Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

He may not be best Managerial option out there but in this moment in time he is the best option for us, Simply because he knows the club and players inside out. Yes he's made mistakes in the last few Weeks but so does every manager.

He should be given a 12 Month Contract to see if he can add more quality to the squad and take us forward to be a consistent top ten side.

If he does get the Job he needs to get in a top Coach to help with the workload.

Course he's the best man for the job as if someone else comes in the players will have a hissy fit ..   but regardless he's still the best option !   As for timing, by holding back (officially), it will inspire the players to keep winning to try and help him get it ...   every position higher up the prem is money in the bank.

12 hours ago, z-layrex said:

The fact that this is even a discussion depresses me. We were in the championship with Matt Mills and Neil Danns a few years ago. Shakey was obviously hugely involved in the prem title and we just got to the CL quarters, went toe to toe with Althetico and he just quite casually rescued us from disaster. 

These are the best times we have EVER had as Leicester fans. There is absolutly no question as to whether he deserves a contract. 

I  generally agree with this but would just like to mention one fact and ask two questions:

1. Until Ndidi came, most managers would have struggled with the midfield options we had to partner Drinkwater. Our midfield didn't either protect our defence which got heavily criticised. Yet the same defence with or without Morgan looks solid again. Neither did it create chances for our attacking players mainly due to Drinkwater having an increased workload.

2. Is Shakespeare guilty of having Pearson like favourites?  How on earth is Marhez still first choice every game? He's been awful all season and the most of it through lack of application (though that does appear a little better of late). The point that Gray may leave our defence open is laughable as Marhez is hardly a reliable stalwart in assisting in that area.  If that worried, try Albrighton on the right and Chilwell on the left if you want to shore things up.

3. The most common question which is valid is whether Shakespeare can attract decent players to our club as opposed to someone like Mancini  (used only as an example). Shakespeare is undoubtedly a brilliant coach, they also reckon McClaren was once! There's a world of difference between the roles of manager and coach.

We are a multi million pound business now and I don't see our owners as ' let's give him a go' type of owners long term. Not many multimillion pound businesses are handed over to someone without some kind of track record in the top position and Shakespeare can't do both roles long term. Surely getting another coach carries a risk also. Rightly or wrongly, I forsee some big changes in the summer, both managerial and playing staff wise. All of these decisions will be made with a business head on and not with recourse to sentiment. 

Don't like the idea of player power, hissy fits and ousting managers. Players have been allowed to garner way too much influence in the modern game. 

That being said I do believe Shaky should get the gig for at least 12 months. If the players want him then they can show it by playing for him through a whole season. Then we can re-evaluate and see where we go. 

People were seriously overreacting in their criticisms of Shakey after five games without a win. We went 5 games without a win because they were really difficult fixtures! Everton (A) who at the time had only lost once at home in the league all season
Atletico (A)
Palace (A) difficult place to go to sandwiched between two CL quarter final legs
Atletico (H) tremendous effort against one of the best sides in Europe
Arsenal (A) beaten by an unfortunate OG in the last few minutes. Had we held on we'd be saying great point!

It's no real surprise that given those games and the busy schedule that we didn't pick up a win. I don't believe for one second that anyone could have come in and done better in these circumstances. The important thing is that the performances have massively improved and we've reaped the rewards of that. Shakey has my full backing. 

14 hours ago, Koke said:

To put it into perspective how bad we were when Shakespeare took over - we had 21 points and Sunderland had 19. We now have 40 points and Sunderland have 21.

He's got us really organised. Got Vardy scoring again. If we get Mahrez & Drinkwater up and running again next season + 2/3 good signings I can see Shakespeare doing well with us.

Shit, says it all.

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Don't like the idea of player power, hissy fits and ousting managers. Players have been allowed to garner way too much influence in the modern game. 

That being said I do believe Shaky should get the gig for at least 12 months. If the players want him then they can show it by playing for him through a whole season. Then we can re-evaluate and see where we go. 

Exactly, give him the job then see what happens ...    if not up to it ...   

Plus, I honestly can't see players not coming here cus Shakey is the manager ...   at the end of the day they will do as their agent says or he would take their play station off them.

Its an absolute no brainer to me and still fits in nicely with the owners long term plan.   Personally, I think he will shine like a star and eventually go on to manage England.

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I  generally agree with this but would just like to mention one fact and ask two questions:

1. Until Ndidi came, most managers would have struggled with the midfield options we had to partner Drinkwater. Our midfield didn't either protect our defence which got heavily criticised. Yet the same defence with or without Morgan looks solid again. Neither did it create chances for our attacking players mainly due to Drinkwater having an increased workload.

2. Is Shakespeare guilty of having Pearson like favourites?  How on earth is Marhez still first choice every game? He's been awful all season and the most of it through lack of application (though that does appear a little better of late). The point that Gray may leave our defence open is laughable as Marhez is hardly a reliable stalwart in assisting in that area.  If that worried, try Albrighton on the right and Chilwell on the left if you want to shore things up.

3. The most common question which is valid is whether Shakespeare can attract decent players to our club as opposed to someone like Mancini  (used only as an example). Shakespeare is undoubtedly a brilliant coach, they also reckon McClaren was once! There's a world of difference between the roles of manager and coach.

We are a multi million pound business now and I don't see our owners as ' let's give him a go' type of owners long term. Not many multimillion pound businesses are handed over to someone without some kind of track record in the top position and Shakespeare can't do both roles long term. Surely getting another coach carries a risk also. Rightly or wrongly, I forsee some big changes in the summer, both managerial and playing staff wise. All of these decisions will be made with a business head on and not with recourse to sentiment. 

Exactly where the "sentiment" would be in keeping a manager who's been involved in our so much success at our club as a coach and has now rescued us from a seemingly desperate relegation situation to the point where we're now challenging for a top 10 place, I don't know.

Especially when adding in the bonus of our Champions League performance (knocked out only by an unfair decision) and the massive revival of our all-important team spirit since Shakespeare's appointment.

In the current situation any other appointment would be a massive and completely unnecessary risk and one I believe would be accompanied by yet more unwanted upheaval when our real need is for sound evolution based on steadily improving what already exists.       

Archived