Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

Destiny 2

14 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Liking it so far.

One complaint though compared to the original is everyone looks the same to me. Seems like not as much difference between the characters and the colours.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but everyone looks grey.

You start getting items that let you change the colours of your gear once you hit about level 11

Finally got on last night and blasted through a few hours managing to rank up to 9/88, really enjoying it at the min but not realising how to get into the next mission thinking I had to jump into the crucible at rank 2 was interesting, can't believe I actually managed to kill some1... spent 3/4 of the match running and hiding after realising I was a million miles away from being able to even take health of the opposing team and by challenging them I was actually screwing the team over rather than helping lol?

13 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Finally got on last night and blasted through a few hours managing to rank up to 9/88, really enjoying it at the min but not realising how to get into the next mission thinking I had to jump into the crucible at rank 2 was interesting, can't believe I actually managed to kill some1... spent 3/4 of the match running and hiding after realising I was a million miles away from being able to even take health of the opposing team and by challenging them I was actually screwing the team over rather than helping lol?

You've no need to worry about being under levelled in general PvP, power and level play no part, but those green weapons you have would be a severe hindrance lol

• Like 1

I'm 220 power level now, still liking the game but the grind is real now. Once you hit 200 your only option really is to grind public events for gear, I've also watched some youtube videos that explain what happens once you get to 275+ power level, that is going to be a massive pain in the arse for casual players. Unlocking 'powerful engrams' seems like a lot of dedication

I'm liking the fact that engrams seem to drop a lot more often now though, it's making the grind a bit more bearable than the first game. Finally got a couple of exotics as well which look really cool

A little tip for people. The engrams you get for faction reputation actually scale to your level whereas the engrams you pick up on the field stay at the level you picked them up at. It's a good idea to level up the factions until you get the option to unlock the engram, and then just leave it until you hit higher power levels

Just now, MrSpaM said:

Did you get to that from just grinding the public events?

I got myself to a point where I bottlenecked in power level. I saved up all "Powerful" Engrams as these scale to your current level and their power level isn't pre-determined like Legendary Engrams are.

I did a lot of Public Heroic events and got a few good engrams from there. Always do the challenge missions on each planet when you can and get the reputation to get legendary engrams from the planet vendors as these will always give Legendary gear higher than your current power level up until power level 265.

Always do the Flashpoints from Cayde-6 per week to get really powerful gear also.

I'm stuck at about 270 now. Made the mistake of opening my powerful engrams. Friends and I are going to try and do the Rat King quest tomorrow. Other than that, it's just the raid left for me this week. 

PvP seems a little sluggish to me and I miss the random perks on legendary weapons, eventually people will figure out the meta and then there will be NO variation in play at all, all using the same 2 or 3 weapons (it will be Thorn all over again). Though I'm still excited for trials, my friends aren't so PvP oriented so we won't get far. 

I seem to be the only Xbox player, but if anyone wants to add me, W4RDST3R

On 15/09/2017 at 17:08, wardyfox86 said:

I'm stuck at about 270 now. Made the mistake of opening my powerful engrams. Friends and I are going to try and do the Rat King quest tomorrow. Other than that, it's just the raid left for me this week. 

PvP seems a little sluggish to me and I miss the random perks on legendary weapons, eventually people will figure out the meta and then there will be NO variation in play at all, all using the same 2 or 3 weapons (it will be Thorn all over again). Though I'm still excited for trials, my friends aren't so PvP oriented so we won't get far. 

I seem to be the only Xbox player, but if anyone wants to add me, W4RDST3R

Shame that. Once you hit above 265, the rewards from legendary engrams are pretty much redundant as they will never really be above your current power level.

Just make sure to do everything that grants luminous engrams, and clan reward emblems as these are usually always higher.

Ways to get past 265 quickly

1) Raid - LFG if you've got no mates, might be hard less than 270 due to raid snobbery and Calus is difficult if not  280.

2) Nightfall

3) Weekly Challenges, Flash points call to arms, etc.

4) Xur (270 exotics)

5) Join a clan   Definitely do this, not only will you get the weekly challenge to add xp to the clan (easy Powerful engram) you will get a usable engram every time the clan completes an objective together, if two people do nightfall together whole clan gets and Engram, if two people win a crucible match, engram, 3 people do a raid, engram, two people go 7-2 trails, engram, it doesn't even have to be you, so if you join a huge one your quids in.

6) If you've done all the above only thing you can do is grind Public events and turn them heroic for a chance of an exotic you can use for infusing. 

7) once you're 280 get into modding and mod everything to add +5 to most of your gear.

Edited by Manwell Pablo