Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Because you are looking at it with a hatred of Farage rather than through an independent viewpoint. It's not just the smear at him they should apologise for either, it's making up news that was proved incorrect in court.

Have you written him a letter asking for an apology? 

Give up, I suspect the lights are on but no one's home

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

Because you are looking at it with a hatred of Farage rather than through an independent viewpoint. It's not just the smear at him they should apologise for either, it's making up news that was proved incorrect in court.

Have you written him a letter asking for an apology? 

I think hatred is a little extreme, severe dislike yes, but not to the point where I'd wish harm against him. But let me turn it around: Did he consider that poster from an independent viewpoint? Did he use a real photo that showed a line of people like that queuing to enter the UK? Did he attempt to portray a balanced view of immigration into the UK? He did not, And therefore, as he demands an apology against news that was proved incorrect in court, so he should practice what he preaches and offer apologies for the countless lies he has told. Do you not see the hypocrisy of the man?

I have not written to him asking for an apology, no. I met him in person after the referendum and asked him if he would be apologising for the insensitivity with regards to the language he used about no bullets being fired. He would not acknowledge the question and attempted to turn it into a rant about the EU. This confirmed every opinion I held, and continue to hold, of him to me. 

Just now, foxinexile said:

I think hatred is a little extreme, severe dislike yes, but not to the point where I'd wish harm against him. But let me turn it around: Did he consider that poster from an independent viewpoint? Did he use a real photo that showed a line of people like that queuing to enter the UK? Did he attempt to portray a balanced view of immigration into the UK? He did not, And therefore, as he demands an apology against news that was proved incorrect in court, so he should practice what he preaches and offer apologies for the countless lies he has told. Do you not see the hypocrisy of the man?

I have not written to him asking for an apology, no. I met him in person after the referendum and asked him if he would be apologising for the insensitivity with regards to the language he used about no bullets being fired. He would not acknowledge the question and attempted to turn it into a rant about the EU. This confirmed every opinion I held, and continue to hold, of him to me. 

I doubt he designed the poster himself, they most likely have a media team. Perhaps you can ask them for an apology.

Just now, Strokes said:

I doubt he designed the poster himself, they most likely have a media team. Perhaps you can ask them for an apology.

I think being photographed standing next to it and pointing up at it probably confirms that he agreed with the lie that was being told by it, regardless of who created it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxinexile said:

Why on earth would Farage be independent? He's a politician, he isn't going to be, it's as stupid asking for an apology off him as me wanting an apology off Corbyn for his lies on various things.

The BBC is supposed to be an independent news organisation, they aren't there to make up stuff for political purposes.

That's the difference, I cannot believe some people don't get this.

1 minute ago, foxinexile said:

I think being photographed standing next to it and pointing up at it probably confirms that he agreed with the lie that was being told by it, regardless of who created it.

Why would he know where the image came from. He was probably busy deflecting abuse from geldof to notice.

Just now, MattP said:

Why on earth would Farage be independent? He's a politician, he isn't going to be, it's as stupid asking for an apology off him as me wanting an apology off Corbyn for his lies on various things.

The BBC is supposed to be an independent news organisation, they aren't there to make up stuff for political purposes.

That's the difference, I cannot believe some people don't get this.

All politicians lie, yet should we allow that to be justified because they're politicians? Of course not. And as a politician he puts himself in the line where, like all politicians, he can be held accountable for what he says, particularly if what he says is misleading. Let him rally against the BBC until they issue an apology to him, but in the meantime he should and will be continued to be held to account for the lies he has told. Even by political standards, the man's moral compass is haywire and I have no qualm in saying that my sympathy for him with regards to the BBC is at absolute zero. 

52 minutes ago, foxinexile said:

The language he used after the referendum, and in light of Jo Cox's murder, was blatantly crass and insensitive. The poster he is stood next to, and which he promoted as the truth, is blatant dishonesty. As he gets on his high horse over the "smear" against him, is it not acceptable for others to highlight the hypocrisy of him? 

So you're offended by a dishonest poster but you're not bothered that he's accused of having blood on his hands on the basis of no evidence at all?

7 minutes ago, foxinexile said:

All politicians lie, yet should we allow that to be justified because they're politicians? Of course not. And as a politician he puts himself in the line where, like all politicians, he can be held accountable for what he says, particularly if what he says is misleading. Let him rally against the BBC until they issue an apology to him, but in the meantime he should and will be continued to be held to account for the lies he has told. Even by political standards, the man's moral compass is haywire and I have no qualm in saying that my sympathy for him with regards to the BBC is at absolute zero. 

