Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

We start games with a 442 that relies largely on Mahrez to take the risks and link up with Vardy while the rest contain the opposition. Yesterday Gray did more in that one dribble just before the Can handball than Mahrez did in his entire game. I've been patient with Mahrez but yesterday showed that we have to start matches using Gray as our creative outlet. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Our relegation odds have dropped from 16/1 to 14/1.

I don't think we'll go down but for a team with the second worst defensive record in the division, that looks like value.

If we don't pick up a good few points from the next run of games, Shakey will be gone I reckon.

You might like to check how many goals we had conceded a couple of seasons ago after 7 games that would be considered easier than our first seven this campaign col. time to change - de laet and schlupp are history - so should a midfield two be!!

There is no real solution, we are not a top 6 side...

We have the same problem as another 12 teams in the league.

We cant hit the selection part on the head.

We need, using this squad to pick 3 midfielders everygame.

Its not the individual player not playing his part but CS , not seeing that any given 2 is simply not enough. Eg...

Okazaki/Nididi/James

James/Ndidi/Iberro

king/Iberro/James

Iberro/King/Ndidi

Iberro/Okazaki/Ndidi

Amartey/Ndidi/James

Iberro/James/Amartey

even..

Amartey/Maguire/ndidi/James

Any 3 combination from names mentioned would be far better than playing only 2 midfielders,

sacrifice one of the WBack positions and let Mahrez/Albrighton/Gray/Musa compete and fight for that single 1st choice selection...

my team, with some flexability....

Schmeichel

Simpson/Drago/Maguire/Huth/Chillwell....       decide on 3 or 4 man backline

Iberro

James.Ndidi

Okazaki

Albrighton Vardy Nacho/Slimani

Mahrez at present is not a game changer...so he competes firstly with Albrighton for that WB spot.Gray impact from Bench.......and any of the subs in a 3 man midfield will work.!!!

My opinion...this .type  of set up and selection ....gives us a higher % chance of success in all type of games......Now sign me on as the new manager.....!!!!!

7 hours ago, easilee said:

Yeah but fleeting genius for 1 clever move every 3 games, and then going into anonymous mode for the other 85 minutes just don't cut it.

Get him out of the starting team.

Think anonymous is harsh. Mahrez has been one of our better players this season, and that's coming from me who has been a big critic of his.

It's Albrighton that needs dropping, he offers nothing. One good cross all game yesterday and he constantly gives the ball away.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Think anonymous is harsh. Mahrez has been one of our better players this season, and that's coming from me who has been a big critic of his.

It's Albrighton that needs dropping, he offers nothing. One good cross all game yesterday and he constantly gives the ball away.

Mahrez who loses the ball and fails to track back leaving Simpson to mop up after him! 

And you say Albrighton needs dropping? 

Granted he loses the ball sometimes but have you noticed how hard he works to win it back? 

2 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Mahrez who loses the ball and fails to track back leaving Simpson to mop up after him! 

And you say Albrighton needs dropping? 

Granted he loses to ball sometimes but have you noticed how hard he works to win it back? 

So we're going to keep Albrighton in the team because he 'works hard'? So we're never going to progress then. Have you noticed how often we concede down that left side? 

Albrighton has been poor since the Arsenal game, should be nowhere near the team. He doesn't lose it sometimes, he loses it constantly... He does this thing where he doesn't even look just plays the same ball just to get rid of it.

At home we shouldn't be concentrating on defending first. We've got two attacking threats in Mahrez and Gray and they should both start.

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Only us could let Coutinho run the game (well, first half) on Tuesday night and then let him do it again 4 days later. Why was he not man marked? 

I suppose we could have said to Wilf this is your job for the afternoon, but suspect he would have picked up a red.   

2 hours ago, smiggy6773 said:

Here's my rant:-

Kasper's positioning was at fault for all of the goals, especially the free kick. Too far over to the left where I was sitting.

Simpson should have closed Cuntinho sooner

Chillwell I thought was our man of the match

Morgan and Harry were ok, not brill, hurry up Huth 

Midfield....no quality, Ndidi is a battler, that's all, passing and control shocking, but he's young and will improve.

King....Leicester through and through, but very negative, always the easy pass, usually sideways or backwards, will never be a EPL class player

Mahrez.....well, never looks interested, not the same person as he was two seasons ago, real shame

Albrighton tries his best, final ball lets him down, crosses world class when he's on his game

Okazaki another player who tries his hardest

Vardy runs like around after the final ball, we miss him when he's injured, needs to start placing his penalties better and stop holding his hands up when in an offside position.

