Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

10 hours ago, niyaminski said:

How ****ing hard is it to attach a few rails in front of some seats in the kop?

How much would it cost, could set up a gofundme page to embarrass/piss the club off 😂

I hope if we ever did introduced it...lol....we wouldn't do that and instead installed it properly.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Was that official safe standing at Chelsea?  All seats near me had the barrier in front but didn’t look modern 

One of the versions yes. 

The official safe standing is seats what sit in the rails - they can be 'unlocked' for seating and locked against the rails for standing. 

4 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Was that official safe standing at Chelsea?  All seats near me had the barrier in front but didn’t look modern 

Yeah, there are a few options that clubs can put in, the bargain basement option like at Chelsea which is basically scafolding in front of the seats, or the decent stuff that QPR have. 

Screenshot 2024-03-21 162941.png

FaS3Tc2XgAU3wiW.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pita said:

Safe standing cost money to install. king power don’t seem to want to spend at the moment

Does anyone actually know ballpark how much it costs?

It doesn’t look overly technical or expensive to install to me but I’ve not got a clue. 
We should bin off the clappers, T-shirt cannons, free donuts/beer/scarves etc. and use that money towards safe standing instead.

Just now, Izzy said:

Does anyone actually know ballpark how much it costs?

It doesn’t look overly technical or expensive to install to me but I’ve not got a clue. 
We should bin off the clappers, T-shirt cannons, free donuts/beer/scarves etc. and use that money towards safe standing instead.

About 500k apparently but it depends what quality they go for and how big they want it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

About 500k apparently but it depends what quality they go for and how big they want it. 

Interesting. I know we’re skint but in the grand scheme of things, £500k is Fvck all really. 
Get it done. 

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah, there are a few options that clubs can put in, the bargain basement option like at Chelsea which is basically scafolding in front of the seats, or the decent stuff that QPR have. 

Screenshot 2024-03-21 162941.png

FaS3Tc2XgAU3wiW.jpg

I actually prefer the Chelsea ones.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fair enough, but the QPR ones give way more room in the rows.

Chelsea was the first time I’ve used rail seats and I was surprised how much room there was,

but as I’ve never tried any others it’s difficult to compare.

9 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Wow fair play to Charlton that really is top. 

Maybe we need to slip down the leagues for attendances to drop before anything can be forced with our lot. 

Looks fantastic. We sent this alongside the recent examples of Stoke and Southampton clearing out stands to start again with rail seats to the club suits last night.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Seen it in another thread, Notts Forest announce their plans:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2024/april/16/forest-to-introduce-safe-standing-at-the-city-ground/

Strange that the bulk of it is above the away end though.

Also hit their supporters with a 24% increase on season tickets, mind. 

i like to sit nowadays but its great if  these safe standing areas are coming in at long  last at city , took far too long but as iv said many times people at our club arnt football savey or supporter interested just ott health n safety rules n regs dont do this that etc BUT now the pennies dropped that seats can be a prob when fans go wild with joy its guna happen . see you crazy kids later :bounce: