Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They know where it can go. They have been shown it at our place and countless other grounds. 
They are currently hiding behind the cost of the work.

Cost of installing a few barriers lol, when they already spend money on nonsense like clappers.

17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They know where it can go. They have been shown it at our place and countless other grounds. 
They are currently hiding behind the cost of the work.

Where's that then, which part of the ground is where they should install it?

22 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Where's that then, which part of the ground is where they should install it?

They have had the professionals and fans talk through a variety of places.

To my knowledge its G1/SK1 and being duty bound to sling some up in the away end.

32 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They have had the professionals and fans talk through a variety of places.

To my knowledge its G1/SK1 and being duty bound to sling some up in the away end.

Right, now to my point, what happens to the standing section in L1/K1? If we have a safe standing area in the Kop corner, does L1 now become a unsafe standing area and therefore that section becomes seating only? Do those 1500 odd fans move to SK1/G1 thus displacing the current fans in SK1/G1, do the G1 fans get 200 quid knocked of their season tickets to align with SK1, or will it be the other way round? Have the professionals and fans actually considered these basic questions or have they just gone, that'll do cos it can't go in any of the 4 main stands or in the family corner or under the boxes.

Edited by yorkie1999

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Right, now to my point, what happens to the standing section in L1/K1? If we have a safe standing area in the Kop corner, does L1 now become a unsafe standing area and therefore that section becomes seating only? Do those 1500 odd fans move to SK1/G1 thus displacing the current fans in SK1/G1, do the G1 fans get 200 quid knocked of their season tickets to align with SK1, or will it be the other way round? Have the professionals and fans actually considered these basic questions or have they just gone, that'll do cos it can't go in any of the 4 main stands or in the family corner or under the boxes.

L1 and K1 look to be going with the expansion.

You are asking a fan on ft if fans in G1 get £200 off their tickets, I think thats one best directed at the club as and when.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/07/2023 at 12:41, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Exactly. Man United of all clubs relocated corporates to put rail seating in. If clubs want it enough they'll do it and put up with the short lived backlash. 

Angry fans vs angry customers - KPFC will side with the latter every time. 

16 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Looks like brum are at least installing better seats giving more room.

F2ETp9BWUAAtGFj?format=webp&name=small

That looks like the Tilton road end, are they back to full capacity now as I heard it was reduced due to the ground not being up to standard.

How do you go on in these areas, that’s not proper safe standing seating so if I stood up does the person behind me have a right to complain if they’re sitting and can’t see?

Yes it’s new seating but it’s just simply a handrail over the top of normal stadium seats.

If it’s that end then the away section should have some as well shouldn’t it?

3 minutes ago, promised land said:

That looks like the Tilton road end, are they back to full capacity now as I heard it was reduced due to the ground not being up to standard.

How do you go on in these areas, that’s not proper safe standing seating so if I stood up does the person behind me have a right to complain if they’re sitting and can’t see?

Yes it’s new seating but it’s just simply a handrail over the top of normal stadium seats.

If it’s that end then the away section should have some as well shouldn’t it?

We still for some reason dont want to put in proper safe standing, but at least these seats arent as thick and give more room.  I assume as they are selling this area as safe standing that people who wish to sit will go elsewhere.

From the images it still looks like some lower tiers wont be used.  I dont believe they are putting safe standing in the away end.

52 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I assume as they are selling this area as safe standing that people who wish to sit will go elsewhere.

From the images it still looks like some lower tiers wont be used.  I dont believe they are putting safe standing in the away end.

I thought they had to allocate a certain part of the away end if it’s in the home.

Still under reduced allocation at St Andrews then.

On 30/07/2023 at 09:43, promised land said:

I thought they had to allocate a certain part of the away end if it’s in the home.

Still under reduced allocation at St Andrews then.

I believe thats true, but dont have to do it at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Don't quite get the hype over safe standing. Its basically a rail that most people lean on .Nothing like the experience of the past, like watching one of those naff hooligan films and thinking that's what it was like in the 80s.

Not sure there any hype, but this is the only way under current legislation fans can 'legally' stand.  It offers a safer alternative.  You would also hope it would improve atmosphere but it doesnt seem too mainly because they are simply placed in areas were fans already stand...I'd prefer proper safe stading which offers more room, and give a one whole end of every stadium to safe stading and sell it as a place to go if you want to create an atmosphere.  This is what they do in every other country but we have to half arse it.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2023 at 08:33, Claridge said:

Don't quite get the hype over safe standing. Its basically a rail that most people lean on .Nothing like the experience of the past, like watching one of those naff hooligan films and thinking that's what it was like in the 80s.

I think anyone thinking it will dramatically improve the atmosphere will be in for a bit of a disappointment.I’m presuming you still get yr allocated standing space so the authorities know exactly who is where.Which kind of defeats the whole point.

On 16/08/2023 at 08:46, purpleronnie said:

Not sure there any hype, but this is the only way under current legislation fans can 'legally' stand.  It offers a safer alternative.  You would also hope it would improve atmosphere but it doesnt seem too mainly because they are simply placed in areas were fans already stand...I'd prefer proper safe stading which offers more room, and give a one whole end of every stadium to safe stading and sell it as a place to go if you want to create an atmosphere.  This is what they do in every other country but we have to half arse it.

There is more chance of hell freezing over, than our football authorities allowing entire ends to be free roaming standing areas.Unfortunately.