Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
possiblygeorge

Why Pearson shouldn't happen

Pearson's a nasty man!

He did a pretty good job though.

Yeah but he's a thug.

I really don't like him.

I love a good Pearson thread. While I'm curious to see what his actual ceiling would have been with us. There's surely too much bad blood there. Especially if it's true that Rudkin wasn't particularly fond of him.

It amazes me the tunnel vision that people seem to have when there's a managerial vacancy at a club. There's got to be hundreds of managers/potential managers out there that would probably improve us given the chance. It doesn't need to be someone from the merry go round and there's no need to get hysterical just because a bookmaker has put some well known names on a betting market.

I hope we use this as an opportunity to set a similar framework to which Pearson brought in and ask the manager to work to that. We need a club wide philosophy again. One of Pearson's greatest assets was surrounding himself with top class talent in a variety of areas that helped to keep the squad in top condition mentally and physically.

I'd be interested to see the split between pro-Pearson and anti-Pearson in terms of age. To me it seems a lot of the anti-Pearson are a bit older (they are offended by his lack of respect for the media and downright bullheadedness!) whilst the younger fans seem to disregard that as not being so important and just judge more based on his achievements (which were beyond question).

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I'd be interested to see the split between pro-Pearson and anti-Pearson in terms of age. To me it seems a lot of the anti-Pearson are a bit older (they are offended by his lack of respect for the media and downright bullheadedness!) whilst the younger fans seem to disregard that as not being so important and just judge more based on his achievements (which were beyond question).

Not sure mate.

Im 48 and can see both...his antics were ridiculous, but he's also a bloody good football manager.

Its not age, it's being able to think round a subject a little.

:thumbup:

I will always  like and respect Nige. Always. Proper "Pearsonite" me.

But I don't think coming back would be good. 

We need to push the club forward (something that should have happened in the summer). We need a manager that can take us to the next level consistently.

3 hours ago, seenitall said:

Did anyone see the amazing job he did at Derby?

That really just sums you up, that you'd come onto Foxestalk to comment on Nigel Pearson's achievements at Derby rather than his time at Leicester.

Here's a suggestion, if you logged on to a Derby forum you might find some more people who feel the same as you about him.

10 hours ago, Mark_w said:

I guess as you've only been following Leicester for a few years that blasphemy can be forgiven... nah actually probably can't. Shame on you.

Ah right so you can't have an opinion because your not a real supporter if you haven't followed since birth 

I get it 

but I've my opinion anyway lol

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

I wonder if in a year's time, when the new manager has just lost an important game we'll be having threads like this about Ranieri?

No.... we respect  ranieri.  The pearson supporters are still in denial that he had to go.... they need to get over it

On 24/02/2017 at 04:54, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Been a supporter proudly for close to 45 years till today. The idea of the players wanting that tw*t sickens me. I would literally take anyone over him. A total embarrasment

Was it his haircut that did it for you? Or the fact that he wasn't good with the media? Or that he actually told a fan to FOAD who gave him hassle?

It certainly wasn't him creating a solid group, a togetherness, or turning £250'000 players into multi million pound Champions.

What was it then that caused him to be a t&&& in your eyes? I reckon it will be the fact that he actually answered a fan back. You probably didn't like that one the most. 

Need a manager who wants to focus on our strengths rather than the oppositions. Fed up of defensive football and setting up to stop conceding rather than attacking and scoring goals- Unfortunately, Pearson sits under that umbrella. 

20 hours ago, filbertway said:

Pearson's a nasty man!

Yeah but he's a thug.

I really don't like him.

I love a good Pearson thread. While I'm curious to see what his actual ceiling would have been with us. There's surely too much bad blood there. Especially if it's true that Rudkin wasn't particularly fond of him.

It amazes me the tunnel vision that people seem to have when there's a managerial vacancy at a club. There's got to be hundreds of managers/potential managers out there that would probably improve us given the chance. It doesn't need to be someone from the merry go round and there's no need to get hysterical just because a bookmaker has put some well known names on a betting market.

I hope we use this as an opportunity to set a similar framework to which Pearson brought in and ask the manager to work to that. We need a club wide philosophy again. One of Pearson's greatest assets was surrounding himself with top class talent in a variety of areas that helped to keep the squad in top condition mentally and physically.

Probably a murdered Journo lol

Why are we having a debate about Pearson?? It's not a case it shouldn't happen, it's a case it won't happen. The owners sacked him for a reason, and I doubt Pearson will come back to a club that sacked him and his son, do you? Both will look silly and both have strong pride. So, it won't happen from both fronts. 

On the flip side, some of the managers that are on "the bookies list" scares me. I don't want Pardew or Hodgson anywhere near this club. 

Archived