Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

Not really much to sing about other than the spirit... unfortunately the quality just isn’t there....

From back to front there are weaknesses all over our team, we don’t get beaten often by quality teams, we shaft ourselves with stupid mistakes.

Maguire needs to learn fast when is the right time to try and go for a wonder, he was dreadful today and cost us another goal. Midfield is appalling mainly because we now can’t play as a two, we don’t have the players to get away with it... King is a pathetic excuse for a footballer, he is utterly shit and those whom disagree need to come to realise the facts.. 

The formation doesn’t work, we aren’t a “counter attacking” team anymore, that died when Kante left, something has got to change, losing is a hard habit to shake, defend like we did today and Defoe will have a field day. 

Theres no movement, no creativity and no leadership.... it’s awful how everyone just stands there, are we a museum of statues or a football team? These are basics of the game, pass and move and unfortunately these are our shortcomings. 

I expect to see a formation change for Bournemouth, and some fresh faces coming in it’s simply unacceptable to be where we are, “faced top teams” shit the bed, we won the ****ing league only a couple of seasons ago, we are better than this and need to start ****ing showing it.

4 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

I feel sorry for them, but have to admit Liverpool deserved the win. Our midfield is just not strong enough - for the reasons we all know - and the manager doesn't know how to address this. Plus his substitutions were again ineffective and poor.

its not unreasonable for us to expect Leicester to have been able to nick something from tonight, Arsenal, Utd or Chelsea - but we've huffed, puffed and just looked like a team that's going to going to spend the season battling the drop.

Missed a penalty goal disallowed another penalty missed  by terrible official and  didnt think the 2nd goal was a free kick  so cant agree we deserved to lose

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

CS - His team selection for this game was poor, he needs to get some balls and drop some big players and for me he hasn't got one substitution right this season in the league.

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Shit.

Why doesn't he change the team. It's always defend first with Shakespeare. We're at home, we're playing a side that a questionable defensively, fvckin attack.

The midfield is shite. King does not know how to go forward. Is there an invisible wall in central midfield? 

And then he takes off our most creative player. Okay, Mahrez might have been below average but he's the only bugger who can come up with something.

Yeah but fleeting genius for 1 clever move every 3 games, and then going into anonymous mode for the other 85 minutes just don't cut it.

Get him out of the starting team.

3 hours ago, toddybad said:

In thought ndidi was absolutely superb for 65 minutes. Clearly told to play like DD when he was at his best and was in both attack and defence. 

Really? Wow. Perfectly happy to accept your opinion. I just don't share it. 

If I was manager I would have put Gray on for Albrighton. But after Gray came on Albrighton was doing some lovely stuff (what do I know?). But then Albrighton got subbed during his best spell in the match (what do I know?) and we created nothing more. It's not an easy job. manager of a football club, but I think there may be a better one out there.

We keep getting ourselves into holes and then nearly digging ourselves out, but just falling short, and it's our own doing.

This midfield situation is absolutely killing us. He's been gone now longer than he was here and yet I still don't think we've ever truly adapted our game to losing Kante.

We have also got to seriously sort out our first halves. The last three have been a complete disgrace.

I think we pressured them quite well in some periods of the second half, but the last ten was just a mad scramble really, a hit and hope mess. I fear that Iheanacho is going to be just like Slimani - a forward with some strengths, but ultimately not the Okazaki upgrade we wanted, just another one gunning for Vardy's place and ultimately not getting it.

3 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Really? Wow. Perfectly happy to accept your opinion. I just don't share it. 

I thought Ndidi was outstanding considering he was on a booking early doors, playing alongside King doing his best invisible man impression, and being overrun with their extra man in midfield. Not a lot more he could have done today.

40 points looks a galaxy away at the moment.  We need to get this Silva situation sorted urgently. 

4-4-2 is plainly not working and that is down to Shakey.  But the current plight is not all down to him is it?

Here's my rant:-

Kasper's positioning was at fault for all of the goals, especially the free kick. Too far over to the left where I was sitting.

Simpson should have closed Cuntinho sooner

Chillwell I thought was our man of the match

Morgan and Harry were ok, not brill, hurry up Huth 

Midfield....no quality, Ndidi is a battler, that's all, passing and control shocking, but he's young and will improve.

