Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Just now, KingGTF said:

Thought May done alright

Same, set out basic principles, stops the nonsense we are trying for a Norway or Canada model and proposes serious partnerships on security.

Just now, Webbo said:

If we're talking about Kin Jong Un , he isn't democratically elected and he's threatening world peace. A bit different from not legalising Gay Marriage.

Thats alright then, your mate Donald will sort him out :)

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:34, MattP said:

It means we never have a realistic chance of removing the regime, which the World quite frankly has an obligation to do.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Do quote me on that....

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

Any chance of the evidence Abbott encourages assaults on gays and wants to kill and torture refugees?

Edited by MattP

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

This coming from someone who openly espouses violence on a national scale to remove a political leader whose politics he disagrees with.

Pure hypocrisy.

So surely you having the complete opposite view on both is hypocritical too?

18 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Get over it... the fvcking fascists are walking the streets, beating, assaulting, killing, running over those they dont agree with and feel are of a lower life form.

Tony abbott supports the torture and death of refugees, he accepts and approves of the assault of gays. 

Im done with those of us on the left sitting back and quietly asking for rights and equality... times are changing

**** me mate I had no idea Mad Max was a documentary. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If we're talking about Kin Jong Un , he isn't democratically elected and he's threatening world peace. A bit different from not legalising Gay Marriage.

Now you're moving the goalposts.

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

Donald is neither my mate not my enemy, I don't live in America, it's none of my business. NK is the country threatening to nuke their neighbours perhaps your anger is better aimed at them?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Donald is neither my mate not my enemy, I don't live in America, it's none of my business. NK is the country threatening to nuke their neighbours perhaps your anger is better aimed at them?

You don't live in NK either, but you seem to think that's your business.

So anyway, not so interested in aussie politics. 

I thought TM went for the middle ground in her speech and it was probably as good an effort as we can expect. 

Conceded what needed to be conceded - actuslly open ended transition but possibly around 2 years, will pay into budget and accept ecj during that period. Basically, keep things as they are as has been obvious for a while. 

After transition currently still treading the path of having our cake and eating it but I'm sure they'll be more concessions to come.

Turns out TM might be a soft brexiteer after all!

Just now, Buce said:

I wasn't aware I'd given my view on anything but Matt's hypocrisy.

Are you seriously comparing this or have you been on the skunk again?

If you want a serious reply as to why a UN resolution to try and remove a dictator murdering his own people is not on the same level as beating people up for a political opinion in a democracy then just confirm you are bring serious and I'll do it.

Just now, Buce said:

You don't live in NK either, but you seem to think that's your business.

World war is everybody's business. NK is making the threats and Trump is getting the blame. I don't really care because I doubt anything will happen but I do find some of the opinions on the subject as ridiculous as they are predictable.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Are you seriously comparing this or have you been on the skunk again?

If you want a serious reply as to why a UN resolution to try and remove a dictator murdering his own people is not on the same level as beating people up for a political opinion in a democracy then just confirm you are bring serious and I'll do it.

Please don't bore us all.

4 minutes ago, toddybad said:

So anyway, not so interested in aussie politics. 

I thought TM went for the middle ground in her speech and it was probably as good an effort as we can expect. 

Conceded what needed to be conceded - actuslly open ended transition but possibly around 2 years, will pay into budget and accept ecj during that period. Basically, keep things as they are as has been obvious for a while. 

After transition currently still treading the path of having our cake and eating it but I'm sure they'll be more concessions to come.

Turns out TM might be a soft brexiteer after all!

You change the definition so much for soft brexit, i'm not even sure which one you are referring to at any one time.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

World war is everybody's business. NK is making the threats and Trump is getting the blame. I don't really care because I doubt anything will happen but I do find some of the opinions on the subject as ridiculous as they are predictable.

So, you consider Trump to be less of a threat to global stability through his policy than the NKs in the long run, then?