Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

10 minutes ago, smr said:

Lot of frustration today in sk4. My voice is about 2 or 3 octaves deeper than this morning. Reminds me of the frustration in our second season with claudio.

We have no midfield. The team looks lost. We are trying to play a system we dont have players for.

Cant fault the effort or individual talent mostly... but we arent going to be a top 10 team like that.. need to strengthen up in midfield. 

If we had silva playing for us might look a lot better.

Is shakespeare out of his depth? Starting to wonder....

Our games vs the 4 major teams we've played so far:

This season

• Arsenal: 4-3 loss (A)
  • Manchester United: 2-0 loss (A)
  • Chelsea: 2-1 loss (H)
  • Liverpool: 3-2 loss (H)

Last season

• Arsenal:
    • 1-0 loss (A) - after Shakespeare took over
    • 0-0 draw (H)
  • Manchester United:
    • 4-1 loss (A)
    • 3-0 loss (H)
  • Chelsea:
    • 3-0 loss (A)
    • 3-0 loss (H)
  • Liverpool:
    • 4-0 loss (A)
    • 3-1 win (H) - after Shakespeare took over

We are putting up much more of a fight this season.

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

This season

Last season

• Arsenal:
    • 0-0 draw (H)
  • Manchester United:
    • 4-1 loss (A)
    • 3-0 loss (H)
  • Chelsea:
    • 3-0 loss (A)
    • 3-0 loss (H)
  • Liverpool:
    • 4-0 loss (A)

Pls dont compare last season we was relegation fodder, maybe the one before ?

Does anyone know how many penalties we've had in the last 3 seasons and how many we've scored?

Very surprised Vardy hit it down the middle, surely you know the goalkeepers do their homework, you have to mix it up a bit,  lack of intelligent play.

Never liked penalty takers hitting it straight anyway, even if goalkeepers dive it can still hit their legs.

What ever happened to hard and low?  If a goalkeeper guesses the right way and finger tips it then fair play to the goalkeeper, hitting it down the middle is giving the goalkeeper more of a chance.

14 minutes ago, vanity said:

Starting to wonder about Iheanacho -- he doesn't seem to add anything to the attack, we look worse every time he is on the field. What exactly is he doing when out there? Very quiet with his play every single time I've watched him, doesn't seem ready to make things happen, can manage a neat pass once in awhile, but other than that, I haven't seen any reason to play him. 

Maguire is hurting us, he is costing us points with his careless play. He needs to get smarter. 

Very tired of watching Kasper lump it fwd. I understand, we are missing a MF who can reliably move the ball fwd. But it is a tired style of play, and it is costing us games. Christ, if we'd had Silva or Drinky vs. Arsenal and Liverpool, I think we take 6 points there. That may well be the difference between Europe and nothing. Such a bloody shame. 

This is the critical time for Shakey, the time we discover whether he is the manager for us. We need to immediately start stacking points. We have played well against some of the elite sides, and yes, we should've taken at least 4 points there IMO, as well as three at Huddersfield. But now we need to press the gas and start pounding teams. We need to let our superior talent show, no more meek, passive defensive games against crap teams where we play for a 1-0 victory on a Vardy counter over the top. We need to start playing 3 forwards and start putting pressure on teams.

How we perform the next 6 games will decide Shakey's fate. We honestly should win the next 6. 15 points plus beat Leeds. That is my expectation. Anything worse than ten points in the next 5 games, we need to think about a new manager.

It makes you wonder what we are looking at when it comes to recruitment .

Since we lost Kante we have spooned millions and we look worse.

We seem to have a lot of different types of players at our disposal who simply don't fit in.

Take Slimani for instance, he can't play behind Vardy he needs to be in the box, and i know its early days but where does Iheanacho fit in even

Mahrez looks lost now, the imbalance in the team is very worrying and something needs to change

King not good enough for me also Ndidi looks knackered,Mahrez burdened by wanting exit door.

I agree a decent second half but always on catch up,I thought when we won Prem we could be a top 8 team with a few player changes.

Silva situation stinks and  i dont expect to beat top 4 teams but how were playing at moment we will struggle to pick up many points.

Dont think ibora looks match fit when seen him  in midweek but still think should start and stamp a bit of class on our games. 

Don't want to be too critical but we're too reactive and not proactive. Takes us to be a couple of goals down before we try and play a bit of football. 

Its ok blaming the usual scapegoats like King etc but it's the way we're setting up for games that's the real problem. I really like Shakey but I'm not convinced he has enough strings to his bow to manage a premier league team yet

We have to grind out points until the new year and hopefully emerge on January 1st with about 22 points.

