Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

On 28/04/2017 at 14:29, wanttobegolfer said:

Shakespeare not good enough, why go all defencive when all points gained by attacking, are we seeing Raneri tacticks, go 442 and attack the opposition

I've 2 things to say about that pararagraph.

1. go and learn about how football  works.

2. go and learn about how spelling works.

Quite surprised at some of the reactions. Last season we got by with less possession, less attempts on goal and let's be honest, a fair few close shaves. Lots of single goal victories, our big victories were few and far between. Since coming in Shakey has overseen us taking 19 points out of a possible 28 which is up there with our form last year. This is without beating Sevilla and worrying Atletico. Done an absolutely excellent job.

14 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Think he's getting a bit too much stick regarding tactics. We've been pretty damn good under his tenure in our home games and he's changed the style for two tough away games. Two away games that nearly yielded 4 points and two clean sheets - in my book that's decent management. Yes, we'd all like to see exciting, attacking football but he's taken a different approach probably because the players are quite tired and it's been a decent week. If he were to employ similar tactics for a home game then I might be concerned but I think he's done okay this week. 

Precisely. His record since he took over is W6 D1 L2 (one of those with a weakened team due to our CL commitments). He also beat Sevilla. Why anyone needs to look anywhere else is beyond me.   

I think it is about what his plans for the team are. He has got the best out of a team that he knows very well, restored confidence, and got them winning and keeping clean sheets.

I think there are slight questions over his tactics, he hasn't tried anything new yet and sometimes his subs have been a little late.

If he can identify how to develop the team and re-enforce the weak areas with the right players I see no reason why he shouldn't stay, but this is the one area he hasn't been tested in yet, and he has Rudkin to cope with as director of football.

Can't believe those criticsising Shakey

This ridiculous notion that a big named manager will attract top players

Sven!!!

Ranieri Mendy!!!

We have some great young players and need solid experienced Premiership players to give strength to the squad

I really hope the owners do not go for some washed up big name

Crikey what does Shakey have to do??

I remember Rob Kelly taking over, when he had been coach under Craig Levein, after Levein  had been sacked.

Always looked on as a good coach, City players at that time all loved him, and wanted him to get the job permanently, which he did, after keeping us up, and was then sacked the following season, after it was all going pear shaped.

That is my fear with appointing Shakespeare.

His lack of experience in the managerial role, may become more evident during next season.

I suppose we will never know, unless we give him a chance.

Does he deserve that chance, well yes he probably does, but certainly i see it as a big gamble, and one that concerns me.

I do believe there are more experienced and better managers we could appoint, but certainly that would be harsh on Shakespeare, who has done what will have been asked of him.

I think the difference is that Rob Kelly had the situation thrust on him and didn't appear to ever harbour an ambition to be a first team manager. I remember a few seasons back that Pearson made a comment about Shakespeare wanting to be a manager at some point in his career. I think he's been building up to this for some time and would probably have left had this opportunity not arrived. Always seemed to be a manager in waiting to me.

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I can't believe people are questioning his ability.

I think we played a good game plan against Arsenal. We only lost 1-0 after a deflection. We saw out the game without being embarrassed. We just beat WBA away and saw the game out without giving them too many opportunities to score. Sure, they didn't have much to play for, so why play direct, open football, where we are more likely to get punished. I think CS is setting us up very well. We might be able to play with more freedom in the coming games now we have 40 points.

Arrrrghh, if I hear that phrase once more, I'm going to explode.

You could say we were lucky to only lose 1 - 0 because Sanchez was unlucky enough to hit the crossbar. Or, by the same logic, we only won today because of a poor backpass. If you're put under enough pressure, then you will generally make a mistake and concede a goal. It doesn't matter that it was a deflection - if balls are being pinged into your box time and time again, than an "unlucky" deflection will happen sooner or later.

Arsenal put us under a lot of pressure, and we were lucky to not have conceded beforehand.

Just now, Craig said:

We were only heading one way until Shakey took over, now with four games to go we're safe and it's not good enough for some. Unbelievable really.

That's it. Does anything think that any manager out there could have done better than Shakey in our situation? As long as we recruit better in the summer then I'm more than happy for Shakey to get the job!

On 28/04/2017 at 14:29, wanttobegolfer said:

Shakespeare not good enough, why go all defencive when all points gained by attacking, are we seeing Raneri tacticks, go 442 and attack the opposition

All pointed gained by attacking? Without a decent defensive and a solid defensive setup, you may as well not bother. Seeing as we pretty much won the league of our solid defence, during the spell where we won about 7 games in a row 1-0, shows how useful it is. Your footballing knowledge must be as just as good as your grammatical knowledge by the looks of it...

59 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

All pointed gained by attacking? Without a decent defensive and a solid defensive setup, you may as well not bother. Seeing as we pretty much won the league of our solid defence, during the spell where we won about 7 games in a row 1-0, shows how useful it is. Your footballing knowledge must be as just as good as your grammatical knowledge by the looks of it...

Give Shakey the job IMO. Has done well so far long may it continue 

1 hour ago, Craig said:

We were only heading one way until Shakey took over, now with four games to go we're safe and it's not good enough for some. Unbelievable really.

You really need to change your avatar mate. I see it and expect to read some bullshit from Kitchandro and then read a sensible post from you instead. It ****s with my head. lol

3 hours ago, jim5000 said:

I think it is about what his plans for the team are. He has got the best out of a team that he knows very well, restored confidence, and got them winning and keeping clean sheets.

I think there are slight questions over his tactics, he hasn't tried anything new yet and sometimes his subs have been a little late.

If he can identify how to develop the team and re-enforce the weak areas with the right players I see no reason why he shouldn't stay, but this is the one area he hasn't been tested in yet, and he has Rudkin to cope with as director of football.

Worth noting that he's bedding in to the "hot seat" of head manager. Tactical management, etc and gamesmanship are something that must be acquired on the job, albeit more quickly when you have as much experience as he does.

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

It is a bit odd, Ranieri couldn't buy a win but couldn't be criticised, shakey has an amazing record since becoming the boss and people seem incapable of praising him.

The problem with giving people a voice is that the moaners will always shout loudest. China has it right and that's why they're one of the most powerful nations on earth.

23 minutes ago, browniefox said:

No doubting Shaky has done a great job, one thing that annoys me. Why not use all 3 subs? Annoying players on the bench which could potentially cost us our young players in the summer. 

Cos he realises we are not quite safe yet and doesn't want to risk anything. Today was a huge 3 points why risk bringing Gray on and potentially exposing the defence? 

4 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I remember Rob Kelly taking over, when he had been coach under Craig Levein, after Levein  had been sacked.

Always looked on as a good coach, City players at that time all loved him, and wanted him to get the job permanently, which he did, after keeping us up, and was then sacked the following season, after it was all going pear shaped.

That is my fear with appointing Shakespeare.

His lack of experience in the managerial role, may become more evident during next season.

I suppose we will never know, unless we give him a chance.

Does he deserve that chance, well yes he probably does, but certainly i see it as a big gamble, and one that concerns me.

I do believe there are more experienced and better managers we could appoint, but certainly that would be harsh on Shakespeare, who has done what will have been asked of him.

All new managers are a big gamble really.

Look at pepe  man city ....first season in his msnagerial career, no trophy is this one.

He looked a dead cert, they thought to pick something up this season, A safe bet?

You just never know.

Let's give shakey a chance, he's earned the right, surely?

Archived