Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - 19th August

5 minutes ago, billyn88 said:

Here's hoping.  They've taken a full away allocation but I'm guessing there's also variation on tickets given out by the club to staff/players/opposition etc?

Yeah I would imagine so. I'm kind of pinning my hopes on the fact that comp tickets given to staff players etc won't be as high given it's not a man united type of game. 

10 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Yeah I would imagine so. I'm kind of pinning my hopes on the fact that comp tickets given to staff players etc won't be as high given it's not a man united type of game. 

The only counter argument is that it is the first home game of the season. However, it is also school holidays so a lot of people may still be away. I think with the exception of 6 or 7 games in the season, ballot applicants will have a strong chance of being successful.

Remember how many games went to City Fox members last season and even to general sale.

This is of course only applicable as long as Leicester don't have another remarkable season, we should be OK though.

That was straight forward, loads of tickets left, got a couple in B3. Nothing like the mad scramble for Arsenal tickets at the start of last season. I've paid £44 to sit in B3 but there are plenty of tickets all the way around the ground, will go for cheaper seats next time, I clicked on B3 and then didn't want to click back incase the system messed up or all the other seats had gone, for some reason I've had to pay adult instead of senior price for my Dad's ticket because it says he's 63 instead of 67, will have to sort that out with the club.

So I was on 29 points - now I've had another point added for Brighton ticket purchase which says "Can be utilized  from 20/08/2017" ... does that mean I'll then be on 30 points ?

2 minutes ago, smr said:

So I was on 29 points - now I've had another point added for Brighton ticket purchase which says "Can be utilized  from 20/08/2017" ... does that mean I'll then be on 30 points ?

Yes. The extra point will be credited after the Brighton match 

obviously everyone being let through the flood gates, as it were, last season at the same time, kind of like boxing day sales when they open the doors and its a mad scramble, this year its letting groups of people into the shop at a time so it's a lot easier, although just having had another look the seats together have dwindled quite a bit, mostly single seats with a few doubles left so you still have to be on it at at the right time.

22 minutes ago, Foxy harry said:

27 points for my sons child ticket but the option to buy is blank?

Having similar problems with my sons too, ring the club and get it purchased then sort the account afterwards. 

My lads membership details have come off my account this morning so double check yours are still linked.

19 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Having similar problems with my sons too, ring the club and get it purchased then sort the account afterwards. 

My lads membership details have come off my account this morning so double check yours are still linked.

Still linked, luckily he is borrowing a friends season ticket. Might just ring up for the Chelsea tickets because the site is a shambles when it comes to this

There were about 15 people queuing at the club shop for tickets at 9 this morning.

I will try the internet next time as sounds like the 'Boxing Day sale' feel and 'you are no. 800 in the web queue 'have gone for the moment.

Re points credited '

does this mean as we get further into the season more people will pass the various thresholds- 30 pts, 25 pts,etc and therefore competition for tickets will increase for each band of members?

2 hours ago, smr said:

1 hour ago, rn9013 said:

Yes. The extra point will be credited after the Brighton match 

Sounds the same as europe away, point was only added after you had collected ticket and been to the game, I guess to stop you using the brighton game to jump a bracket for chelsea and liverpool next up.

Only problem with europe was, you could buy everton away etc get the point added instantly and then jump a bracket for sevilla or madrid as they were on sale at the same time.

Just now, LestaAl said:

Re points credited '

does this mean as we get further into the season more people will pass the various thresholds- 30 pts, 25 pts,etc and therefore competition for tickets will increase for each band of members?

correct if they are lucky in the ballot a few times, or someone on 20 gets to the 1st 5 games, then yes they will jump up for the next set of release dates.

24 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

I'm on 30 points. Wife on 28 and nipper on 16. Can someone tell me the best way in which all sit together? Thanks

As the child is on the lowest points your only hope is the ballot really and even then I don't think 3 together will necessarily be possible but at least you can make sure one of you is sitting with him.

bit crap how the kids miss out, really is. I mean I took my boy to a couple of games last season but because me and my dad are on 25+ points we have to buy seats when they go on sale for us rather than all of us miss a chance to get tickets via the ballot. 

I realise then you could say, well, someone could get a membership and then memberships for half a dozen kids which wouldn't be fair, but at least I think a fairer way of doing it would've been to allow all under 10s on last season's membership (because they based loyalty from last season anyway) to a ticket when their parent purchases one.

4 minutes ago, smr said:

bit crap how the kids miss out, really is. I mean I took my boy to a couple of games last season but because me and my dad are on 25+ points we have to buy seats when they go on sale for us rather than all of us miss a chance to get tickets via the ballot. 

I realise then you could say, well, someone could get a membership and then memberships for half a dozen kids which wouldn't be fair, but at least I think a fairer way of doing it would've been to allow all under 10s on last season's membership (because they based loyalty from last season anyway) to a ticket when their parent purchases one.

With you on this one matey..?

3 minutes ago, smr said:

I get your point of view, and I can understand the frustration. The trouble with that is if everyone takes up 1 child ticket with a full adult membership you would severely limit how many times members without kids would end up with a ticket, and thereby severely limit the fairness and desriabliiltiy of membership to members without little ones.

Unfortunately without a stadium expansion there are only so many seats to go around.   

I think there would be enough empty seats in the family stand to offer a Jr members ballot  even more so with children whose parents are STH or members with over 30ish points. the sad thing is had the club of done their research they could have had something pretty decent.

6 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Anybody else notice the Brighton ballot has disappeared from the website? Jim seems to think it's closed-I thought it closed on 26th (Thursday)? 

For the visit of newly-promoted Brighton on Saturday 19 August, for example, the ballot will open at 9am on Friday 21 July and close at 6pm on Thursday 27 July.  

https://www.lcfc.com/news/439405/fox-membership-information-for-first-five-matches

Archived