What you mean is (like the rest of us), you are happy for the truth to be skewed so long as it backs up your viewpoint. That makes you no better than farridge.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Why would he know where the image came from. He was probably busy deflecting abuse from geldof to notice.

If he had any integrity would he not want to know where the image came from? If an image was going to be used with the intention of it depicting immigration into the UK, would it not be advisable to use an image of real migrants waiting to enter? Only we haven't seen queues like that at any entry point into the UK have we. Hence we get an image that is a lie with regards to the message the poster was insinuating. 

If he had any integrity would he not want to know where the image came from? If an image was going to be used with the intention of it depicting immigration into the UK, would it not be advisable to use an image of real migrants waiting to enter? Only we haven't seen queues like that at any entry point into the UK have we. Hence we get an image that is a lie with regards to the message the poster was insinuating. 

Who said he had integrity? If he isn't responsible for it's creation then he doesn't need to apologise. It's leave.eu that created and I think they've possibly disbanded now.

Ironically the guardian and the BBC did so much more to spread that poster around, than Leave.eu could have ever dreamed of.

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What you mean is (like the rest of us), you are happy for the truth to be skewed so long as it backs up your viewpoint. That makes you no better than farridge.

If there has been a lie made against him, the BBC should apologise. In turn he should also apologise for the lies he has made. Being a politician does not excuse him from doing this, yet his obliviousness to it is the issue I have.

If there has been a lie made against him, the BBC should apologise. In turn he should also apologise for the lies he has made. Being a politician does not excuse him from doing this, yet his obliviousness to it is the issue I have.

What lies has he personally made?

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Who said he had integrity? If he isn't responsible for it's creation then he doesn't need to apologise. It's leave.eu that created and I think they've possibly disbanded now.

Ironically the guardian and the BBC did so much more to spread that poster around, than Leave.eu could have ever dreamed of.

leave.eu are still operating but their campaign now is focused on holding the government to account over Brexit negotiations. As a comparison though, take Dominic Cummings. As a Remain voter my opinion of him at the time of the referendum couldn't have been lower. But when he came out after and acknowledged that a lot of what he created for Vote Leave were inaccuracies and lies, I respected him a lot more for having the decency to actually acknowledge it, and this is something that Farridge will never ever do. Off track from this current debate, but if you haven't read it before, Cummings' blog in the Spectator is a really interesting read.

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What lies has he personally made?

He said Barack Obama had enacted extreme vetting on immigration during his presidency ... a lie.

He claimed that 70 percent of laws in the UK are made by the EU ... a lie.

He said it costs £55 million a day to be a member of the EU ... a lie.

He said our Supreme Court can be overruled by the ECJ on matters of national law ... a lie.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Winnie Flabbott. 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

lol

Jezbian Corbyn 

Emily dangleberry 

Queer Starmer

Nick 'in the' Brown

Doris Pondscum.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, foxinexile said:

He said Barack Obama had enacted extreme vetting on immigration during his presidency ... a lie.

Pretty sure that was proved true

He claimed that 70 percent of laws in the UK are made by the EU ... a lie.

What's the figure then, I can't keep up with it.

He said it costs £55 million a day to be a member of the EU ... a lie.

You can come to that figure if you exclude the rebate which is only ratified every seven years. I'm not sure getting figures incorrect is actually lying, otherwise Dianne Abbot would have a nose bigger than her gut.

He said our Supreme Court can be overruled by the ECJ on matters of national law ... a lie.

Can you provide the full quote on this?

Farage and his ilk have been getting away with this one for too long. He claims that 70% of the laws in the UK are made by the EU. The real number is difficult to quantify, but the independent House of Commons library put it at just 13.2%.

Thanks @Buce

Debatable whether he needs to apologise for this one. However it raises a point that in one hand we are told it's almost impossible to to leave the EU because they control so much but when it's used as a negative against, they only only set such a tiny amount. But yeah it's only the leave politicians who are lying scumbags.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

You are well and truly off your rocker if you think the BBC is independent in its broadcasting, irrespective of whether it should be or not. 

Listening to you rattle on about Farage like he's some kind of squeaky clean guy is laughable. 

The guy is an out and out cvnt and the BBC is a corporation fulls of cvnts with agendas as well. Both as bad as each other so stop pretending that you're outraged by the BBC's actions on this.

You probably feel the same about me but **** me you're insufferable. I've posted on a lot of forums over the years with a lot of annoying posters but you really take the biscuit. 

• Like 1