Subs

Gray looks miserable, Slowmani moans all the time and ihenacho I'm not sure about, overpriced?

me personally we need to play 3-5-2 with that extra midfielder, I would place Okazaki in the middle of the park, give it a go? We do need some quality, someone who looks up, confident, place a pass. King is not that player anymore I'm afraid. 

The speed and hassling needs to return, we are too slow at times.

Keep hearing Shakey should be sacked, not yet for me, let's see how we do in the next 6 games as we have easier opposition, if we are in the bottom 4-6, maybe the dreaded vote of confidence and look at a replacement. 

End of rant

Agree with the Vardy offside stuff today. He was slow to get back onside and on more than one occasion he held his hands up not wanting the ball as he was static in an offside position. Maguire remonstrated with him about it. 

I'm surprised you blame Kasper for all 3. For the 1st your MOTM lost his man Salah, giving him the free header. The free kick (won by a Moreno dive) was in the ideal position for Cuntinho to get it over the wall (after he'd moved the ball back 3 yards from where the ref originally spotted it) and was right in the corner. Not sure he had much chance with the 3rd but I'm sure tbf Kasper overall will be a bit disappointed with his start to the season. 

Hard what to make of our start really it's not like we have been battered and we have been unlucky in a couple of the games..

Still needs to sort the midfield out Albrighton needs a rest, iborra needs to come in as well.

Hard to call for his head this early on although some of his management so far has been bizarre at times.

We just don't do ourselves any favours. We played with a lot of spirit but give ourselves too much to do with some woeful, disjointed defending. Two in the middle is not working because both like to push forward and the opposition know a couple of quick passes and they are out of the game, see the second goal for them.

Six games in and I think we've shown more attacking intent and potency than I expected but defensively we still look weak. Not individually as they've had their moments but collectively. Mahrez just isn't the same player and Gray probably needs a go now. The front two worked very hard again and kept us in it. Don't know whether it was a penalty as I haven't seen it again but these things happen, Vardy has a style and it won't work every time.

The next five games are huge. No excuses about top teams or really in-form sides, four teams are within two points of us and West Brom are nothing special. Fail to pick up a decent haul from those and I think we'll be looking for a new manager.

When i said Mahrez burdened by the exit door my meaning was the player deffo wants out so sees playing for us a burden to him so 

shouldnt start i feel no upset for players who dont want to give 100% in games..start players who want to play like Gray came on and was

a threat.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

There is no real solution, we are not a top 6 side...

We have the same problem as another 12 teams in the league.

We cant hit the selection part on the head.

We need, using this squad to pick 3 midfielders everygame.

Its not the individual player not playing his part but CS , not seeing that any given 2 is simply not enough. Eg...

Okazaki/Nididi/James

James/Ndidi/Iberro

king/Iberro/James

Iberro/King/Ndidi

Iberro/Okazaki/Ndidi

Amartey/Ndidi/James

Iberro/James/Amartey

even..

Amartey/Maguire/ndidi/James

Any 3 combination from names mentioned would be far better than playing only 2 midfielders,

sacrifice one of the WBack positions and let Mahrez/Albrighton/Gray/Musa compete and fight for that single 1st choice selection...

my team, with some flexability....

Schmeichel

Simpson/Drago/Maguire/Huth/Chillwell....       decide on 3 or 4 man backline

Iberro

James.Ndidi

Okazaki

Albrighton Vardy Nacho/Slimani

Mahrez at present is not a game changer...so he competes firstly with Albrighton for that WB spot.Gray impact from Bench.......and any of the subs in a 3 man midfield will work.!!!

My opinion...this .type  of set up and selection ....gives us a higher % chance of success in all type of games......Now sign me on as the new manager.....!!!!!

Who's this Iberro fella?

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Only us could let Coutinho run the game (well, first half) on Tuesday night and then let him do it again 4 days later. Why was he not man marked? 

This is the real concern it looks like Shakespeare will not change the way we play even if it's proved to not work.

Surely he should have had a plan to counteract their midfield. Anyone with sense would at least try and match them up in the middle for damage limitation.

I know we lack midfielders but it can't concern him too much otherwise he'd stick another body in there. Maguire, Fuchs, iborra and maybe even Amarty could've all been considered to be an extra defensive midfielder, at least to start the game off.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

we got broken on for goals two and three - we let them do to us what we like to do to others

king losing it near the half way line for the build up to goal two in missunderstanding with Marc and harry for the third (though he really didn't want that return pass from wilf )

considering we were outnumbered 3 v 2 in midfield by a German international, England captain and Dutch international, it was no surprise we were 2 down and one wonders what the management thought would happen out there.

Archived