Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Foxestalk World Cup of Food - FINAL

World Cup of Food - Final & 3rd Place Playoff:  

130 members have voted

1. 1. FINAL - Fish & Chips (UK) Vs Tandoori Chicken (India)

2. 2. 3rd Place Playoff - Doner Kebab (Turkey) Vs Burrito (Mexico)

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

What even is a ploughmans though. A cob, some cheese, bit of ham some pickle and an apple. Put it on a board and its north of a tenner. Piss off. I have that in my pack up every other day.

I bet the ploughman is well pissed off..

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Every time we make it the sausages go all dry and get a condom skin. Grim. Anyone got any tips to make a good one?

Cut the sausages in half, a pre roast for 15 minutes so the skin is firm and not porous. Make sure the batter covers close to the top

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

Obviously they ain't gonna cook with any colour on em in the time it takes for the Yorkshire pudding to cook.

Dunno, then.

Maybe it's different with veggy sausage.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Oh and make sure there is a reasonable amount of oil in the base of the dish. Sausages are so lean these days they don't produce the fat needed. 

I don't have no bollocks Richmond sausage or the stuff made out soya beans @Buce gets off on. Good stuff from the butchers, mate

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The bang is from the water in the hot oil, though...

You can't argue with scientists or I'll tell @The Doctor

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/30/why-healthier-sausages-have-lead-to-bangers-losing-their-bang/amp/

it does actually mention the water content being a big part but also the lean meat.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

A reference I made to this thread popped up on my Facebook memories this morning, almost exactly 2 years ago. Must be time for the European Championships... lol

The World Cup of Food was (and probably still is to this day) my biggest contribution to Foxestalk (Which in itself is a sad indication of my lack of impact on this site)

And for the record, i'm still very annoyed with you all that Paella was voted off so early on in the competition!

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

A reference I made to this thread popped up on my Facebook memories this morning, almost exactly 2 years ago. Must be time for the European Championships... lol

The World Cup of Food was (and probably still is to this day) my biggest contribution to Foxestalk (Which in itself is a sad indication of my lack of impact on this site)

And for the record, i'm still very annoyed with you all that Paella was voted off so early on in the competition!

This thread pretty much predicted Brexit.

Take your filthy, stinking, delicious, foreign food and stuff it!

• Haha 1