Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

48 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Sorry if this is a silly question but does safe standing have any effect on seating/standing capacity?  If we were to make the whole of the KP safe standing would it still hold 32,000?

Not with the style id wager they would rather go for which is literally a bar in-front of the existing seats. 
As others have said I don’t think we will ever see it. The decision makers at the club are not interested in it.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Sorry if this is a silly question but does safe standing have any effect on seating/standing capacity?  If we were to make the whole of the KP safe standing would it still hold 32,000?

Hypothetically I would expect the capacity to increase but it would require major changes to the rows.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2024 at 10:10, SemperEadem said:

Not with the style id wager they would rather go for which is literally a bar in-front of the existing seats. 
As others have said I don’t think we will ever see it. The decision makers at the club are not interested in it.

Unless the SGSA get involved, they might then, or they might just clampdown on standing instead.

• Like 1

I’d estimate currently we only have around 1K people standing consistently in front of seats - around 4% of our 29K home end.

Probably one of the lowest % among decent-sized clubs in England, from my experience at other grounds.

Even in an expanded 37K home end, around 4% standing would be an area less than 1.5k.

Of course, the number of people wanting to stand would increase if the club allowed it in a proper area.

But you’d need an overall standing rate of around 12% to fill a stand behind one of the goals - would we do that? 

Just now, leicesterseddon said:

I’d estimate currently we only have around 1K people standing consistently in front of seats - around 4% of our 29K home end.

Probably one of the lowest % among decent-sized clubs in England, from my experience at other grounds.

Even in an expanded 37K home end, around 4% standing would be an area less than 1.5k.

Of course, the number of people wanting to stand would increase if the club allowed it in a proper area.

But you’d need an overall standing rate of around 12% to fill a stand behind one of the goals - would we do that? 

There’s 650 in the singing section that stand I believe plus more scattered across the back rows of the rest of the kop.

There must be around 800/900 that stand in L1/K1/J3 plus a healthy number that stand in P block most games now.

I’d say it’s around 2k in total just a bit scattered about. 

17 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Not happening.

It's monkey see, monkey do with standing - people just go with the crowd, what percentage of an away end want to sit but stand, 10, 20%?

Plus our ground has very little segmentation to it, there's lots of current sitters who'd prefer to stand but it's just not possible where they are. For whatever reason they just haven't moved to a standing area, open up an area as a designated standing area and people would move into it, that'd involve some proactivity from the club though.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Interesting to read that Russell Martin and the team support the changes. 

I think if any manager was ever going to have an impact on our atmosphere then Enzo is the guy. 

He regularly states that they need the fans support. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Interesting to read that Russell Martin and the team support the changes. 

I think if any manager was ever going to have an impact on our atmosphere then Enzo is the guy. 

He regularly states that they need the fans support. 

Players and managers always will support these ideas but it has to start with the fans pushing for change and the club listening and willing to act upon those wishes.

19 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

We'll get the smallest safe standing section around if it did ever happen at the KP.

image.png.b6e95060a909b6b67decec4e4f534fc1.png

Should be big enough to accomodate the entirety of UFS no?

Tongue in cheek before anyone head falls off!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Think this is a bit of a vicious cycle thing. Both places I've had a season ticket I would have liked to stand but we are just too far away from the persistent standers to do it without blocking the old boys behind us