Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Paul Konchesky Interview

26 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Good interview, shit player.

Very harsh, he probably had his best years already behind him when he joined us, lost a lot of speed as he neared the end of his career. Good enough for the Championship at the time, would've probably not made the cut as a left-back in the Premier League at age 30+. Solid & reliable in my memory. A bit like Bruno Berner.

20 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Very harsh, he probably had his best years already behind him when he joined us, lost a lot of speed as he neared the end of his career. Good enough for the Championship at the time, would've probably not made the cut as a left-back in the Premier League at age 30+. Solid & reliable in my memory. A bit like Bruno Berner.

Not like Bruno Berner at all really, as Bruno Berner wasn't shit!

12 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Not like Bruno Berner at all really, as Bruno Berner wasn't shit!

Bruno Berner had a great start for us in League One and one fantastic season in the Championship, and was then replaced by none other than... Paul Konchesky, four years his junior.

They should both be remembered for what they gave to the club. What Konchesky lacked in goals he made up in assists.

Ranieri's winning the league actually bought him more time rather than him getting sacked because of it.  Konchesky seems to be forgetting that we had the worst record of all 92 league clubs for 2017, no league goals and hurtling toward the championship like a cannonball.

Love the way so many criticise players like konchesky while theyre playing, but then they leave and say something nice about us and everyones "oh yeah. Solid player. Great pro. Model of consistency. Always gave 110%"

lollol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Donut said:

Love the way so many criticise players like konchesky while theyre playing, but then they leave and say something nice about us and everyones "oh yeah. Solid player. Great pro. Model of consistency. Always gave 110%"

lollol

They're criticising the player in the moment at the time though aren't they, then observing his whole time here at the end. Pretty sure most comments would back that up.

• Like 1

would we have sacked ranieri this season if we finished 17th last season?

probably not but we didnt finish 17th did we?

i know the football world expects us to ride off happily into the sunset after an impossible premier league title but god forbid we try and stop ourselves from getting relegated the next seasonlol

• Like 1

On 28/03/2017 at 15:57, MPH said:

I wouldn't be against him being involved with the youth set up...

I don't know anything about his capabilities as a coach - decent players don't always make effective coaches - but it can help to have players who've recently been there and done things,  helping around the training ground. Kids can be inspired by players they've known and admired.

When I ran my squash club I always had champions around - including the then Leicestershire Number One and England-ranked Simon Taylor. If the first thing juniors see at a club is people playing the game brilliantly, there's every chance of a knock-on effect over time. I don't say Konch was brilliant, but he did well enough.    

Edited by Thracian

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

I don't know anything about his capabilities as a coach - decent players don't always make effective coaches - but it can help to have players who've recently been there and done things,  helping around the training ground. Kids can be inspired by players they've known and admired.

When I ran my squash club I always had champions around - including the then Leicestershire Number One and England-ranked Simon Taylor. If the first thing juniors see at a club is people playing the game brilliantly, there's every chance of a knock-on effect over time. I don't say Konch was brilliant, but he did well enough.    

But squash is shit