Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:19, yorkie1999 said:

Money attracts the players. Shakespeare will be manager next season

Shakespeare not good enough, why go all defencive when all points gained by attacking, are we seeing Raneri tacticks, go 442 and attack the opposition

On 27/04/2017 at 16:12, filbertway said:

Shakey seems very reluctant to make subs unless his hand his forced by going down. Only a short period of time so it's hard to tell either way. That's one thing that's struck me so far though.

If last night and Atletico are how he plans to play games away from home against teams with a decent reputation then he's not going to pick up many points or even score many goals against a fair few teams.

Still very early in his managerial career so it's hard to tell if it'll be a trait of his, personally I hate negative tactics, so I hope these are just him finding his feet.

Shakespeare doesn't strike me as naturally defensive nor were his victories short of goals before the heavy fixture load and key injuries kicked in.

His big problem just now is to keep the balance right with limited options. 

In fact he went closest to our taking a point from Arsenal in recent memory. 

Some seem to be searching for a reason to call the bloke, however unreasonable, presumably to promote their own preference for a "big name".

Well I for one think we should be grateful for what the guy's done so far. And even more grateful if he saves us from the massive threat of relegation Ranieri left us with.  

4 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Shakespeare doesn't strike me as naturally defensive nor were his victories short of goals before the heavy fixture load and key injuries kicked in.

Some seem to be searching for a reason to call the bloke, however unreasonable, presumably to promote their own preference for a "big name".

Well I for one think we should be grateful for what the guy's done so far. And even more grateful if he saves us from the massive threat of relegation Ranieri left us with.  

Yes, it was the closest we've gone to taking a point from Arsenal since Danny Welbeck scored a winner with a couple of seconds to go last year. 

12 minutes ago, Thracian said:

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Yes, it was the closest we've gone to taking a point from Arsenal since Danny Welbeck scored a winner with a couple of seconds to go last year. 

Did we not get a point against Arsenal earlier this season? Am I going crazy here? 

9 hours ago, wanttobegolfer said:

Shakespeare not good enough, why go all defencive when all points gained by attacking, are we seeing Raneri tacticks, go 442 and attack the opposition

IMG_1404.JPG.b5e46750d7b1949a2fc6a8aab9ef18fa.JPG

I would now prefer that in these last away games we went all out to win as opposed to trying to defend a point and lose in the last 5 Minutes.  These next games will be a test of Shakey's metal as this could all go tits up very quickly.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I would now prefer that in these last away games we went all out to win as opposed to trying to defend a point and lose in the last 5 Minutes.  These next games will be a test of Shakey's metal as this could all go tits up very quickly.

Or

It could be fine.

I just hope he's not shrinking into a defensive shell like Nigel did after Manu U put 3 past us (albeit we won that one 5-3 anyway). After conceeding 6 against Everton and CP it's possible that it's shaken his belief in attacking football which would be a shame.

Once Arsenal scored and we went on the offensive again we put the shits up them.

I can't believe people are questioning his ability.

I think we played a good game plan against Arsenal. We only lost 1-0 after a deflection. We saw out the game without being embarrassed. We just beat WBA away and saw the game out without giving them too many opportunities to score. Sure, they didn't have much to play for, so why play direct, open football, where we are more likely to get punished. I think CS is setting us up very well. We might be able to play with more freedom in the coming games now we have 40 points.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well if he doesn't get the gig, he'll certainly get other offers now.

This is my concern. If we don't give him the job he'll say seeya later and he'll leave a big hole (not a joke about his weight).

I would like to see him get some help though, must be tough having a goalkeeper coach as your right hand man. Stowell is probably whispering "put Zieler on for Vardy, 23131". 

11 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Hey, fair play, we won today. It was pretty unconvincing stuff and luckily WB are in 'cows arse/banjo' land at the moment but credit where its due, playing uninspired football for 180 minutes has led to three points and safety.

Faint praise but praise indeed.

I'm still of the opinion we should give Shakey the job because I think we need some stability, and the players are clearly in favour of keeping him so it only makes it harder next season if we go for someone new.

I'm a little concerned about how defensive we've been in a few games but I am willing to give Shakey a chance, he has well and truly earnt it.

Another uninspiring performance which I fear is the shape of things to come. Game by game he becomes more like Pearson and fills me with dread.

His substituions are consistently late and mostly poor. He persists with out of form players and refuses to play to our strengths. It is only a matter of time before the results start to fall apart like they did when Pearson was doing the same things.

The club need to look past the short term results, which, sadly, are more to do with the players pulling their fingers out after Ranieri left and little to do with tactics which, if we're honest, we know aren't right, and are awful to watch as well.

Ambitious manager needed for an ambitious club.

7 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Faint praise but praise indeed.

Not praise at all, just seenitall's way of still getting a dig in even though we've won.

I'm surprised he even bothered getting out of ****ing bed considering we won - his 'Leicester have just lost' alarm must have gone off by accident.

Less convinced as I was when he was first appointed, I was excited to see the return of our high tempo game, but the last two games haven't been near the standard of the Liverpool game.

Don't know if that's down to players not being motivated at the end of the season or because of the type of teams we played.

However, I do have faith in Shakey to get the best out of this group of players, I also expect him to mould them into his own style. He seems very adaptable in games and for me made another good call today in subbing King on to strengthen the midfield.

TLDR: Still got my vote

27 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Hey, fair play, we won today. It was pretty unconvincing stuff and luckily WB are in 'cows arse/banjo' land at the moment but credit where its due, playing uninspired football for 180 minutes has led to three points and safety.

I think you would make a great Chelsea fan ! ...    Bye bye now.    :thumbup:

Think he's getting a bit too much stick regarding tactics. We've been pretty damn good under his tenure in our home games and he's changed the style for two tough away games. Two away games that nearly yielded 4 points and two clean sheets - in my book that's decent management. Yes, we'd all like to see exciting, attacking football but he's taken a different approach probably because the players are quite tired and it's been a decent week. If he were to employ similar tactics for a home game then I might be concerned but I think he's done okay this week. 

Archived