Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

On 23/09/2017 at 20:56, Guy said:

It perhaps says it all that we've only accrued four points from eighteen to date and they were versus the two promoted sides. We've been very close though v Arsenal and Liverpool - less to Chelsea and Man U.

As that's the case then for me it's still in the balance re Shakey really, no point in knee jerk reactionary posts on the matter at the moment. Everyone knows we've had a very tough start to our season re the opposition to date, so logic dictates that the end of October will be a more sensible time to judge his position after the Everton home game. However so far his tactic nowse has been exposed versus the better teams, especially as regards his subs in the Arsenal, Man Utd and tonight's game. Also agree that we can't afford to miss penalties, start matches so poorly and defend so poorly. We'll know more in a month.........

Quite agree mate. There's no point in jumping on to the forum venting frustration straight after the game. If we do we are either sacking and slating or idolising the team or club. Too many people not controlling their inner chimp. Better to hit the punchbag then after  24 hours be more rational. There's a stack of useful contributions later on the forum. I am as guilty as anyone by the way looking for the scapegoats and joining the sack Shakers brigade..

in short we are in a spot of bother. The best thing we can do is create  a great atmosphere as we did at times on Saturday. Go back to great escape mode and let the club and players do what they're paid to do 

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

Quite agree mate. There's no point in jumping on to the forum venting frustration straight after the game. If we do we are either sacking and slating or idolising the team or club. Too many people not controlling their inner chimp. Better to hit the punchbag then after  24 hours be more rational. There's a stack of useful contributions later on the forum. I am as guilty as anyone by the way looking for the scapegoats and joining the sack Shakers brigade..

in short we are in a spot of bother. The best thing we can do is create  a great atmosphere as we did at times on Saturday. Go back to great escape mode and let the club and players do what they're paid to do 

Nice post, however, this is Foxes Talk and we like to rip players and staff apart asap, starting in the match thread....I'm as guilty as anyone else for this. I hate having my week fcuked up by games we should have got something out of, I find it hard to put out of my mind. It was a good game to watch, and I'd take watching that to our early season PL games last year.

Results and effort are similar to 2014/15, just hope that we can have that superb end to the season again, followed by the same type of season we had in 2015/16 ;)

An awful Brighton aside, I don't think it matters who we play, we'll always be on the back foot and go 1-0 down. Bournemouth will be the same on Saturday, unless something changes. It'd be extremely harsh to drop Okazaki, but we really need to lose sentiment and finally sack off 4-4-2 if Ndidi & King is our pair. 

17 hours ago, Bert said:

What was dubious about Shinji's goal? Maguire was offside when the free kick was played in and flicked the ball on. Unless the rules have changed, that's offside. 

phases of play and all that. Not sure who understands the offside rule anymore mind :dunno:

23 hours ago, Miella27 said:

IMG_1086.thumb.JPG.3ea2dc4fa06110935f4c71863d1bb3fa.JPGIMG_1085.thumb.JPG.c199cffd4b9b98d5f29a6c4567a48c5d.JPG Where the foul took place.... and where the free kick was taken from. TBH I thought they'd moved it about 10 yards when I saw it live, it was a good 5-6 yards though. I don't think they'd have scored from where it should have been taken from....

....fine margins!

and the FA stopped us putting fancy designs on the pitch because it prevented the officials from seeing exactly where incidents took place

Archived