Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

Drop Riyad

Lets play Albrighton and Gray at the same time and drop Mahrez.

His form since our revival under Shakespeare has been poor, and he was again tonight.

Yes I know he can occasionally pull something magical out of the bag, but how many times has that happened this season? Let's give Gray a chance at being the 'luxary' player and show Mahrez that he can't just turn up and expect to play.

Any agreement here, or am I about to get slated? :P

He got repeatedly kicked to shit at the start of counter attacks most of the first half and as usual he fleets in and out of games, if he popped up with a through ball to Slimani in one little moment with the same performance hes biggest legend ever again.

Goals against West Ham, Hull and a very good performance against Seville dont count as contributing to Shakeys revival then?

Support the players dont jump on their backs, we know what Riyad can be capable, even if you dont believe it to begin with . . .

When he's not playing we miss him,when he's on he's not much use,

l keep saying it,he's light weight,predictable,it's almost boring,slows us down when counter attacking,and lazy defensively,

i do like him but he frustrates me,even more that there's a quality replacement for him,

yet he walks into the team on the back of some crap performances

I can see where the frustration is coming from and I can understand what (some) fans are expecting Mahrez to do (every single game), but his impact was pretty much obliterated by Atlético's defending. He was up against Luis Filipe most of the time - and that guy's no mug, I might add! And try getting past Godin and Savic. At home and on a good day, they are unstoppable.

Anyway, for what Mahrez lacked going forward, he made up with his defensive work - which has never really been his forte.

He tracked back, dug in and tried to cover and gain the ball as often as he could. For that he does deserve credit.

Still think he's the right choice for the return leg, but he could potentially use a bit of time on our PL bench.

cant believe anyone is criticising our players after today. We've just played one of the best teams in the world , arguably one of the top 3, and reduced them to hardly any shots on target and a dubious penalty.

anyone with a brain today could see we were set out from the off to keep the score down. Even the subs that came on were made to try keep the score down.

How do you expect an attacking player to be at his maximum in the very defensive role which was required of him today? He played his role well, by helping the team defensively and keeping our shape.

Where are my "drop okazaki" and "drop drinky" threads, or its all riyad's fault, he at least put a shift in, or you will not gonna mention that?

Give him the ball in our own half and expect him to do something, is that right? Drinky and simo just passing him the ball and letting him get stuck there for the wolves to get him.

I want him to get benched, but some here obviously have an agenda against the guy.

Poor tonight and I'd have liked to see gray come on at some point but riyad can produce something out of nothing at any time in any game and that's probably what we're gonna need. Stick

2 minutes ago, Magnificent Flannel said:

Thought it was odd he played today given that we were always going to go defensive. Would have thought Gray was better suited.

Has Shakespeare subbed him yet?

Mahrez is actually better at tracking back than Gray. 

He had a poor game but even though I have called for him to be dropped in the past, I do recognise that he was extremely well dealt with tonight by their players.

I said in the pre-match thread that he would need to show some magic tonight to prove he can be a world class player, but he didn't and I would have liked to have seen Gray given the same chance to shine. 

I think he worked hard in defence though and him and Danny have a good understanding and I can see why Shakey was cautious on switching him for Gray. 

I would actually start him against Palace as he needs some confidence back and Albrighton has to be rested, he was far better than Mahrez and would be a bigger loss as I now consider Albrighton our best winger and would only switch Gray for Mahrez in games. 

Archived