Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

Do fans honestly still believe we should re-arrange the stadium after winning the league?!

After witnessing a real life miracle in my seat, I don't fancy a big shift in the crowd dynamics  of the stadium on a match day. The King Power has become home now and I'd rather not disrupt or risk losing out on the atmosphere that the crowd currently generate, particularly under the floodlights.

Is the current atmosphere really that bad? Its been a lot worse at the KP under the likes of Levein, Holloway and even under Pearson when attendances weren't as high.

The only time we are noticeably flat is when we play teams like Palace and Bournemouth, or if we have an early morning kick off, for example. At the end of the day, if you want an atmosphere, its your responsibility as a fan to contribute towards creating one.

I sit in the West Stand but I do my best with the old clappers and make an effort to sing, shout and get out of my seat at every opportunity - even if I get the occasional 'si-down' from those around me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Are you the UFS spokesmen ? Soon as someone dares criticise them. You roll out a 2000 worded post. MY OPINION is on them as a group not as individuals. I don't know them personally as people but as a group I think they cause more harm then good. 

You dont need a group name or start a group for one, this just turns into we're better fans then you attuide. I don't like the black t shirts, stickers or Displays they put on. This is ENGLISH football and we don't need to copy a bunch of no mark ultras. 

I stand in sk1 and I find most people find them annoying. They'll sing the same boring song (ring of fire) for around 10 minutes. Just around 20 of them. They don't join in, in other chants started by different parts of the stadium. The drummer needs to realise he can stop and doesn't need to be plodding along all the time when there's 4 people singing. Drums shouldn't be at football anyway. I honestly don't think they go to watch the game. They seem more interested jumping up and down and singing then actually what's going on, on the pitch. 

Id rather just have the whole of SK1 standing and singing without having to try and copy palace. Also they don't represent all Leicester fans aswell. I like singing and standing and support safe standing but I don't support UFS. 

lollollol

I never even managed 2000 words in an essay at school:schmike:

Let me know when you can get the whole of the kop singing the same song. Pretty sure it happened in the 90s or 2000s at filbert street.

Glad you have an opinion no idea why it needed capitals :blink: on them aa a group. Please explain to me what harm they are doing.

Imagine having been at the KP/WALKERS see I can use capitals as well.:ph34r: since 2002 and thinking they have had a negative impact.

As for copying you are aware we as a nation wandered round Europe on mass kicking **** out of whoever stood in our way, robbing every shop we could. And now we are considered fair game yet complete pussys at the same time as the modern game in this country has been sanitised  and I accept that it has it's benefit. Why can't some fans now copy what they consider a better way to enjoy football?

Please tell me how they are harming your experience of the game. Unless you sit on the 1st 12 rows when they do a display.

Sorry for the 2000 word reply but are they really doing more harm as you put it?

As I said have you litterally ever interacted with them and have they told you in person they are better fans than you?

I didn't  get them. But meeting them changed my mind. They are articulate  well mannered people. I won't join them bit I'm not intent  on beating them or belittleing  them either.

Please explain why they offend you so much.

In at least 4000 words:nigel:

I have explained in every post why I don't like the group. I don't like ultras in English football or the mentality of it. We invented football and invented the atmosphere at football. Look at the 60s,70s,80s and 90s. No ultras groups then. I've always been a supporter of improving the atmosphere way back on this forum. When Rob Kelly was in charge, I went into N block, even when the Fosse boys were created. I personally didn't see eye to eye with the people on the forum on started it but I went over and stood with them. 

Also mate, I went over to SK1 when the UFS was created because I wanted to improve the atmosphere with them. I just don't share their ideas. I don't wanna be so no marks palace rip offs. I like the flags at the back of the kop. The TIFO aren't too bad but I don't like the separate group from other fans. It's a ego thing, if they drop the ultra stuff, I wouldn't be on here saying stuff all the time. 

39 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Are you the UFS spokesmen ? Soon as someone dares criticise them. You roll out a 2000 worded post. MY OPINION is on them as a group not as individuals. I don't know them personally as people but as a group I think they cause more harm then good. 

You dont need a group name or start a group for one, this just turns into we're better fans then you attuide. I don't like the black t shirts, stickers or Displays they put on. This is ENGLISH football and we don't need to copy a bunch of no mark ultras. 

I stand in sk1 and I find most people find them annoying. They'll sing the same boring song (ring of fire) for around 10 minutes. Just around 20 of them. They don't join in, in other chants started by different parts of the stadium. The drummer needs to realise he can stop and doesn't need to be plodding along all the time when there's 4 people singing. Drums shouldn't be at football anyway. I honestly don't think they go to watch the game. They seem more interested jumping up and down and singing then actually what's going on, on the pitch. 

Id rather just have the whole of SK1 standing and singing without having to try and copy palace. Also they don't represent all Leicester fans aswell. I like singing and standing and support safe standing but I don't support UFS. 

I raised similar points a while back Hugo, although I made it categorically  clear I was all for anything that improved atmosphere I was lambasted for daring to make the point it was "all about us" "look at us" banners about UFS, marching on Wembley T Shirts and yes sad to say wannabe Ultra superior fan attitude.

