Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I now think only the German/Celtic/Shrewsbury model is one that is different enough to get you to think ‘yeah this is different from before, I need to sing when in this’.

I agree, just whacking a rail up isn't going to change anything, but i don't think the clubs care they just don't want areas shut down, so just throw a rail up and give it no more thought.

Just now, nathan. said:

It will never happen.

Even with the expansion to many people would be against it.

I sadly agree.  But to be honest if we're just going down the usual bodge job safe standing, I aint that bothered.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Blimey I wouldn't have put Bournemouth at the top of my list for safe standing.

No doubt it'll be the bodge job we always do in england.

I think Bournemouth only have a capacity of 11,000 don't they?  they'll probably be grateful for the extra bods

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just read the article, they've put it at the back all the way across, when their standers are in the corner block all the way down to the front. Strange.

9 of the current 20 PL teams with it now.

Yet the atmosphere has never been worse.  I was one of safe standings biggest fans, and I still think its important, but I genuinely thought it would improve the atmosphere.

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You can't up capacity by changing to standing (yet). It's 1:1 ratio only.

19 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I dont think it increases the capacity..? 

Thats a shame for them!

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

Thats a shame for them!

I don't know if the Celtic model is different, but every time I see the GB in their section they looked really crammed in.  But given how lax they are in Scotland fans might migrate from other parts into that section.

Cardiff was my first experience of it and I have to say it seemed to work OK.  It was pretty much the same as standing in the singing section but with a bar in front of you for safety so difficult to see how anybody could object.

26 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Cardiff was my first experience of it and I have to say it seemed to work OK.  It was pretty much the same as standing in the singing section but with a bar in front of you for safety so difficult to see how anybody could object.

FAO -

Susan Whelan

Anthony Mundy

Paul Cook

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Reckon? Most new grounds have it to some degree don’t they? 

It's probably based on the club being so reluctant to give any indication that safe standing is in their plans.