attack on Corbyn. 

Pointing out hypocrisy is never a bad thing. If it makes one person come out of the "outrage chamber" and do some thinking it's worth it.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I'm taking that as some sort of moral victory, thanks mate.

Bed for me now I think, enough miserable politics and time for a 12 hour Ashes/City session from 3am!

Ha it's a cheap victory.  No doubt another point of hypocrisy given my past comments on here but I really have become so utterly bored with this left vs right bullshit.

Just now, Charl91 said:

Has he?

Yeah the Corbyn stuff is tiring but he was also the only one to point out that Jeremy's since apologised for his remarks while everyone else was looking for ways to make personal attacks and dig trenches instead of taking a pause to think and give a decent response.

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Pointing out hypocrisy is never a bad thing. If it makes one person come out of the "outrage chamber" and do some thinking it's worth it.

It's alright to say "I don't understand how people can be outraged by re-tweets", but if Corbyn re-tweeted a pro-hamas video, then you'd be outraged for years, not just days.  If anything, your outrage at people's outrage is hypocritical lol 

Defending Trump and attacking Corbyn seem to be your two favourite past-times. Must have been like Christmas come early when you realised you could do both at once.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

It's alright to say "I don't understand how people can be outraged by re-tweets", but if Corbyn re-tweeted a pro-hamas video, then you'd be outraged for years, not just days.  If anything, your outrage at people's outrage is hypocritical lol 

Defending Trump and attacking Corbyn seem to be your two favourite past-times. Must have been like Christmas come early when you realised you could do both at once.

He didn't just retweet them, he invited them to parliament and called them his friends, imagine Trump doing with Britain First, would be a scene lol

But anyway, if you voted Corbyn, don't worry, go back far enough we've all voted for people who have sided with hate groups at some point I'm sure.

Corbyn expressed his regret, I hope soon Donald Trump does as well and you offer him similar forgiveness.

(I actually condemned Trump for this BTW, but I don't expect you to acknowledge that)

Edited by MattP

13 hours ago, toddybad said:

I can't really get excited about it. I'm hoping the date of any visit will just never be set and he'll disappear before we need to worry about it. 

I'm much more worried about the number of nobs in this country who like Britain first Facebook posts oblivious to who is behind them and the fact that the content is made up bullshit.

I do think mattp needs to get over this whole corbyn is a terrorist thing. He just agrees with things which aren't mainstream in the UK. Nothing about the guy tells me that he believes in the annihilation of an ant, let alone a race.

Trump's a bellend. We all know it, most of the us knows it, the rest of the world certainly knows it. Teresa May needs to stop being so wishy washy but won't. I'd quite like our leader to just address the American people and say that we will always be their steadfast friends but they've made a terrible error of judgement and so we will continue to work with them where possible but our support will not ignore his errors and we may have to step away at times.

Just to be clear I think your all bellends

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

The way Matt tells it it sounds like Corbyn & Co. are secretly drawing up plans to fire up the gas chambers again.

Does it? Sounds like he's more concerned about how the left seems to be happy to enable anti-Semitism provided it's based around being anti-Israel: a very fair concern. No-one is shouting about the left being the new Nazis.

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Does it? Sounds like he's more concerned about how the left seems to be happy to enable anti-Semitism provided it's based around being anti-Israel: a very fair concern. No-one is shouting about the left being the new Nazis.

Expect a one word reply, laughing emoticon or an insult, you won't get anything sensible back. 

It's amazing how defensive people get over it, almost like they know what they are enabling but unable to bring themselves to admit it.

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

oh bore off Matt. lighten up ffs.

I don't even give a **** about your opinions on half this shit but it's jokes watching you roll out the same old rubbish each and every time.

Said without a hint of irony as well.