Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Love these thick Marxists polling ahead of the government and being backed by business interest groups hahaha

Working class labour brexiteers feeling betrayed by Corbyn over brexit? Come on brother, explain yourself.

Just now, Webbo said:

Well all those disastrous things that were supposed to have happened by now haven't and yet some people still cling to the belief they will. Maybe remaining in the EU is a religion? 

you keep trotting out this shite sentence but it doesn't mean anything because NOTHING HAS CHANGED YET.

people have just had to ****ing crack on with life because nobody knows two ****ing years down the line what Brexit is even going to entail. 

just because the world has kept turning doesn't mean it isn't gonna fall to shit when it eventually happens.

are you simply just choosing to ignore the data that leaked from the ****ing government that said NO version of Brexit is going to be positive for the economy initially?

come on Webbo, really. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Working class labour brexiteers feeling betrayed by Corbyn over brexit? Come on brother, explain yourself.

Pretty sure we heard the same last June when it was touted an incompetent was going to win Labour heartlands haha wise up boyo and tell me who else they will vote for

8 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

whatever you might think of Corbyn's political views / policies, etc. he is clearly a million times more intelligent than Boris lol.

Boris is just a fool, a buffoon, an idiot. he clearly doesn't have an intelligent bone in his body. he has bum-licked and bought and blackmailed his way to a high position.

it is clear from the way he speaks, the ideas that he has, his inability to understand a situation that he is not, in any way / shape / form a clever man. 

most smart people don't make their way to the top in politics because smart people would jeopardise the inner political sanctum where these idiots are currently allowed to roam free - stealing money, taking bribes, protecting one another from various criminal investigations. 

if our country was run by an independent panel of intelligent thinkers from sectors such as science, medicine, economics, education, retail, etc. then we'd be far better off. unfortunately it's run by selfish ****-pigs who only care about themselves, money and staying in power at all costs - to the point that they ignore information from advisers in the mentioned sectors above. 

it really is a comedy setup. 

Boris has a degree, has written several books, speaks fluent French, Italian & Latin, was president of the Oxford Union and Mayor of London among other things.

He may well be all the other things you've mentioned but there's no denying he's clever or intelligent.

And I think he supports legalizing medical marijuana so I thought he's get your vote straight away :D

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

you keep trotting out this shite sentence but it doesn't mean anything because NOTHING HAS CHANGED YET.

people have just had to ****ing crack on with life because nobody knows two ****ing years down the line what Brexit is even going to entail. 

just because the world has kept turning doesn't mean it isn't gonna fall to shit when it eventually happens.

are you simply just choosing to ignore the data that leaked from the ****ing government that said NO version of Brexit is going to be positive for the economy initially?

come on Webbo, really. 

Put rubbish data in you get rubbish data out. Those projections were made by the same people who told us we'd be in recession now. They're based on unrealistic assumptions. Just look at what's actually happened. Things are going just fine.

11 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Pretty sure we heard the same last June when it was touted an incompetent was going to win Labour heartlands haha wise up boyo and tell me who else they will vote for

If we can believe The Mirror, the good people of Barnsley will be voting Conservative.

As a fellow brexiteer don't you feel betrayed too?

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Boris has a degree, has written several books, speaks fluent French, Italian & Latin, was president of the Oxford Union and Mayor of London among other things.

He may well be all the other things you've mentioned but there's no denying he's clever or intelligent.

And I think he supports legalizing medical marijuana so I thought he's get your vote straight away :D

He may well have certificates on his wall Iz but it's quite clear he isn't using them in any reasonable capacity. 

I know you're joking but whilst the legalisation of marijuana is on my list of preferences I certainly wouldn't be voting someone like Boris into office just to see it happen. 

I challenge anyone on this forum to find an interview with Boris Johnson where he doesn't make a complete twat of himself and come across as either dense, belligerent or completely uninformed about what he's being questioned on. 

22 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

whatever you might think of Corbyn's political views / policies, etc. he is clearly a million times more intelligent than Boris lol.

