Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

3 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

I can't believe this. For a long time, I've been thinking how they could bring in safe standing at the KP. Personally, I would want the whole of the KOP to be it, however, we all know with certain fans and the clubs ongoing attitude on these issues it just wouldn't happen.

Then I was thinking could you not split it in half, so the top half is safe standing, and the bottom half seating best of both worlds for the fans? Lo and behold it looks like Southampton is doing just that. As the KP is a carbon copy of St Marys if this is successful there will be little evidence for the club to show that it wouldn't be good for us, and everyone advocating for it has hard proof of it being successful. See this all being good news for Leicester!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Should be big enough to accomodate the entirety of UFS no?

Tongue in cheek before anyone head falls off!

And the same size as the part of your brain UFS lives in :claudio:

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Villa with a section in the away end last night. Hadn't heard anything about it previously, but looking into it, it looks like they were under significant pressure to get some installed. Some notes from a meeting between Villa and their fans last season: 

"The SGSA has advised us that as persistent standing in areas of Villa Park continues to give them cause for concern, the Club should introduce rail seating during the 23/24 season if it wishes to avoid the prospect of stadium capacity being reduced."

This decision is out of the club's hands now, they're going to be told to do it sooner rather than later. If we were in the Prem now, we'd be in the minority of stadiums that don't have any standing provision. I make it 12 with it (counting Everton's new ground) and 8 without. Unless there's significant movement on the expansion this summer I think the club might have its hand forced to install before the expansion. 

Funny looking back at the start of this thread, the amount of people saying "it'll never happen" so anyone trying should just give up :giggle:

Hopefully then with pushing from numerous sides this should happen in the next year or so.

Or they go hell for leather on forcing people to sit.

Important to remember the change in law in the past few years has had a huge helping in changing the "it won't happen" group 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Villa with a section in the away end last night. Hadn't heard anything about it previously, but looking into it, it looks like they were under significant pressure to get some installed. Some notes from a meeting between Villa and their fans last season: 

"The SGSA has advised us that as persistent standing in areas of Villa Park continues to give them cause for concern, the Club should introduce rail seating during the 23/24 season if it wishes to avoid the prospect of stadium capacity being reduced."

This decision is out of the club's hands now, they're going to be told to do it sooner rather than later. If we were in the Prem now, we'd be in the minority of stadiums that don't have any standing provision. I make it 12 with it (counting Everton's new ground) and 8 without. Unless there's significant movement on the expansion this summer I think the club might have its hand forced to install before the expansion. 

Funny looking back at the start of this thread, the amount of people saying "it'll never happen" so anyone trying should just give up :giggle:

Maybe they (we) meant Leicester :D

It wouldnt have happened without the slight change in regulation and the SGSA forcing clubs.

Very few top league clubs have introduced it purely based on their fans wanting it.

It would be pretty funny if our club were forced by the SGSA to do it, our club sure doesn't seem to care what the fans want, but in a twist they might have to give us what we want anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Maybe they (we) meant Leicester :D

It wouldnt have happened without the slight change in regulation and the SGSA forcing clubs.

Very few top league clubs have introduced it purely based on their fans wanting it.

It would be pretty funny if our club were forced by the SGSA to do it, our club sure doesn't seem to care what the fans want, but in a twist they might have to give us what we want anyway.

Ha, quite. The club will be forced into it and the line will be "we're listening to the fans after years of stakeholder engagement" or similar corporate comms rubbish. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Stoke the latest club to incorporate safe standing from next season. 

I'm guessing our club are still dragging their feet on this... 

The excuse for 10 years was "it's illegal". The law changed and the line is now "we can't afford it". 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Stoke the latest club to incorporate safe standing from next season. 

I'm guessing our club are still dragging their feet on this... 

Yeah they are.

Would rather they just come out and told us - look lads give up as it aint happening under our watch.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The excuse for 10 years was "it's illegal". The law changed and the line is now "we can't afford it". 

Doesn't this come under infrastructure? 

So FFP would be irrelevant? 

Given we're told how much money the club has but can't spend due to legislation 

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

The only hope we have is if the SGSA make the club install it.

Problem is they'll just plonk a few hundred in where the standers are.

Would SGSA have the authority or ability to do that? 

54 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

44 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah they are.

Would rather they just come out and told us - look lads give up as it aint happening under our watch.

Logic would dictate it gets incorporated as part of the expansion, but who knows when that will be? 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Would SGSA have the authority or ability to do that? 

Logic would dictate it gets incorporated as part of the expansion, but who knows when that will be? 

Not sure, they seem to be more of a liason between the local authorities that have the safety responsibilities, they do oversee local authorities in safety certification so if there are problems with persistant standing then the SGSA could step in and offer safe standing as a solution.

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Not sure, they seem to be more of a liason between the local authorities that have the safety responsibilities, they do oversee local authorities in safety certification so if there are problems with persistant standing then the SGSA could step in and offer safe standing as a solution.

They won’t speak to UFS directly I know that.