Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

10 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

It wouldnt cost much, its more likely they dont want to risk a more rowdy element to form.

The Cardiff system looked like it was retrofitted so in the grand scheme of things it would cost very little although there is no financial return on investment.

The only problem I could see is that there seemed to be slightly more legroom there than we have and the rake was shallower so it might be technically more difficult.  I’m not an expert though.

I suspect it’s more an abundance of caution over safety than anything else that is driving the club on this one.  If I’m right then we might have to wait a while to see other clubs’ experience.  Having said that it has to be safer than turning a blind eye to standing in SK1 which happens at the moment.

16 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

The Cardiff system looked like it was retrofitted so in the grand scheme of things it would cost very little although there is no financial return on investment.

The only problem I could see is that there seemed to be slightly more legroom there than we have and the rake was shallower so it might be technically more difficult.  I’m not an expert though.

I suspect it’s more an abundance of caution over safety than anything else that is driving the club on this one.  If I’m right then we might have to wait a while to see other clubs’ experience.  Having said that it has to be safer than turning a blind eye to standing in SK1 which happens at the moment.

Exactly, the reason why most clubs have introduced 'safe standing' isn't because its what fans have asked for but because the club risk having areas of the stadium closed because of the SGSA.  If it wasn't for that I'm sure clubs wouldn't have introduced it, the clubs only care about fans when there's a chance of a reduced capacity.

These guys look safe to me although i guess safety is determined  lot by fan behaviour.

image.png.df2980a3c939c26ece9903931d5c55ef.png

Aston Villa FC
Villa Park, England
The Holte End 🏟
In its prime the Holte End alone could hold around 30k fans.
That my friend is a good old fashion terrace..

As for LCFC they are more interested in the corporate, ST, higher seat values sales than a few cheap safe standing areas, hence no tickets for nonentities who maybe ruffians or matchday sales.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Don’t wanna spend the money 

Strange thought process when we already have a very generous owners/board, that have invested heavily into the club and its future whilst also supporting the local community. 

I wouldn't say we have a 'tight' owner? :dunno: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Don’t wanna spend the money 

It’s not about the money. It’s about the people that make the decisions that don’t want this. I’m sure a few more people on here that have had meetings about this will be more clued up on it but I believe there are people at the club that are reluctant to push ahead with this. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I don't get the obsession with introducing standing. Everyone stands in the singing section of the KP, move there

It’s not just a question of standing it’s about safe standing.  Technically every one of us in the singing section is breaking the rules so could be ejected if we persist.  The club has obviously decided to turn a blind eye to this though so I don’t see that happening unless there is an accident in which case there is a risk of the whole section being closed at least temporarily.  What I would personally like to see is safe standing rails installed in front of every seat in designated areas (starting where people already stand) which would be much safer than the current situation.

A good starting point would be a survey of all STHs in the singing section to see if they would support safe standing.  This would not affect anyone else so no need to consult any more widely than that.  I suspect the result would be overwhelming in favour but if I am wrong then we would just have to accept that we are in a minority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

I don't get the obsession with introducing standing. Everyone stands in the singing section of the KP, move there

Standing in a safe standing section with a rail and more legroom is infinitely more comfortable - and safer - than standing in an area designed for sitting. Cardiff last weekend was a good example of this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s not about the money. It’s about the people that make the decisions that don’t want this. I’m sure a few more people on here that have had meetings about this will be more clued up on it but I believe there are people at the club that are reluctant to push ahead with this. 

Money has recently been mentioned when it was never the case before.

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Just doesn’t make sense really. Every other club is doing it 

5 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

Strange thought process when we already have a very generous owners/board, that have invested heavily into the club and its future whilst also supporting the local community. 

I wouldn't say we have a 'tight' owner? :dunno: 

Not sure why else there would be such a reluctance 

7 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Have they even made a statement or said anything about it?

At a meeting with fans a few months ago, I know 500k was mentioned as the cost for it and I think it was hinted that might be an issue. Depends how big they want to make it 

6 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

At a meeting with fans a few months ago, I know 500k was mentioned as the cost for it and I think it was hinted that might be an issue. Depends how big they want to make it 

Dread the think the wages we've spent on absolute duffers in the 18 months or so since it's been legal to install rail seating in our ground.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Money has recently been mentioned when it was never the case before.

That’s an easy get out isn’t it. Like you said it’s never been mentioned before and they don’t expect people to continue to push for it. So they roll another excuse out. 

• Like 2

Make SK1 safe standing. Absolutely no reason not to, nothing changes other than to make it safer and more comfortable for the people standing anyway. Club obsessed with ‘health and safety’ in the past so surely the perfect excuse 

21 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Sorry if this is a silly question but does safe standing have any effect on seating/standing capacity?  If we were to make the whole of the KP safe standing would it still hold 32,000?

It shouldn’t affect the capacity because there will still be seats in the safe standing area. 

• Thanks 1