King....Leicester through and through, but very negative, always the easy pass, usually sideways or backwards, will never be a EPL class player

Mahrez.....well, never looks interested, not the same person as he was two seasons ago, real shame

Albrighton tries his best, final ball lets him down, crosses world class when he's on his game

Okazaki another player who tries his hardest

Vardy runs like around after the final ball, we miss him when he's injured, needs to start placing his penalties better and stop holding his hands up when in an offside position.

Subs

Gray looks miserable, Slowmani moans all the time and ihenacho I'm not sure about, overpriced?

me personally we need to play 3-5-2 with that extra midfielder, I would place Okazaki in the middle of the park, give it a go? We do need some quality, someone who looks up, confident, place a pass. King is not that player anymore I'm afraid. 

The speed and hassling needs to return, we are too slow at times.

Keep hearing Shakey should be sacked, not yet for me, let's see how we do in the next 6 games as we have easier opposition, if we are in the bottom 4-6, maybe the dreaded vote of confidence and look at a replacement. 

End of rant

8 hours ago, smr said:

Lot of frustration today in sk4. My voice is about 2 or 3 octaves deeper than this morning. Reminds me of the frustration in our second season with claudio.

We have no midfield. The team looks lost. We are trying to play a system we dont have players for.

Cant fault the effort or individual talent mostly... but we arent going to be a top 10 team like that.. need to strengthen up in midfield. 

If we had silva playing for us might look a lot better.

Is shakespeare out of his depth? Starting to wonder....

DD - gone, Silva - not arrived yet, Iborra - not fit & no Prem experience, N'didi - 20 yr old still learning his craft & coming to terms with the Prem, - King - seasoned international & prem league title winner, but not world class........just who would you suggest Shakey plays in midfield against the likes of L'pool/Man.U/Chelski?

12 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The likes of Burnley etc. don't think like that. Win at Chelsea, draw at Liverpool. 

You mean the burnley we finish ahead of every season.

12 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

We're making a bit of a habit of not looking up to scratch until we're chasing the game and then ending up getting no points when we could and should have had at least 1.  

tbh we did that under NP too and CR last season (not the title winning season). IT annoys me that we play not to lose from the word go and then attack only when we go down. At home especially we need to go out there and take the game by the scruff of the neck and look to score goals  - it's how we play best. We have it in our head that we are a counter attacking side and really that's not true.

12 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

That type of carelessness and easygoing attitude sort of grinds my gears. Liverpool were all up for it from the start, usually one or two steps faster to get the ball, whilst we were simply content to be second-best and watch from afar how things unfolded. Such passivity and lacklustre approach should not happen in pro football. Why Shakespeare is allowing it, I don't know.

I'm not sure that's entirely true yesterday. Liverpool had more of the ball in the first half but I'd be surprised if they had many more shots than us. If Okazaki had put away one of those two relaticely easy chances early on ...

If I had to be negative I'd say that Kasper had a poor game (he seems to go through a poor period at the beginning of each season). Simpson, one of the better players on the day was far too far forward (he really can't do anything in the attacking third) too often and then didn't make an effort to get back too often. Chilwell and Ndidi made mistakes but I think they played well overall. Maguire got caught out with the ball - probably because no-one gave him options. Vardy has to score his penalties. albrighton has been out of sorts for a few games and really was hopeless in the first half. Mahrez was a disgrace - worst player on the pitch. Slim and Iheanacho added nothing when they came on. Shakey needs to be more attack minded at home and look at his winger/midfield problem.

Still think we DESERVED at least a point and could easily have taken all 3. Liverpool are not that good - but still top 6.

30 minutes ago, FIF said:

You mean the burnley we finish ahead of every season.

tbh we did that under NP too and CR last season (not the title winning season). IT annoys me that we play not to lose from the word go and then attack only when we go down. At home especially we need to go out there and take the game by the scruff of the neck and look to score goals  - it's how we play best. We have it in our head that we are a counter attacking side and really that's not true.

I'm not sure that's entirely true yesterday. Liverpool had more of the ball in the first half but I'd be surprised if they had many more shots than us. If Okazaki had put away one of those two relaticely easy chances early on ...

