Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

Any chance we can do them like the Birthday cards and have the national anthem play when they open?

Edited by MattP

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

lol The remainers on here frothing at the mouth about blue passports and none of the leavers give a shit.

But nobody is frothing.......:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Just wait till Brexit doesn't happen. Then you'll see rabid frothing.

I would usually be worried about this but fortunately we've got a government committed to it and an opposition leader even more committed to it.

Just now, toddybad said:

But nobody is frothing.......:facepalm:

Which side is talking about it? Not ours. The ironic thing is if they had announced the new passport were going to be pink you'd be saying "where's your so called sovereignty?". You've been on an 18 month sulk desperately hoping for bad news so you can say "I told you so". Lighten up, it's Christmas.

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I used to have you down as intelligent. As much as you're just being a wum today, I have nevertheless downgraded my view.

I won't lose any sleep over your opinion of me.

I always thought the old passports were black, anyway? I am a bit colour-blind, though.

It all smells like a bit of a sop to pacify the headbangers in compensation for the impending Soft Brexit, doesn't it?

I'm holding out for Real Brexit: re-invasion of Rhodesia, re-establishment of the Raj, daily tiffin at 11am, G&T on the Polo Club verandah and my own personal punkah wallah.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fox Ulike said:

:D

You’re fake laughing because of a non-existent outrage that you didn’t see on Twitter, and which you’re now disingenuously pretending is being replicated on this forum.

Brexit in a nutshell.

I haven't been on twitter yet, I'm seeing it on here.

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

I'm white British, born in Sharjah as both parents were out there working for foreign office at the time. 

Lived in the UK since I was 2 years old but have no strong affiliation to this country whatsoever. 

I don't believe in acting or feeling a certain way because you were born in a specific country - it doesn't make any sense. 

I grew up here because my parents made a choice to live here when I was little. We all just pop out in whatever country your parent happened to get knocked up in - I don't owe this country anything and I don't feel it owes me anything either, I just live here BECAUSE. 

There's numerous places I'd have rather popped out in tbh.

It isn't my land, my country, my borders, my flag. I dgaf about tea and biscuits or the queen or stiff upper lips or some bullshit past that we're all trying to revert back to as some sort of ****ing pipe-dream.

I just want to live alongside all my brothers and sisters, no matter where they're from and move freely and enjoy the world in the short time I've got here. **** wasting my time worrying about trying to keep things 'bloody British m8'. 

Do not give a single flying **** what colour my passport is - I just want that document to get me to as many places and to meet as many people as possible.

:cool:

Quoted for emphasis.

18 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Which side is talking about it? Not ours. The ironic thing is if they had announced the new passport were going to be pink you'd be saying "where's your so called sovereignty?". You've been on an 18 month sulk desperately hoping for bad news so you can say "I told you so". Lighten up, it's Christmas.

I know. If it wasn't for the Brexit induced fall in the pound and subsequent increase in prices I'd be able to treat my loved ones more :cool:

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

If the current mob design the passports they will probably come with letters already falling off. It'll be a bit embarrassing queuing up at the border to get out of the country with your assport in your hand.

Not a bad effort but not up to Moosebreath standards.

• Like 1

Just now, toddybad said:

I know. If it wasn't for the Brexit induced fall in the pound and subsequent increase in prices I'd be able to treat my loved ones more :cool:

I sure just being in your company is treat enough.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I sure just being in your company is treat enough.

I did actually lol at that tbf

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

But there is no outrage. You’re laughing at something that you’re pretending to see!! And the only reason you’re doing it is to annoy people who don’t agree with you!

Also, you’re ignoring the fact that lots of EU countries already have blue passports!!

No-one is outraged (accept a few nutters on Twitter – who DON’T COUNT!) Some people are annoyed that something so pointless is being touted as a ‘victory’ of Brexit!

That’s all.

Reminds me of Alan Partridge:

“Lynn, you’re laughing at weather”!

I swear your text is getting bigger and bigger and a few more "!"s to boot. You sure you ain't frothing? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Children, please. Enough with the year three playground stuff. Peace and good will to all men. *

*does not include racist little Englander passport-obsessed uneducated Brexit voters.

We can't read that small print, we're all pensioners.