Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

13 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I saw a dominant Huddersfield have 60 percent of the ball and a goal disallowed, what are you referring to?

...............and Vardy missing, possibly the easiest chance he will have all season, to give us three points.

Honestly some of the reactionary whining on here is beyond belief. This is fine margins between us being where we are and sitting upper mid table with 6 more points than we currently have.

• Arsenal away - 2-3 up with less than ten minutes to play. 3 points lost
  • Huddersfield - unbelievable miss by Vardy - 2 points lost
  • Liverpool at home - Vardy missed penalty - 1 point lost

Before anybody states the obvious, yes I know we didn't get those points, I know there are issues that need to be addressed, particularly in midfield and I recognise that we haven't played well in a couple of halves. On the flip side, remember who we have played, that the manager hardly has the choices that he wants available for selection right now and that the difference between the start we have had and an absolutely fantastic start is the fine margins I've listed above.

1 minute ago, Jacnah said:

...............and Vardy missing, possibly the easiest chance he will have all season, to give us three points.

Honestly some of the reactionary whining on here is beyond belief. This is fine margins between us being where we are and sitting upper mid table with 6 more points than we currently have.

Before anybody states the obvious, yes I know we didn't get those points, I know there are issues that need to be addressed, particularly in midfield and I recognise that we haven't played well in a couple of halves. On the flip side, remember who we have played, that the manager hardly has the choices that he wants available for selection right now and that the difference between the start we have had and an absolutely fantastic start is the fine margins I've listed above.

Vardy missed penalty...

but nothing about salah missing an open goal from Cans shot that hit the post...

Clutching at straws against against a poor Arsenal team ( makeshift defence and midfield)

and a Liverpool team that hadn't won in 5 

After sleeping on it and reading some of the reports of the games and some papers kissing Klopp and Liverpool’s Arse embarrassingly, We played well yesterday at times I thought we’d snatch a draw yeah ok Vardy missed a penalty maybe he does need to think about other possibilities in taking them instead of going for pure power as per Last game v Everton 15/16 season I’m sure that balls still orbiting the planet!

But we’ve played well in some games and got nothing and played mediocre and snatched a point in another, and as for some calling for Shakey head already is ridiculous yes he probably is a bit technically naive and not sure of his starting 11 What with injuries and tw@tty FIFA 14 second rules but he’ll put 2+2 together pop the round peg in the round hole and bang we'll bounce back and be great again !

Poor Riyad doesn’t want to be here and is a shadow of his previous performances his confidence is low and needs benching giving Gray a chance to shine as more game time for the lad will make him sharper and if Mahrez who is looking for a way out of the club and with his previous displays will be lucky to find a suiter for his services carries on with his under par displays then give Gray the chance !

Kasper also needs to look at his positioning on free kicks as he often seen too far left of his goal and giving free kick takers a bigger area to shoot at and making it more difficult to get across and you can’t give that kind of space away to the likes of great free kick takers like Coutinho, But am I worried about results at the moment NO 6 games in 4 losses a win and a Draw but I’ll start to worry nearer end of November if we’re in the same predicament but I don’t think we will .

we’ll be just fine Shaky will get it together the lads will click hopefully we’ll get back to winning ways and go the right way up the table starting at Bournemouth next Saturday !!

One that got away from us. Tough to take. We were pitiful in the first 30 minutes and its becoming a bit of a trend under Shakey. After that we got into it and had Vardy nailed the penalty I would have been optimistic of another Aston Villa style comeback occuring.

Kasper has dipped in form. Himself and chilwell were at sea for the first goal. Though he wasnt at fult fully, I was disappointed for him in the 3rd goal.He still has his moments but you cant ignore the fact that hes had a sluggish start.

Harry has looked a bit fallible the last few games.

Chilwell looks solid on the ball but his defensive instincts let him down. You'd feel a bit more confident in Fuchs. Was badly missed against after last february's masterclass.

Mahrez needs to be dropped. He might as well still be in Charles De Gaulle airport for all hes offered bar the first 2/3 games. Time to bring Gray into the fold now (never thought i'd saying that a few weeks ago!).  N'didi's getting a bit of a kicking and was badly at fault for the 3rd goal in not passing off to gray but hes shouldering a lot of the load with king beside him. Iborra or Silva will have a knock on effect on his game should they play for us more so than King.

Vardy and Okazaki were good but I'm disappointed that Vardy only had the one goal to show for it given all his chances.