If I had to be negative I'd say that Kasper had a poor game (he seems to go through a poor period at the beginning of each season). Simpson, one of the better players on the day was far too far forward (he really can't do anything in the attacking third) too often and then didn't make an effort to get back too often. Chilwell and Ndidi made mistakes but I think they played well overall. Maguire got caught out with the ball - probably because no-one gave him options. Vardy has to score his penalties. albrighton has been out of sorts for a few games and really was hopeless in the first half. Mahrez was a disgrace - worst player on the pitch. Slim and Iheanacho added nothing when they came on. Shakey needs to be more attack minded at home and look at his winger/midfield problem.

Still think we DESERVED at least a point and could easily have taken all 3. Liverpool are not that good - but still top 6.

Well, let's see if we do this season. Hopefully of course we will, and we get a good position. But your quote smacks of complacency.  At the moment, the simple fact is that Dyche's team are doing better than us in the current season, position and points. 

Deserving the points and getting them are too different, very important matters. 

Just watched Liverpool's 3rd goal again and I really can't see how Ndidi can be defended there at all. I can totally understand mistakes or bad performances, but having absolutely no guts or desire to affect the game is not right. So, while I know he didn't give the ball away for that goal, it's totally unforgivable to more or less walk back towards goal while your opponents are counter-attacking. The most disappointing aspect is that Henderson ultimately had time to wait, cut back inside and find a composed finish. You have to make Henderson snap at his shot there, even if you can't get the ball, at least affect play in some way. If Ndidi had powered through whatever tiredness he was experiencing, he may well have made Henderson swipe at the ball or try to lay it off to someone else. But he gave up on it immediately and just looked like he didn't care. Several Liverpool players and Leicester players ran straight past him, as did the referee, and he was just walking.

I might be a bit old-fashioned but I still believe that anybody wearing a Leicester shirt should be doing it with pride and have a real desire to put in 100% for the whole game. If you make mistakes while doing that, fair enough; it happens. But to watch the rest of your team work really hard to stop the ball from going in while you stand 20 yards away refusing to even look like you're going to get involved is just awful.

Why are people slating N'didi? He was all over the place! He broke up attacks got his foot in. For Liverpool's 3rd it looked like he ran out of puff to get back after running back and surging forward a few times before that?! I can't remember Kante being an outstanding passer, and N'didi is the same...that is not his strength or job in the team.

King I have to say was very poor. Never looked like he wanted the ball and wasn't taking up positions where he could collect the ball and move forward, or get his he'd up and look for the killer ball pass their defence. He did it once for Vardy when we won the penalty and that's it. He was hiding behind Liverpool players when we didn't have the ball and I can't remember him making a tackle. There was an instant were N'didi had the ball and was looking for a pass in the middle and King was nowhere to be seen! The defence didn't have a pass in the middle of the the pitch, hence they went long or looked at the wings. 

I tell you one thing that grind my gears yesterday was Jordan moaning Henderson! He is so shit and in my opinion should have got booked for moaning at the ref for every decision against Liverpool (which weren't many). He was always in the refs ear and he was shouting at the lineman's on more than one occasion. I thought the FA wanted to stamp that out? Or doesn't that apply to him as he's (somehow) an England international?!! 

Maguire bashing as well gets me. He's a young talented lad and I think he's been playing well. Morgan, Fuchs, Huth, Simpson need to share their experience with him so he can learn. He has the raw ability but he needs to get that youthful inexperience out of his system and learn from the others. I don't think he was terrible, bit does need to be careful when to make the runs forward. 

A battling performance where I think we didn't do too badly overall, but shows our weakness is in the most important part of the team - centre mid. But for a situation out of Shakey's contol the answer cant play. King isn't the short term answer and I dont think 4-4-2 is either. We just haven't got the Kante's or the Drinkys in our team at the mo, so he needs to look at the players he has got available and think of a plan b for now. 

Bournemouth is a very big game. We need to start winning again, and beating teams in and around us to start climbing the table and getting the momentum back.

For the most part regardless of who we play, we're predictable and unattractive to watch.

Shakey needs to revolutionise the starting 11 and move away from 4-4-2.  

Watching Shinji and Vardy running around like headless chicken, Simpson twatting it forward, Albrighton over hitting crosses and Mahrez doing fook all is getting tiresome.

Archived