Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Republic of Ireland V Denmark World Cup Qualifier

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

What for ? so the Sun newspaper can humiliate the players when they get knocked out by Iceland again 

so “fans” can boo at any player who makes a mistake for next 4 years 

so lads can travel claim to be the best fans in world  yet throw plastic chairs for fun at anyone who dares to walk past 

Let’s face it they are 25/1 for a reason And for a country that has the best league on the planet that’s pathetic 

Awww boohoo, you didn't qualify son. You can criticise England all you want but we've never choked 5-1 at home like you bunch of losers

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Not so sure we have. Our style has always been 'Rough and Ready'. Thats well before MON.  If someone like him cant get the best out of them I'd have little faith in anyone else. 

There has been not much Irish prospects at youth level and hasn't been for some time. This generation has been the one that has fallen off the premier league radar. MON will rightly get flak for last night but if he hadnt stepped in we would have fallen further behind. 

There has been some good work by coaches at underage level. One that I know of noticed how kids were playing on full length pitches and had existed for years The first thing he did when he got involved was cut the pitch length for players that they could get more ballwork instead of looking on up the pitch and the ball never coming their way. 

A parent I know also told me once that it was a reason why his son who was good at Gaelic Football walked away from the game. As a central defender he was just standing around and was frustrated with the lack of action in training and shoddy development structures compared to Gaelic. Something tells me that he wasnt the only one lost to the game over the last 10-15 years because of issues like this.

Looking at how uncomfortable we were on the ball at times last night its easy to link it to matters at underage.

That's fair enough. The Irish punch above their weight in many sports, just like the Welsh, something has to lose out. Agree there's probably a lack of training the technical basics from a young age and too much reliance on physicality, something that has to be altered at grassroots level. Its like going back 10/15 years with England really, putting kids on full size pitches before they are ready etc

6 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Awww boohoo, you didn't qualify son. You can criticise England all you want but we've never choked 5-1 at home like you bunch of losers

lol 

The English never were any good with history 

jog on now ;) 

Biggest home defeat
1–6 vs. Scotland,

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

lol 

jog on now ;) 

Biggest home defeat
1–6 vs. Scotland,

Aaaaaand I'll bring you back to the present day where we have qualified for the World Cup 2018 top of our group and Ireland are out having lost 5-1 at home in a crucial playoff match.

You don't have a leg to stand on following that performance (and the gruesome 0-0 hoofing in Copenhagen as well)

If you hate England so much, why do you support an English team?

4 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

lol 

jog on now ;) 

Biggest home defeat
1–6 vs. Scotland,

You calmed down a bit yet Paddy ? ...    just relax, make a cup of coffee, sit down, get the Brasso out and polish that big buckle on the front of your green hat ...   very soothing.      Those four years will just whizz by and then you can have another crack at it ...   :)  

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Aaaaaand I'll bring you back to the present day where we have qualified for the World Cup 2018 top of our group and Ireland are out having lost 5-1 at home in a crucial playoff match.

You don't have a leg to stand on following that performance (and the gruesome 0-0 hoofing in Copenhagen as well)

If you hate England so much, why do you support an English team?

English team lol 

owned by Thailand , Managed by a French frog , and CEO is an Irish woman 

I don’t hate England you dipstick , I love this country , I choose to be here and pay a fine hefty Tax bill every year for the Luxuary lol 

some of the indigenous folk are a little thick lol (never been beaten 1-5 , no but you have been 1-6 lol ) 

for the record I follow English cricket home and away and I like the football team but the “fans” are terrible on the whole , booing and abusing their own all the time ! Not for me 

and for the record your the troll that came on a thread for a match you have no real interest in , Abusing the Irish , if there he bigoted hate on here It’s you matey not me ;) 

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

You calmed down a bit yet Paddy ? ...    just relax, make a cup of coffee, sit down, get the Brasso out and polish that big buckle on the front of your green hat ...   very soothing.      Those four years will just whizz by and then you can have another crack at it ...   :)  

Can’t wait for 2018 We have the fun of watching England fail this coming summer 

wales / Scotland / Northern Ireland and Republic will all be united this summer .... 

United hoping the horrid English get beaten by Iceland again lollollol 

8 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

English team lol 

I don’t hate England you dipstick , I love this country , I choose to be here and pay a fine hefty Tax bill every year for the Luxuary lol 

some of the indigenous folk are a little thick lol (never been beaten 1-5 , no but you have been 1-6 lol ) 

for the record I follow English cricket home and away and I like the football team but the “fans” are terrible on the whole , booing and abusing their own all the time ! Not for me 

and for the record your the troll that came on a thread for a match you have no real interest in , Abusing the Irish , if there he bigoted hate on here It’s you matey not me ;) 

Yes Leicester is an English team as Leicester is in England. odd that. How you can call anyone else a bigot is beyond me. For the record I have no problem with the Irish, but I'm certainly glad to see your ugly as sin anti football team fail, same as I can't get behind West Brom (though Ireland make Pulis sides look like Barcelona)

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes Leicester is an English team as Leicester is in England. odd that. How you can call anyone else a bigot is beyond me. For the record I have no problem with the Irish, but I'm certainly glad to see your ugly as sin anti football team fail, same as I can't get behind West Brom (though Ireland make Pulis sides look like Barcelona)

Yawn ... 

6 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Calling other teams boring is a bit of a stones and glass house situation at the moment I'm afraid. We are awful to watch. At least their population and the fact they're lacking anything like the talent they've had in previous years is a sort of excuse.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Calling other teams boring is a bit of a stones and glass house situation at the moment I'm afraid. We are awful to watch. At least their population and the fact they're lacking anything like the talent they've had in previous years is a sort of excuse.

Whereas the England team do not have that excuse. Back in the late 90's I actually thought England had a strong team, rightfully considered one of the best teams around. Early 2000s the talent was there to win a tournament, but that never materialised. In fact, apart from the demolition of Germany in that famous friendly and the ruthless execution of Denmark in 2002, they have hardly impressed since.

14 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Interesting you have no comeback to the above posters ... 

says it all really 

You can keep saying its OK you failed because England won't win it all you want - should really focus on your own teams failure.

If we didn't make it through and Ireland did, you wouldn't find people saying 'oh its OK because Ireland will only make the semis at best haw haw haw', we'd be looking our own failure, being gutted and focusing on improving. 

But anyway, keep consoling yourself at our 'failures' because it makes you feel better about how poor your team are lol

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You can keep saying its OK you failed because England won't win it all you want - should really focus on your own teams failure.

If we didn't make it through and Ireland did, you wouldn't find people saying 'oh its OK because Ireland will only make the semis at best haw haw haw', we'd be looking our own failure, being gutted and focusing on improving. 

But anyway, keep consoling yourself at our 'failures' because it makes you feel better about how poor your team are lol

Y'keep biting he's going to keep reeling you in, pal. 

22 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

English team lol 

lol

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's literally just trolling you bud. It's what he does. 

He'll tell you the sky is green as long as you respond. 

Well the sky is green in Ireland so I've heard, and the rivers flow with Guinness, and when it rains it rains jelly beans.

Land of dreams - isn't that so GaelicFox? lol

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

lollollol 

6BD0BB7B-5DDB-4BAD-A693-FF11952DB54B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Well the sky is green in Ireland so I've heard, and the rivers flow with Guinness, and when it rains it rains jelly beans.

Land of dreams - isn't that so GaelicFox? lol

Jelly Bean Rain lol 

dont Be ridicules lol 

Archived