Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Republic of Ireland V Denmark World Cup Qualifier

Well thank god no irish at the world cup, nothing more I hate when they gush over the republic of ireland, they aren't even in the uk! People need a wake up call there's no way Republic Of Ireland would cheer us on.

On another note awkward night for MON just recently signed a new deal then this happens.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Well thank god no irish at the world cup, nothing more I hate when they gush over the republic of ireland, they aren't even in the uk! People need a wake up call there's no way Republic Of Ireland would cheer us on.

I'm going to steer well clear here...

I can't believe after going 1 nil up, they left themselves wide open.....MON's teams are known for shutting up shop.

First goal was something out of nursery school football, Christie's foolishness has cost the irish.

It's a good question, do the irish support the english the way the english support the irish?????

MON getting it in the neck from Irish TV pundits...took off 2 defensive midfielders and went all in with attack minded players at half time...left loads of space for Erickson and Co to exploit...calling mcgeadie attack minded don’t seem right.. Who does he even play for now ? 

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I can't believe after going 1 nil up, they left themselves wide open.....MON's teams are known for shutting up shop.

First goal was something out of nursery school football, Christie's foolishness has cost the irish.

It's a good question, do the irish support the english the way the english support the irish?????

Credit to Sisto for that goal though. But you're right about being wide open. Even after Duffy scoring the Irish backline pushed up a fair bit.

I expected them to put all 11 behind the ball, but it didn't happen.

Maybe the crowd urged them too far forward?

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Lets be honest in one of the worst Ireland teams for a while, no decent attackers and a mediocre squad.

They done well to be at the play offs

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

MON is a legend here but it just shows he's not international management quality

With all due respect to the Irish team, they lack quality. Even Danish commentators were saying that this is probably the least talented Irish squad in decades, which speaks volumes of how well they've done to stay in contention for as long as they did.

I'd argue MON has been very pragmatic and surpassed what this team should rightfully have achieved by playing to the squad's strengths.

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

MON getting a bit angry in RTE interview.

Sad to see. Just walked out now. Proper order. RTE are a disgrace for this. 

Careful what they wish for, compare the level of players European experience tonight 

Europa and champions league vs Championship level

Without a decent striker and a good manager, international obscurity beckons 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Careful what they wish for, compare the level of players European experience tonight 

Europa and champions league vs Championship level

Without a decent striker and a good manager, international obscurity beckons 

Did he call up Scott Hogan for this fixture, who I don't think as scored a single league goal for Villa this year?

The Irish have pride and passion playing for their country they are always going to be short of effort but they sadly lack much class, have they actually got anyone who would be a regular starter for City. MON could only do so much and finishing above a resurgent Welsh team was their peak.

Anyone still think oneill has anything left to offer or should he retire to pints of guiness?

Doesnt seem to inspire me much anymore. 

Back in the day he was amazing for us but I dunno just feel like he wont ever have big glory (other than the holes if thats his thing)

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Bored with the guff about Irish fans and parking the bus being described as 'brave' every time so pleased with this.

.... but they actually had a go and got destroyed as a result. Surely this result justifies how RoI have played during this campaign.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Considering who was in their group, no, not really.

Uhhh, with three teams having better players on paper, I think they've done extremely well to finish second. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Archived