Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

53 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Life comes at you fast...

#nastyparty

50 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Its a ridiculous tweet from a ridiculous MP

She's lost the plot

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

That's really nasty Izzy

Nasty! I don't do nasty!

I just find her a bit OTT, confrontational and in love with herself. That's all :P

38 minutes ago, toddybad said:

She's lost the plot

Wonder if she’ll start calling people “window lickers” again like she was the other week.

She seems a right horrible piece of work. Fits right in at work I’m sure.

Edited by Rogstanley

28 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Wonder if she’ll start calling people “window lickers” again like she was the other week.

She seems a right horrible piece of work. Fits right in at work I’m sure.

She seems horrible, unintelligent, uncaring and unfriendly. I cannot understand how she has managed to get elected as a representative of the people. She has literally no redeeming qualities.

17 minutes ago, toddybad said:

That daily mail front page is a disgrace. An absolute disgrace.

Yeah thats not really on. James O'Brien will have a field day with that tomorrow. The Mail can express their discontent (as would I if I could be ****ed to drawn into the depths of petulance and depravity that this place so often evolves into) but that's not the way to go about it. The mainstream print media, aside from The Times, is desperately poor and has gotten more extreme to try to maintain some kind of place as people turn elsewhere for news consumption.

Edited by Kopfkino

My contempt for people like Soubry is already at an all time low, if she didn't want to back government policy why stand on a manifesto for it in June? Just resign. Career politicians. 

As others have said though, not the time to descend into hate and if the Tory fringe starts to turn into Momentum it will be a sad day. 

55 minutes ago, toddybad said:

She seems horrible, unintelligent, uncaring and unfriendly. I cannot understand how she has managed to get elected as a representative of the people. She has literally no redeeming qualities.

Because you can stick a rosette on a pig and it means election in some places. 

Look at Claire Perry, Jared O'Mara and Emma Dent Coad.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

My contempt for people like Soubry is already at an all time low, if she didn't want to back government policy why stand on a manifesto for it in June? Just resign. Career politicians. 

As others have said though, not the time to descend into hate and if the Tory fringe starts to turn into Momentum it will be a sad day. 

I thought it was govt policy to take power from unelected bodies and give it to our sovereign parliament? :whistle:

Those Brexiteer backbenchers launching personal attacks on the rebels really have some gall after spending decades rebelling themselves (remembering back to Major and his "bastards").

They're the equivalent of the Corbynistas 1-2 years back, angrily demanding loyalty now their man was in charge, after he'd spent decades rebelling against Kinnock & Blair.

"Take back control for our sovereign parliament"?! They don't really believe in parliamentary democracy.

As for that Mail front page, after the Jo Cox murder that's irresponsible beyond belief, not far short of criminal. The regulator should take disciplinary action, but doubt it'll happen.

I just hope that there is no violent attack on any of the 11 rebels. These attempts to inflame popular emotions should stop as there are always a few unhinged extremists out there ready to be "inspired".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MattP said:

Why would you complain about mps voting against what is bad law?

Some of the things they've allowed to slide through are still absurd. Labour proposed an amendment to stop ministers using the 'Henry V powers' to amend the Brexit bill itself which failed. How can that fail? It's obviously ridiculous that ministers could change it on a whim.

7 hours ago, MattP said:

I'd have thought your contempt would be at an all time high in the circumstances.

They're clearly bringing out your best side, Matt

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MattP said:

Hold on, I'm coming back to this. What a ridiculous post.

Career politicians are the ones who vote with their party even when they don't believe in what they're voting for. The opposite of what the 'saboteurs' have done.

They've voted with the government on ever vote except this one, and the one about fixing a date in legislation next week. Where in the tory manifesto does it say that parliament won't have a sensible vote? 

With this post you've made yourself look ridiculous.

As for the tory movement, it has a wing called called Activate. They were caught talking about the prospect of gassing chavs. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tories-gassing-chavs-whatsapp-messages-group-chat-activate-members-leaked-a7921086.html%3famp

IMG_20171213_220523.jpg

I'll reply to everyone who has quoted me when I get time, Ashes cricket turns me into a wreck for 5 days on 2-3 hours sleep a night.

4 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

Utterly sickening stuff from the mail, but hardly unexpected. It's not far short of an extremist propaganda rag these days. 

I actually think it’s quite lame by the Mail’s standards.

The trouble for the Mail now is that there simply isn’t a version of Brexit that is going to be acceptable for it. And they really have shot their load in terms of their efforts at propaganda.  “Proud of yourselves?” is the sort of thing you say to children. It doesn’t really hold a candle to the Goebbels-esque prequels of “Crush the sabatuers” or “Enemies of the people”.

Propaganda only works if people don’t notice that they’re being ordered what to think. Once the Mail starts turning on it’s own party I think most people will be repulsed by it.  

Nobody likes being told what to think. Ironically, Corbyn is probably the happiest man in the country after reading the Mail front page. The Mail is actually promoting Labour as the alternative to its own hysterical bile and thought-control!