Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Drop Riyad

33 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I am repeating myself here.

He has not improved to the same extent others have since Shakey took over.

The rest of the team have improved markedly recently; not enough end product from RM, simple as that.

You made the wrong choice in citing Vardy as a comparison who on the the other hand has missed a few chances - every striker does- but generally he's been on fire.

Mahrez has improved under Shakey, even if it's less than others. Drinky on the other hand has shown no improvement and probably got worse.

43 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

The rest of the team have improved markedly recently; not enough end product from RM, simple as that.

You made the wrong choice in citing Vardy as a comparison who on the the other hand has missed a few chances - every striker does- but generally he's been on fire.

Drinky hasn't improved at all under Shakey. His season is abysmal since the game against WBA ages ago. If i had to compare, I'd say that Mahrez improved under Shakey a bit better than him. all in all, both are actually shit but curiously I don't find the same dedication from you. And don't come at me with the "carrying a knock" excuse.

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

No one said jack when he was sitting at 0 goals for first half of the season. Never seen a "Drop Vardy" thread... There's a little bias, don't you think?

Worst part is, Mahrez isn't even play bad. He's just not on the same form as he was last year. 

9 goals, 4 assists in about 30 games isn't too bad for a winger...

Capture.PNG.a328b1490dd3d00d53867c2d5b1317d5.PNG

WHERE AS ALBRIGHTON, has only 3 goals and 5 assists in about the same amount of GPs as Mahrez:

Capture.PNG.90c74e1c697917f72ec484b31435c1eb.PNG

For me, Mahrez is the second best in attack right now after Vardy. He just doesn't have as much liberty in the attack anymore, since every time he gets the ball, he gets pressed by 5 players. 

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Mahrez has improved under Shakey, even if it's less than others. Drinky on the other hand has shown no improvement and probably got worse.

That I do agree with. 

His form has fallen off the proverbial cliff). He cannot do a thing right at the moment to the point where if there was a viable alternative Drinks should be dropped.

5 hours ago, Redouane said:

No one said jack when he was sitting at 0 goals for first half of the season. Never seen a "Drop Vardy" thread... There's a little bias, don't you think?

Worst part is, Mahrez isn't even play bad. He's just not on the same form as he was last year. 

9 goals, 4 assists in about 30 games isn't too bad for a winger...

Capture.PNG.a328b1490dd3d00d53867c2d5b1317d5.PNG

WHERE AS ALBRIGHTON, has only 3 goals and 5 assists in about the same amount of GPs as Mahrez:

Capture.PNG.90c74e1c697917f72ec484b31435c1eb.PNG

For me, Mahrez is the second best in attack right now after Vardy. He just doesn't have as much liberty in the attack anymore, since every time he gets the ball, he gets pressed by 5 players. 

Ok. 

I think the CL games (5 & 6 months ago) may make up a big portion of those figures? 

Lets stop this tete a tete now, we disagree; let's leave it at that;life is too short.

Edit: sorry could read all the text you posted when replying.

6 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Drinky hasn't improved at all under Shakey. His season is abysmal since the game against WBA ages ago. If i had to compare, I'd say that Mahrez improved under Shakey a bit better than him. all in all, both are actually shit but curiously I don't find the same dedication from you. And don't come at me with the "carrying a knock" excuse.

Yes agreed, he has been awful.

I agree with Mahrez and Gray not being on the pitch at the same time, as they're still both trying to get to grips with the defending aspect of their positions imo - hence why I thought it was correct in playing Albrighton instead of Gray on Wednesday with Albrighton vis his experience knowing when it's time to defend but also when it's fine to go up further the pitch.

Mahrez seems to have bulked up a bit and looks more stronger, but am quite disappointed he's not being as effective as he can he (although that could be down to the way the team is set up in terms of formation).

25 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Ok. 

I think the CL games (5 & 6 months ago) may make up a big portion of those figures? 

Lets stop this tete a tete now, we disagree; let's leave it at that;life is too short.

Edit: sorry could read all the text you posted when replying.

Well, what's the point of a messaging board if we all circle jerked each other. You have an opinion, you shared it, and i shared mine. There's no harm in that ;)

I am a massive advocate of a flair player and can appreciate exactly the kind of magic he has up his sleeve, but the case for giving him a few games off gets stronger. There just isn't that magic as much nowadays.

Don't think he's helped at times either though. The movement around him could be better.

This is a tough one.

There's a song case for saying that we should play Gray instead of an out-of-form Mahrez on Tuesday.

But.....

Mahrez at his best is world class, the one guy in the team who can conjure something up out of nothing, like he did last year. The price for that may be some indifferent performances other times.

The chance of that one-off brilliance is what keeps him in the team.

I'm not even sure what I could do in Shakey's shoes

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Problem with Gray is he tends to go missing for large portions of matches.

It is coz he needs to mix up his game a bit.... his main move is to come inside from the left and shoot. .. if they close him down or keep him to the outside he needs more tricks

Form or not... mahrez attacts a lot of attention....  so that's a problem for our opponents.  I think its good to start him.  Yet he needs to mix it up more... play an early ball in rather than always try to skill the defenders..  by showing this they will have to stand off him.  Imo he needs a personal coach to work on this 

Archived