Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Away End Atmospheres

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It was just an example

Im a fan of what you're doing but there are some things us as a fan base and you as UFS could work on or potentially post it to your social media accounts or on here if you're going to try something new?

It's funny.  In the late 80s and 90s, the atmosphere at home was probably not as good overall as it is now at the KP (if you weren't on the Kop).  However, the atmosphere away was 10 times better than following City these days.  It remained better even after seating was introduced.  I was at Old Trafford earlier in the season and we didn't really get going, despite the surroundings and the occasion.

On 22/09/2017 at 17:33, Corky said:

I haven't been to an away game for 18 months or so and went fairly regularly for 6 years before that but have seen many comments about the atmosphere, or lack of it, in our away ends which is a shame. I know the football, and results, haven't been impressive but it used to be the case that fans tried to make the best of a crap game/ performance, often with gallows humour. Has that gone?

I just think it's a case of 'been there, done that' nowadays. Same for L block for the home games 

On 27/09/2017 at 07:45, Leamington Fox said:

It's funny.  In the late 80s and 90s, the atmosphere at home was probably not as good overall as it is now at the KP (if you weren't on the Kop).  However, the atmosphere away was 10 times better than following City these days.  It remained better even after seating was introduced.  I was at Old Trafford earlier in the season and we didn't really get going, despite the surroundings and the occasion.

Problem is, those that were going in the 80s are still going now. When you’re in your fifties though, the appeal of acting like a looney just isn’t the same and for some strange reason, lads in their prime want to act like people in their fifties.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Certainly can't get any worse. And for **** sake, stop singing "just like Leicester, your city is blue". 

I just dread it every time we play Man United, Liverpool, Sheffield United, Villa etc now. What a fvcking shambolic chant.

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I just dread it every time we play Man United, Liverpool, Sheffield United, Villa etc now. What a fvcking shambolic chant.

So do I. It's awful.

I don't get how so many join in with it though and then stuff like WYS doesn't get going.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:12, yorkie1999 said:

Problem is, those that were going in the 80s are still going now. When you’re in your fifties though, the appeal of acting like a looney just isn’t the same and for some strange reason, lads in their prime want to act like people in their fifties.

Yup and give it 10 years and there will be virtually no atmosphere, just clapping and light cheering interspersed with commercial breaks and sponser promos.

Archived