Boris is just a fool, a buffoon, an idiot. he clearly doesn't have an intelligent bone in his body. he has bum-licked and bought and blackmailed his way to a high position.

It's your opinion fair enough, but Boris speaks numerous languages and is educated to a very high standard, has worked in numerous high positions he clearly would have had to work for and could command absurd money for his writing.

Corbyn speaks a bit of Spanish and left school with two E grades before walking into a union job then becoming a career politician. 

I get you hate Boris but to suggest Corbyn is brighter than him is laughable to be quite honest. It's not even serious.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just look at what's actually happened. Things are going just fine.

lmao - you're hilarious mate. did you even read my last post? 

i'll spell it out for you, again - things are going just fine because NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

nothing, absolutely nothing is different now to how it was pre-referendum. 

people are literally just carrying on as before. currency has stabilised because until our ****ing useless government actually formulate a plan for Brexit - nothing is different. 

there's no argument against that. nobody is any the wiser so it's carry on, as you were.

things are going just fine because things are exactly as they always have been. 

jeez man, you do a good job of looking like you know what you're talking about at times but you struggle with the simple stuff at times.

20 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

He came out with a good one yesterday. People only have one letter box so there is no need for competition in postal services.

How has privatisation benefited delivery services do you think?

Ad a personal anecdote I can't recall ever not receiving a parcel before yodel and the like came on the scene. Now it seems that problems with deliveries are common place.

Can't think of any way the industry has innovated. All they seem to have done is cut costs to the bare bones and deliver a worse service in order to squeeze out some profit.

Some would argue that's privatisation in a nutshell.

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Put rubbish data in you get rubbish data out. Those projections were made by the same people who told us we'd be in recession now. They're based on unrealistic assumptions. Just look at what's actually happened. Things are going just fine.

LMAO 

Slowest growing economy in the G7

Wages plummeting

Worst wage growth in the deveoped world for ten years 

"Just fine" lol

You have very low standards.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Are you simply just choosing to ignore the data that leaked from the ****ing government that said NO version of Brexit is going to be positive for the economy initially?

I'm not getting into a huge debate on as I'm off out but one question. 

Do you believe they are capable of accurately predicting data for 2030 without variables when they can't even get 2017 right in 2016 when they also know the variables? 

Economic forecasting now has become farcical, it's harder than ever and will only get harder as things like AI interfere with everyday life 

Just now, lifted*fox said:

lmao - you're hilarious mate. did you even read my last post? 

i'll spell it out for you, again - things are going just fine because NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

nothing, absolutely nothing is different now to how it was pre-referendum. 

people are literally just carrying on as before. currency has stabilised because until our ****ing useless government actually formulate a plan for Brexit - nothing is different. 

there's no argument against that. nobody is any the wiser so it's carry on, as you were.

things are going just fine because things are exactly as they always have been. 

jeez man, you do a good job of looking like you know what you're talking about at times but you struggle with the simple stuff at times.

There's a lot different to pre referendum, everyone knows we're going to leave now and that's massive. The pre referendum project fear told us that we'd be in an immediate recession, a houseprice crash an extra 500k on the dole none of that has happened. The banks have admitted that they'll only be moving 3 or 4 thousand jobs instead of the 70 thousand that was promised, none of the major manufacturers are leaving. You cling to this propaganda because you want to be proven right.

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If we can believe The Mirror, the good people of Barnsley.

As a fellow brexiteer don't you feel betrayed too?

No I voted leave for three reasons a. To advance the left electorally b. Bennite arguments about democracy c. Like all leave voters i’m slightly racist. Tory on Tory arguments about free markets are of no interest to me.

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

LMAO 

Slowest growing economy in the G7

Wages plummeting

Worst wage growth in the deveoped world for ten years 

"Just fine" lol

You have very low standards.

I thought you were only allowed an opinion about things that affect you? You're moving to Oman so it's none of your business.

