Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

the news and the media are there to keep the man down - to keep us living in fear.

there is no independent 'media' outlets - every single one is somehow funded visibly or via backhanders / brown envelopes. 

people high up in media organisations are all in the pockets of politicians and world leaders.

the sooner everyone stops watching TV news and reading newspapers the sooner everyone will be free of the fear and scaremongering they push. 

the internet has given us plenty of ways to source our own news, news from the people, from the ground, real news - this is what we should all be reading. 

**** mainstream media - it's all bullshit. 

I did not learn anything about pigeons or doves from this post.  0/10, would not read again.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Why is the pigeon libraries logo an old fashioned radiator?

I don't know about the pigeon libraries logo but the pet libraries logo obviously has one because that's where cats sleep and cats rightfully have primacy when it comes to representing all that is good about pets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't know about the pigeon libraries logo but the pet libraries logo obviously has one because that's where cats sleep and cats rightfully have primacy when it comes to representing all that is good about pets.

My cat was abandoned as a new born kitten, so she never had any instruction from a mother on how to be a cat. She has the instinct to stalk pigeons, but when it comes to the bit where she realises she's going to catch one, she pulls up short and just meows at them. All the local wildlife have sussed her out - when she's sitting on the garden fence which the squirrels use to get safely from one garden to another, they just jump over her and carry on about their business.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Buce said:

My cat was abandoned as a new born kitten, so she never had any instruction from a mother on how to be a cat. She has the instinct to stalk pigeons, but when it comes to the bit where she realises she's going to catch one, she pulls up short and just meows at them. All the local wildlife have sussed her out - when she's sitting on the garden fence which the squirrels use to get safely from one garden to another, they just jump over her and carry on about their business.

Aw, bless :)

59 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Aw, bless :)

I know you like cats, Carl, but you would adore mine. I'm pretty sure she identifies as human - her interaction with us is like something I've never come across in a cat. She understands a whole range of words, at least on a par with a dog, and she has an amazing sense of fun (she will actively initiate her favourite game of peep-bo). She can also make her needs known with a range of vocal communications. If I'm feeling low, I can hide it from the family but she sees right through my mask and comes and sits on my lap and nuzzles me. I love her as if she was my own child.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I know you like cats, Carl, but you would adore mine. I'm pretty sure she identifies as human - her interaction with us is like something I've never come across in a cat. She understands a whole range of words, at least on a par with a dog, and she has an amazing sense of fun (she will actively initiate her favourite game of peep-bo). She can also make her needs known with a range of vocal communications. If I'm feeling low, I can hide it from the family but she sees right through my mask and comes and sits on my lap and nuzzles me. I love her as if she was my own child.

She sounds like a good kitty, Buce, but where the frick are the cat pics?

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

She sounds like a good kitty, Buce, but where the frick are the cat pics?

5a60f3c62cc26_Boxofcat.JPG.b899a13c2eb9e18a5b48511ada26f9a1.JPG5a60f3d7d6f35_Catinabox.JPG.8250d39de0f5765cad9e930bd5765ef0.JPG

Another of her quirks is that she will climb into any box that is around.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

There so many home owners that simply can’t afford to remortgage to pay for their share of the flats re-cladding. So they go home to sleep every night with Grenfell on their minds. Where is the government Tsar appointed to help these people?

24 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

There so many home owners that simply can’t afford to remortgage to pay for their share of the flats re-cladding. So they go home to sleep every night with Grenfell on their minds. Where is the government Tsar appointed to help these people?

The owners of these buildings are obscenely wealthy people. They should be made to pay. 

48 minutes ago, Buce said:

The owners of these buildings are obscenely wealthy people. They should be made to pay. 

Some are owned privately by people who have a owners tenancy association. Now they can’t get insurance, can’t sell, can’t rent, can’t afford to move and are going to bed every night hoping nobody’s freezer catches light and melts them and all the families living in the block.

3 hours ago, Buce said:

5a60f3c62cc26_Boxofcat.JPG.b899a13c2eb9e18a5b48511ada26f9a1.JPG5a60f3d7d6f35_Catinabox.JPG.8250d39de0f5765cad9e930bd5765ef0.JPG

Another of her quirks is that she will climb into any box that is around.

You're going to scare off the pigeons

Edited by Guest

Taxpayers face £4m bill as landlord refuses to make tower block safe

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/18/council-set-to-take-on-tower-block-that-landlord-refuses-to-make-safe?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

So the public sector yet again taking over from the failing private sector. Becoming a several times a day occurrence atm. Imo we need to agree what the state is responsible for and let them deliver it. Then absolutely let business play in the rest of the economy. I don't think that's anti-business, it's really just common sense. 

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

Taxpayers face £4m bill as landlord refuses to make tower block safe

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/18/council-set-to-take-on-tower-block-that-landlord-refuses-to-make-safe?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

So the public sector yet again taking over from the failing private sector. Becoming a several times a day occurrence atm. Imo we need to agree what the state is responsible for and let them deliver it. Then absolutely let business play in the rest of the economy. I don't think that's anti-business, it's really just common sense. 

I have to agree when it comes to safety like this, we cannot have another grenfell on anyone’s watch.