Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

59 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I got banned a few times several (not 7) years ago and they were all deserved. If you get banned and you think its unfair you probably lack any self-awareness 

the couple of bans i picked up were in the modern glory days aka the tinder days aka the harry kane days. 

there are only two bans i still dispute to this day, one was when i got banned for a week for saying marc albrighton was better than ozil and the other was when i said harry kane looked like sonia off eastenders an got banned for that too. 

good times. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

the couple of bans i picked up were in the modern glory days aka the tinder days aka the harry kane days. 

there are only two bans i still dispute to this day, one was when i got banned for a week for saying marc albrighton was better than ozil and the other was when i said harry kane looked like sonia off eastenders an got banned for that too. 

good times. 

You should have been lauded really.

2 hours ago, the fox said:

I'm not usually a man who toots his own horn but I've always thought that I'm an accomplished gentlemen. I've won a staring contest against a stone, I've slapped a pimp and spit on a Llama. When I wake up in the morning I piss excellence. But I'm nothing if not humble. 

When are the mods finally going to take action against this kind of post?

No cyber bullying

It is very important that you carefully consider the type of posts you make on the forum and their consequences, whether direct/indirect or deliberate/unintentional. We can't and won't ever tolerate this forum being used for malicious communications, bullying or harassment of any sort. We can't police the internet but we can control what happens here on FT and we now have a zero tolerance approach for any content or posts of this type.

We also take a dim view of personal abuse in general, so please consider the way in which you debate with others. We understand that you're not all going to agree with each other all of the time. If you can't stand reading the thoughts of another poster, put them on ignore. Furthermore, if you have been subjected to behaviour like this please know you can always contact any of the admin team and we'll do our best to help. 

You've made me very very sad.

• Haha 2

If we accept that smoking causes cancer and that it should be taxed and derided until it no longer exists.... we should do the same with red meat,

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/dec/11/meat-tax-inevitable-to-beat-climate-and-health-crises-says-report

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

If we accept that smoking causes cancer and that it should be taxed and derided until it no longer exists.... we should do the same with red meat,

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/dec/11/meat-tax-inevitable-to-beat-climate-and-health-crises-says-report

People like you would tax oxygen if you could, how about you let the market decide and then let people choose what they want to eat. If it makes them unhealthy that's their choice.

Nothing worse than seeing militant vegetarians trying to tax meat under the guise of health or environmental grounds. 

I presume we'll be doing the same with soya given the damage that does?

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

People like you would tax oxygen if you could, how about you let the market decide and then let people choose what they want to eat. If it makes them unhealthy that's their choice.

Nothing worse than seeing militant vegetarians trying to tax meat under the guise of health or environmental grounds. 

I presume we'll be doing the same with soya given the damage that does?

You are missing the point entirely, as usual.

Edited by Buce

5 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

But what about our great British Sunday dinners? :englandsmile4wf:

Just means only richer people can afford them. The poor can eat chicken every Sunday to save the environment. 

Look how caring and progressive I am.

just in case anyone is interested, I'm feeling a little less sad today, just hope I can keep going in that direction with the "inner circle gang" tag teaming me. :(

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

On the flip side, items like sunscreen should be subsidised / have a maximum cost if its helps to prevent skin cancer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

just in case anyone is interested, I'm feeling a little less sad today, just hope I can keep going in that direction with the "inner circle gang" tag teaming me. :(

Who are the inner circle gang? Just Finnegan?

Not so much an unpopular opinion as a fact so possibly the wrong thread but blokes banging on about how much they love meat and how much meat they eat really is the single most pathetic and cringeworthy bit of performative faux-masculinity going. 

Nobody's impressed or even cares lads.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Not so much an unpopular opinion as a fact so possibly the wrong thread but blokes banging on about how much they love meat and how much meat they eat really is the single most pathetic and cringeworthy bit of performative faux-masculinity going. 

Nobody's impressed or even cares lads.

I'm considering the Carnivore diet for a month.

I've got a gang!? 

Nice. Are we all getting tattoos? Maybe patches for our denim jackets. 

It should ideally be like a skull and cross bones but instead of bones, it's crossed keyboards and the skull is in a monitor. Also we collect tear drops but instead of murders, it's literally just people we made cry on the Internet. 

So fierce and cool. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, FIF said:

Some people pay good money for that kind of action... :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've got a gang!? 

Nice. Are we all getting tattoos? Maybe patches for our denim jackets. 

It should ideally be like a skull and cross bones but instead of bones, it's crossed keyboards and the skull is in a monitor. Also we collect tear drops but instead of murders, it's literally just people we made cry on the Internet. 

So fierce and cool. 

Meetings take place on the 2nd day of the week because people keep telling you they'll see you next Tuesday. Oddly they never show up.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Who are the inner circle gang? Just Finnegan?

Here's footage from a recent Inner Circle team-building trip to the Caribbean. Finnegan is the bloke with dreads and a top hat:

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1