Then sign two creative midfield players and sell a couple of strikers.

What makes me really furious is the ineptitude of the club's managerial infrastructure that allowed the Silva fiasco. We have managed to start the season with a weaker midfield than 12 months ago, with Kingy still getting game time. He is a legend, but should be restricted to cameos off the bench.

i feel for Shaky frankly because ineptitude out of his control has severely limited our options.

Have a word people! 

If they hadn't got Coutinho in their team, we win that.

Soft free kick for 2nd goal, disallowed perfectly good goal, penalty not given, with a little luck we win it too.

And people are hitting the panic button. :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, foxes67 said:

King not good enough for me also Ndidi looks knackered,Mahrez burdened by wanting exit door.

I agree a decent second half but always on catch up,I thought when we won Prem we could be a top 8 team with a few player changes.

Silva situation stinks and  i dont expect to beat top 4 teams but how were playing at moment we will struggle to pick up many points.

Dont think ibora looks match fit when seen him  in midweek but still think should start and stamp a bit of class on our games. 

"Burdened by wanting exit door" 

Well...how about we don't ****ing play him then? 

People say he can 'change a game' - but he hasn't done it in a while. 

Also fed up with these commentators praising his attitude by continuing to actually do his job having spat his toys out of the pram. 

Should clearly be dropped (for his own good as much as ours), but CS doesn't have the balls. 

46 minutes ago, Beechey said:

This season

Last season

• Arsenal:
    • 0-0 draw (H)
  • Manchester United:
    • 4-1 loss (A)
    • 3-0 loss (H)
  • Chelsea:
    • 3-0 loss (A)
    • 3-0 loss (H)
  • Liverpool:
    • 4-0 loss (A)

It is also worth noting that we are scoring goals. Indeed for goals scored we are 7th in the table. Clearly we need for the defence to be tighter, and for that we probably need a better midfield. Looking at how things are going, we will be mid table at season end. 

Pearson style 352 would be better IMO.

Shakey needs to get his sub's right. We finished 424, and if that was ever a good plan then teams would start that way. Shakey seems to try to keep players happy with them, rather than whatever is needed in the game. He has too big of squad due to over recruitment, apart from CM.

57 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

But tonne fair, N'Didi was equally awful. Central midfield is a scary place for us right now. 

In thought ndidi was absolutely superb for 65 minutes. Clearly told to play like DD when he was at his best and was in both attack and defence. 

14 minutes ago, sdb said:

King isn't just a scapegoat. He was miles off today. Weak and totally off the pace. Really felt for Ndidi. 

Indeed.

King has undoubtedly been scapegoated unfairly previously, and i'm loathe to criticise too much because he has been a great servant, but the pace of that game was absolutely too much for him today, and he looked hopelessly one paced as a result.

Countless times today he'd run over to jockey his opponent only for him to lose out/ the ball to be moved quickly taking him out of the game completely.

15 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

still wondering how they ref or linesmen didnt see the Can handball tbh, clear as day for me

The Liverpool fans are still wondering, why the ref and

the linesmen didn't see Okazaki holding Mignolet before we

scored our first one. And they are probably wondering, why 

we were allowed to play that corner, although injury time

was already over.

And ask the Huddersfield fans, what they think about

that disallowed goal their team scored last week. 

Yes, referees make mistakes, but we are not the only club,

that suffers from wrong calls.

We are losing games, because we still don't have a Plan B.

If our counter-attacking strategy doesn't work, we are

clueless.

Same story as last season.  

The next 2 games are very, very important.

For the team, for the club and, especially,

for the manager. 

Right now, we are already in a worse position

than last season after six games (and our schedule

last year was not much easier), although we

don't have CL-matches to play in midweek.

It's so frustrating.

24 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

It is also worth noting that we are scoring goals

We have scored exactly one goal more than last season

in these first six games and conceded exactly one goal

more than last season.

In other words: after six games our GD is the same

as last season (- 3). But instead of 7 points ( last year),

we have only 4 points.

Where is the improvement?

I don't think Shakey has to go.

Our central midfield is disgustingly thin, so he's working with what he's got.

Kasper likes to offer 3/4 of his goal for free kicks.  It was always going to be a goal.

There's not a lot Shakey can do about that.  Thought his subs did ok and made a bit of an impact.  Gray needs to work harder though; too sulky.

Vardy was unlucky to miss the pen.

We've played 4 of the toughest teams so far.

The major concern is that we keep leaking goals.  A change of formation is needed.  3 in the middle when we have sufficient numbers would be good. Hopefully the big man sees that and makes a change soon.

Archived