Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

18 hours ago, FIF said:

Will one of the inner circle be banned for that? nah!!!

people in glass houses and all that.

You've made me very very sad.

Get a grip.

This is a classic example of simulation and then trying to get a player carded.

Push push push and then the reaction is all a terrible shock? Nah, not buying it and nor will the mods mate. Take a day off.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I think making a point about collective grief is valid. I’ve explained in an earlier post why recent events have affected me more than I would have expected. 

I can see that the point could have been made without directly referencing Finnegan’s historic post but I’m not persuaded that it merited the resulting unequivocal response. 

If it makes you feel any better, it's based on more than just the above. 

I've generally got him on ignore and wouldn't have had a clue he'd even tried to be "funny" if it wasn't for the fact people had quoted him. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If it makes you feel any better, it's based on more than just the above. 

I've generally got him on ignore and wouldn't have had a clue he'd even tried to be "funny" if it wasn't for the fact people had quoted him. 

Doesn’t make me feel any better. 

Personally I like both of you as posters.

i think the forum is better and more interesting for the contributions you each make. That’s why I said “on this occasion “

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Get a grip.

Push push push and then the reaction is all a terrible shock? Nah, not buying it and nor will the mods mate. Take a day off.

Would that be the same simulation the disciples frequently use in attacks on FT?

The question here is about consistency. I'm no angel, I've been banned twice for 3 days. I'd argue the 2nd time was undeserved but I don't run the forum. Not sure on either of those occasions I directly called anyone a cvnt though. If I did, I deserved the ban even more. That begs a question though, just who does get banned for direct verbal abuse?

He won't give a shiny shite what I think, but Finnegan is a good poster, bit pompous at times but I can be accused of that. If I see he's posted I generally read it though, unless it's about gaming. I also think FIF is a good poster. The two of them don't play from the same deck of cards though do they? That's the issue here. 

There's been a scattergun approach to banning since the 'new forum guidelines' came in and it's completely unfair. If you can explain to me your take on why FIF is still limited in the amount of posts he makes a day yet Finnegan, who's directly called him a cvnt (not the only narky comment I've seen from him btw), remains free to post as he likes and hasn't been banned ever in nearly two decades on here?

In summary, do you think if FIF made a contribution to FT, he'd be free to abuse?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Get a grip.

VAR ...   thats what we need ....    asap !!     :)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Would that be the same simulation the disciples frequently use in attacks on FT?

The question here is about consistency. I'm no angel, I've been banned twice for 3 days. I'd argue the 2nd time was undeserved but I don't run the forum. Not sure on either of those occasions I directly called anyone a cvnt though. If I did, I deserved the ban even more. That begs a question though, just who does get banned for direct verbal abuse?

He won't give a shiny shite what I think, but Finnegan is a good poster, bit pompous at times but I can be accused of that. If I see he's posted I generally read it though, unless it's about gaming. I also think FIF is a good poster. The two of them don't play from the same deck of cards though do they? That's the issue here. 

There's been a scattergun approach to banning since the 'new forum guidelines' came in and it's completely unfair. If you can explain to me your take on why FIF is still limited in the amount of posts he makes a day yet Finnegan, who's directly called him a cvnt (not the only narky comment I've seen from him btw), remains free to post as he likes and hasn't been banned ever in nearly two decades on here?

In summary, do you think if FIF made a contribution to FT, he'd be free to abuse?

Thanks for the words but we move on, the point was made and it's as clear as day that it's not what you say but who says it.

tbh I like a lot of Finnegan's posts - he is pompous and full of himself but he is also intelligent and interesting - he has a lot of interests and beliefs in common with me which makes his abuse all the funnier. This was a point he made about communal grief which I believe is an interesting discussion and his stance was similar to mine when he wrote a couple of years back and considering his comments this last week I wondered about his change of view. I haven't followed up recent comments by posters as I think it wouldn't be productive, which is a shame.

To be clear about donations I make a small donation quite regularly, as I do appreciate the site and the info from posters.

11 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Get a grip.

Again Swanny you seem to be on my case which you have been regularly recently. As I said the last time you should maybe consider putting me on ignore as I'm clearly rubbing you up the wrong way. Your view is wrong as it can often be. 

11 minutes ago, the fox said:

Don't quote people that you have on ignore! 

I will say it again so the people in the back can hear! 

DON'T QUOTE PEOPLE THAT YOU HAVE ON IGNORE! 

and may the people present notify the ones who are not. 

How can you quote them if you have them on ignore?

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

How can you quote them if you have them on ignore?

Just un-ignore them..... I guess?

Which is kinda funny seeing that a poster will take from his time to respond to another poster that he put on ignore just to call them names and announce to the island of nobodygivesacrap (population of none) for the 5th time that he has him on ignore. 

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

It would be a welcome addition to receive a notification when you get put on the ignore list. It would save everyone some unwanted "disagreements". 

Or better yet, just make the posts of the ones who got you on ignore invisible. 

Yo foxy !! ...   haven’t seen as much of you lately ...   you bin on another clubs forum by any chance ?? ...    :whistle:

C’mon tell your uncle CF ....    

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

It would be a welcome addition to receive a notification when you get put on the ignore list. It would save everyone some unwanted "disagreements". 

Fvck that. I don't have time to deal with hundreds of notifications lol

• Haha 1

Over one million one hundred thousand men, women ...  and children ...   died at Auschwitz  ...   yet some people don’t believe it really happened.    I’d gather them all up, and ...   (this is the unpopular bit) ...  kill them, then burn their bodies ...    and if anyone said  “Jeez that’s terrible !! “ ....    I’d say ...      “What is ??” 

47 minutes ago, the fox said:

Or better yet, just make the posts of the ones who got you on ignore invisible. 

42 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yo foxy !! ...   haven’t seen as much of you lately ...   you bin on another clubs forum by any chance ?? ...    :whistle:

C’mon tell your uncle CF ....    

Yeah, how is life on the Blue Moon, foxy?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Over one million one hundred thousand men, women ...  and children ...   died at Auschwitz  ...   yet some people don’t believe it really happened.    I’d gather them all up, and ...   (this is the unpopular bit) ...  kill them, then burn their bodies ...    and if anyone said  “Jeez that’s terrible !! “ ....    I’d say ...      “What is ??” 

A little-known fact about concentration camp atrocities is that 28,000 Boers died in British concentration camps during the Second Boer War (1900-1902), of which 22,000 were children.

Different scale, I know, but still...

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

A little-known fact about concentration camp atrocities is that 28,000 Boers died in British concentration camps during the Second Boer War (1900-1902), of which 22,000 were children.

Different scale, I know, but still...

But does anyone say it didn’t really happen Bucey ...

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

But does anyone say it didn’t really happen Bucey ...

Not that I know of, though I think it's something most people are blissfully unaware of.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, btw - I think holocaust denial is on a par with the act itself.

• Like 1