Could have had a penalty for the Gray incident but we got one just before that and fluffed it. The thing i'd take from it is that it was a gray play that led to it. Given that we criticized him for no end product it's encouraging that he's getting into these positions now.

All in all I'm disappointed we dont have 3 more points that were there for us against either arsenal or liverpool.No matter what your opinions on our management we needed to take 1 scalp against the big 4 teams we have played.

I've backed shakey and I hope he can succeed but I'm starting to get a bit concerned for him despite the tough start. In fairness we've been more dangerous and scored a lot more goals but lapses in concentration have let us down. Appleton for some reason seems like a throwback to the 00s dark ages.

We're not far off it and hope we can turn it around but cant help but feel that carpet could be pulled from under shakey before we can show what we're capable of.

1 hour ago, Jacnah said:

and the okazaki open goal

Yesterday really highlighted that there is so much missing form our play and numerous problems we don't seem to know how to fix.

Basically we have only one strategy. Kick and rush. If we are going to persist with 4-4-2 we have to break up play further up the pitch. The year we won the title this is what we did. We also played the ball much quicker and released Mahrez 35 metres from the opponents goal rather than almost in our own half. Same with Vardy.

Central midfield is an issue and one we have clearly failed to address yet again. In fact we haven't addressed it since Kante left. King has been a great servant to the club but it was clear yesterday that he simply isn't up to it at this level. He's not strong enough and he's too slow in his reading of the game and frankly he's not physically quick enough now. He and Ndidi were just overwhelmed at times and it showed with all their goals basically coming form a midfield overload. We don't move the ball in the transistion phase quickly enough which allows teams time to regroup.

Up front without Vardy we would be stuffed. But who should play with him? Okazaki is limited works hard but isn't really the true link player. Slimani doesn't look like he can compliment him at all and though it is early days Iheanacho plays too close to Vardy.

In defence Maguire looks decent but too often is caught to high up the pitch. His problem is that he likes to pass the ball out but he has no one to pass it to becasue the midfield simply don't seem to want it. Meanwhile Morgan and Simpson are decent defenders but basically hoof it anywhere. Chilwell was caught out a lot yesterday and is far off the finished player.

We look disjointed and with no plan B. The next few games are huge now. We simply need to get at least 6-8 points from the next 5 or we will be in real trouble. Liverpool were average yesterday and to be honest Chelsea didn't need to break sweat to beat us with ease. I am concerned our management team is either good enough or inventive enough to come up with the solutuons.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Vardy missed penalty...

but nothing about salah missing an open goal from Cans shot that hit the post...

Clutching at straws against against a poor Arsenal team ( makeshift defence and midfield)

and a Liverpool team that hadn't won in 5 

or at 0-0 Mahrez smashing it over in front of an open goal from 4 yards......

or Shinji's dubiously disallowed goal........

Fine. Margins.

Glad we've got this opening set of fixtures out of the way now. The optimist in me was hoping to have 7 or 9 points at this stage (wins against Brighton and Huddersfield, and a point or win from either Liverpool or Chelsea). I would've bitten off any hand that offered that. 

We now have just 4 points, which is below the six (wins against Brighton and Huddersfield) that I considered as the minimum expectation. 

However, our season hasn't been defined by what has happened so far. We've been in all of the games we've lost  – with perhaps the exception of ManU – and haven't looked out of sorts. Unimaginative at times, perhaps, but not in particular trouble. 

The next five games, however, could define our season. If we do well and get eight points or more, we will get a boost and talk about a relegation battle can be buried at least for a month or so. 

Fail to win at least two, however, and we might have to strap ourselves in for a long season. 

Bournemouth (A)

WBA (H)

Swansea (A)

Everton (H)
Stoke (A)

3 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Glad we've got this opening set of fixtures out of the way now. The optimist in me was hoping to have 7 or 9 points at this stage (wins against Brighton and Huddersfield, and a point or win from either Liverpool or Chelsea). I would've bitten off any hand that offered that. 

We now have just 4 points, which is below the six (wins against Brighton and Huddersfield) that I considered as the minimum expectation. 

However, our season hasn't been defined by what has happened so far. We've been in all of the games we've lost  – with perhaps the exception of ManU – and haven't looked out of sorts. Unimaginative at times, perhaps, but not in particular trouble. 

The next five games, however, could define our season. If we do well and get eight points or more, we will get a boost and talk about a relegation battle can be buried at least for a month or so. 

