Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Away End Atmospheres

Since Union FS formed it has been our primary objective to improve the atmosphere at home games. Whilst we have taken small steps to accomplish this at our home games we now feel similar steps should be taken for our away games.

To achieve this we have established an ‘Away Sections Group’ in which ALL fans, who wish to stand and sing, can congregate within blocks at our away games. This process will be ran separate to Leicester City’s ticketing system for all fans, bearing in mind sufficient priority points must be held for purchases to be made.

This has been successfully trialed internally at Wembley, Derby, Sheffield United and Huddersfield without issue.

The ‘Away Section Group’ is not here to facilitate reference swapping but to merely allow like-minded fans to group together to back the lads for 90 minutes.
If you are interested, please email [email protected] for more information.

Union FS

Guest CityFan 06
2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Please don't use the drum though. I support what you're doing but a drum at an away game is a big no no.

This. Not greatly keen at home to be honest with the 2 existing drums. If we have to have a drum, I'd prefer just one drum at home. 

1 minute ago, baker11 said:

The group themselves trialed it at these games not those clubs.

Yeah but when they get an away ticket they reference they want to be in the section? Is this correct? 

The club have got to play as much part otherwise they can turn around and say we're not having that?

I haven't been to an away game for 18 months or so and went fairly regularly for 6 years before that but have seen many comments about the atmosphere, or lack of it, in our away ends which is a shame. I know the football, and results, haven't been impressive but it used to be the case that fans tried to make the best of a crap game/ performance, often with gallows humour. Has that gone?

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

I haven't been to an away game for 18 months or so and went fairly regularly for 6 years before that but have seen many comments about the atmosphere, or lack of it, in our away ends which is a shame. I know the football, and results, haven't been impressive but it used to be the case that fans tried to make the best of a crap game/ performance, often with gallows humour. Has that gone?

Them were the days Corky Newcastle 7 Leicester 1 in 93 a prime example quality Away support and clapped by their fans :) They had won the title and promotion though!

54 minutes ago, PintsandPyro said:

How come we have to email to get the block? wouldnt it be better to post the block for every game, would get more people there.

Yeah agreed and think UFS would publish that. E-mail just so that the group can buy in bulk so that no sitters sneak in/can ensure no issues with stewards about getting into particular blocks. 

55 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Please don't use the drum though. I support what you're doing but a drum at an away game is a big no no.

Wish they weren't needed home or away myself, but why exactly? As long as they're used properly there's no problem. 

Sounds tinpot as when there's some cvnt mindlessly thwacking away at one so you can't hear the singing, but if it's  just to help gently encourage then there's no harm?

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Wish they weren't needed home or away myself, but why exactly? As long as they're used properly there's no problem. 

Sounds tinpot as when there's some cvnt mindlessly thwacking away at one so you can't hear the singing, but if it's  just to help gently encourage then there's no harm?

Cant help but think the drum and flags(on sticks) were because Huddersfield have a Ultra section too. They haven't been at any other games this Season?

15 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Good idea if the club will ok it, as long as it doesn't go down the palace plastic ultra route, I'd be more than happy for this to happen/ join in with.

Club don't need to OK it - got nothing to do with them because as long as people have the right reference level there's nothing to stop the group buying tickets in the same block ?

14 minutes ago, C-man said:

Well it meant the stewards OK'd it, yes.

But the first game they appear at is Huddersfield.. considering theyve got Ultras is a funny one. Its like Kobenhavn again. 

Seen them bouncing about our place and we think we could do the same at theres with so many at the front.. Im all for what you're doing but theres ways of doing things..

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

But the first game they appear at is Huddersfield.. considering theyve got Ultras is a funny one. Its like Kobenhavn again. 

Seen them bouncing about our place and we think we could do the same at theres with so many at the front.. Im all for what you're doing but theres ways of doing things..

Maybe it was because they have those items in the home areas, they were OK with them going in the away end. 

Trying to explain why you'd want to bring those items to Arsenal would be like talking to a brick wall.

35 minutes ago, C-man said:

Club don't need to OK it - got nothing to do with them because as long as people have the right reference level there's nothing to stop the group buying tickets in the same block ?

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nothing to do with the club, it's operated outside their control using the existing system.

It's a good idea, but can see sections of the away support moaning, might be an idea liaising with the club, I know you don't need to but could save the moaners spoiling it.

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Maybe it was because they have those items in the home areas, they were OK with them going in the away end. 

Trying to explain why you'd want to bring those items to Arsenal would be like talking to a brick wall.

Great argument at the end. Funny you missed out Manchester United yet they let flags in. Drums, maybe. Especially with European teams coming over. 

Archived