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

He may well have certificates on his wall Iz but it's quite clear he isn't using them in any reasonable capacity. 

I know you're joking but whilst the legalisation of marijuana is on my list of preferences I certainly wouldn't be voting someone like Boris into office just to see it happen. 

I challenge anyone on this forum to find an interview with Boris Johnson where he doesn't make a complete twat of himself and come across as either dense, belligerent or completely uninformed about what he's being questioned on. 

No denying Boris has made a twat of himself on many occasions. I think what you're maybe alluding to is his lack of 'emotional intelligence' (EQ) and I'd agree he struggles with this. But he's clearly got a high IQ, is well read and very intellectual. 

Ideally we'd all want a leader with both high EQ and high IQ. One of the reasons people don't like TM is her lack of empathy and social skills (EQ) but warm to Corbyn (probably high EQ but 'thick as shit' as Webbo would say - lower IQ)

There haven't been that many world leaders in my lifetime who've had both high EQ and high IQ - they're a rare breed. 

Just now, MattP said:

It's your opinion fair enough, but Boris speaks numerous languages and is educated to a very high standard, has worked in numerous high positions he clearly would have had to work for and could command absurd money for his writing.

Corbyn speaks a bit of Spanish and left school with two E grades before walking into a union job then becoming a career politician. 

I get you hate Boris but to suggest Corbyn is brighter than him is laughable to be quite honest. It's not even serious.

I'm not keen on Boris at all, obviously and he may well have all the grades, etc. but grades aren't everything. he severely lacks intelligence with regards to humanistic skills, street-smarts, etc.

there are plenty of examples of people who left school with all the grades and not an ounce of social skills and went on to achieve very little. 

there are also plenty of examples of people who left school with nothing on paper but have gone on to be successful high-profile directors / leaders / whatever. 

so yes - I've said that Boris lacks intelligence - I will concede I am wrong if we're looking at what he's got on paper. 

Corbyn is clearly the more intelligent when it comes to situational awareness, humility with people, speaking intelligently and understanding what he's being asked. 

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

No I voted leave for three reasons a. To advance the left electorally b. Bennite arguments about democracy c. Like all leave voters i’m slightly racist. Tory on Tory arguments about free markets are of no interest to me.

Staying in the customs union is worse than staying as we are. We have to take all the rules without any say in setting them. Corbyn's betrayed you.

Speaking of politicians and knowledge, David Lammy on Mastermind was a belter.

Some of the answers he gives on this are hard to watch, he was something like shadow schools minister at the time as well lol

26 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

19 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I largely agree with Izzy. I don't think Boris is a fool - but I do think he's a charlatan and a narcissist.

He's not a fool, but he assumes that he can treat everyone else as fools. He is intelligent enough to know that half the stuff he says is garbage, but is so arrogant he thinks he can pull the wool over everyone's eyes with appealing lies and colourful imagery. At first, he was probably right about that. People found him entertaining and charismatic, compared to the other grey bullshitters. But I suspect most people (including many Tories) are wise to him now.

The narcissism bit is that his need for attention and desire to get laughs is so great that he cannot resist coming out with off-the-cuff witticisms even when it is completely inappropriate. I don't believe for a minute that he's stupid enough to see the Irish border issue as comparable to the congestion charge zone or to see it as sensible to tell the EU to "whistle for" its divorce settlement. He just cannot resist playing to the crowd - and is so contemptuous of the public that he instinctively believes that he can fool them with his flamboyant phrases. I think he's been found out now and should go off and present a comedy quiz show on TV - he has the intelligence and wit to do that very well, without damaging the country.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Staying in the customs union is worse than staying as we are. We have to take all the rules without any say in setting them. Corbyn's betrayed you.

Hahaha to think this is anything less than a ploy devised by John McDonnell to force an election is idiocy, advancing the left electorally is exactly what i want. The fact that you think I care about such bourgeoisie concepts as ****ing trade deals is hilarious

Edited by Sharpe's Fox