Fail to win at least two, however, and we might have to strap ourselves in for a long season. 

Bournemouth (A)

WBA (H)

Swansea (A)

Everton (H)
Stoke (A)

Agree... so lets comback after the stoke game and see if we have more than 12 pts.  Lets all agree not to start any threads calling for shakeys head this then

If we defend like we have been against anybody we will lose games.

Other teams haven’t played well against us and have still managed to beat us... we haven’t been playing well at all, not even slightly, and these spirited fight backs are good and all, but it’s down to our piss poor defending that we end up in these situations. We continually get the basics wrong game after game, our midfield gets overrun, no one can put their foot on the ball and pass it, everything is sideways and backwards and our only attacking option is the smash it long and hope Vardy can get on the end of it.

We will actually struggle more against the “lesser teams” as they won’t allow Vardy any space in behind. It’s alright being all happy flappy about it, but some of those players out there are on as much a week as some of the top players... and that’s what they produce? 

A few of the players on our side yesterday are on as much as or close to Coutinho is a week in wages, yet none of them could sniff the sweat around his bollocks. If they demand those kind of wages then they need to be able to produce it.

I expect to see a dramatic change over the next two games, no improvement and no points and frankly we’re up shit creek without a paddle.... or a boat for that matter.

11 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

If we defend like we have been against anybody we will lose games.

Other teams haven’t played well against us and have still managed to beat us... we haven’t been playing well at all, not even slightly, and these spirited fight backs are good and all, but it’s down to our piss poor defending that we end up in these situations. We continually get the basics wrong game after game, our midfield gets overrun, no one can put their foot on the ball and pass it, everything is sideways and backwards and our only attacking option is the smash it long and hope Vardy can get on the end of it.

We will actually struggle more against the “lesser teams” as they won’t allow Vardy any space in behind. It’s alright being all happy flappy about it, but some of those players out there are on as much a week as some of the top players... and that’s what they produce? 

A few of the players on our side yesterday are on as much as or close to Coutinho is a week in wages, yet none of them could sniff the sweat around his bollocks. If they demand those kind of wages then they need to be able to produce it.

I expect to see a dramatic change over the next two games, no improvement and no points and frankly we’re up shit creek without a paddle.... or a boat for that matter.

150k per week I think 

that's 50% more than our highest earner 

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

150k per week I think 

that's 50% more than our highest earner 

You’re splitting hairs.... they’re in the same bracket in regards to being over £50k a week.... there’s not many teams outside the top 6 that pay those kind of wages. 

30 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

You’re splitting hairs.... they’re in the same bracket in regards to being over £50k a week.... there’s not many teams outside the top 6 that pay those kind of wages. 

Palace,  West Ham and Everton pay six figure salaries to their best players 

I agree that our wage bill will now be in the top ten. I would expect we should be finishing in line with that 

7 hours ago, Jacnah said:

or at 0-0 Mahrez smashing it over in front of an open goal from 4 yards......

or Shinji's dubiously disallowed goal........

Fine. Margins.

What was dubious about Shinji's goal? Maguire was offside when the free kick was played in and flicked the ball on. Unless the rules have changed, that's offside. 

IMG_1086.thumb.JPG.3ea2dc4fa06110935f4c71863d1bb3fa.JPGIMG_1085.thumb.JPG.c199cffd4b9b98d5f29a6c4567a48c5d.JPG Where the foul took place.... and where the free kick was taken from. TBH I thought they'd moved it about 10 yards when I saw it live, it was a good 5-6 yards though. I don't think they'd have scored from where it should have been taken from....

....fine margins!

Thought the defence gave them too much space at times, especially when Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sturridge came on.

We sometimes look for trouble when this happens, and were lucky not to have conceded more.

Need a strong RB in January or even another CB.

The left-back position is fine and strong.

1 hour ago, Miella27 said:

IMG_1086.thumb.JPG.3ea2dc4fa06110935f4c71863d1bb3fa.JPGIMG_1085.thumb.JPG.c199cffd4b9b98d5f29a6c4567a48c5d.JPG Where the foul took place.... and where the free kick was taken from. TBH I thought they'd moved it about 10 yards when I saw it live, it was a good 5-6 yards though. I don't think they'd have scored from where it should have been taken from....

....fine margins!

I'd contest whether it was even a foul, let alone a booking. Just looked like a coming together for me.

Archived