Now I will clearly state this again, I have no issue with efforts to improve the noise but there is no cohesion , no effort to join in with other chants just a my way or the highway attitude. 

Some of the TIFOs are very good but I wish instead of trying to be self promoting copycats of Palace fans they would be the link between L1 and rest of the Kop so that a wider section of the ground are singing the recognised songs in unison instead of a few hundred mumbling stuff people around can either not hear or don't know!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, anotherharboroughfox said:

Sorry, but that is utter bullshit. 

I'm in SK3 harborough and that' s what I and others around hear frequently and comment on. L1 may start a chant sections of Kop join in with time delay ? yet UFS are doing their own , often inaudible thing that means cohesion and chant dies away due to lack of coordination.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

You wanna be careful mate, bayfox is issusing a statement as we speak ...

Oh I see we have a banter.

If you stand in sk1 with them really what is your point. I've had the same seats just to the left of them since we moved grounds.

I had issues with the fosse boys mainly they were a complete bunch of Jeb  ends with an ego the size of old Trafford. But I'm waiting for an explanation of how they ruin and spoil your day out and how since they set up camp in sk1 they have been any thing other than positive for the atmosphere in general?

If you have been in sk1 since 2002 and can tell me at what point it was better during the kelly, CL or hollowhead era I'm all ears.

25 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

I stand in sk1 with them. I'm not making

things up.

Same.

14 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I'm in SK3 harborough and that' s what I and others around hear frequently and comment on. L1 may start a chant sections of Kop join in with time delay ? yet UFS are doing their own , often inaudible thing that means cohesion and chant dies away due to lack of coordination.

Granted when UFS are going for it they may not be able to hear other chants getting started because of the noise within the section BUT if one is heard I guarantee it's helped on by UFS.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Oh I see we have a banter.

If you stand in sk1 with them really what is your point. I've had the same seats just to the left of them since we moved grounds.

I had issues with the fosse boys mainly they were a complete bunch of Jeb  ends with an ego the size of old Trafford. But I'm waiting for an explanation of how they ruin and spoil your day out and how since they set up camp in sk1 they have been any thing other than positive for the atmosphere in general?

If you have been in sk1 since 2002 and can tell me at what point it was better during the kelly, CL or hollowhead era I'm all ears.

Bayfox believe me there are lots who have that same opinion of how the UFS gang are behaving! For example why the black shirts? If they are not Palace Ultra wannabes are they paying homage  to Oswald Mosley?  ?

9 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Bayfox believe me there are lots who have that same opinion of how the UFS gang are behaving! For example why the black shirts? If they are not Palace Ultra wannabes are they paying homage  to Oswald Mosley?  ?

I can completely understand that. 

But the fosse boys never really actually improved the atmosphere. I'm  intrigued and am genuinely interested in how UFS offend people and in the main people can't accept our atmosphere in the kop hasn't been better since they formed.

I am willing to listen to decent replies ie  not Alexis free transfer sanchez who seems a bit like me a decade ago. Can't have a reasoned debate.

As for the whole palace thing. You are aware they nicked  the idea from st.pauli  in the main as I say England set a bench mark , made an identity then lost it and got surpassed. Why is copying that bad?

Please explain. 

Edited by Bayfox

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Imagine being upset by the colour of t shirts people wear. FFS.

There literally hasn't been a single game when people in that section have all worn the same colour t shirt.

KPFC. Replica kit army.

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I can completely understand that. 

But the fosse boys never really actually improved the atmosphere. I'm  intrigued and am genuinely interested in how UFS offend people and in the main people can't accept our atmosphere in the kop hasn't been better since they formed.

I am willing to listen to decent replies ie  not Alexis free transfer sanchez who seems a bit like me a decade ago. Can't have a reasoned debate.

As for the whole palace thing. You are aware they nicked  the idea from st.pauli  in the main as I say England set a bench mark , made an identity then lost it and got surpassed. Why is copying that bad?

Please explain. 

We're an English club, I personally can't abide any of this organised Ultra based BS  including the flairs and matching black T Shirts. What next, will they all be wearing make up like kiss and doing synchronised  dance moves?

To me atmosphere is about noise tremendous vocal support, linking and spreading from L1 to all of Kop would be fantastic?

My comments are not personal cos I dont know any of the individuals i just don't like that culture it's not for me I find it cringey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

We're an English club, I personally can't abide any of this organised Ultra based BS  including the flairs and matching black T Shirts. What next, will they all be wearing make up like kiss and doing synchronised  dance moves?

To me atmosphere is about noise tremendous vocal support, linking and spreading from L1 to all of Kop would be fantastic?

My comments are not personal cos I dont know any of the individuals i just don't like that culture it's not for me I find it cringey.

I agree with flairs...they never look good, and black T shirts why would anyone wear black outside of a funeral?, such an awful colour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I'd love a whole ground that sang as well. But we live on a different era now. L1 and sk1 are separated by about 5 blocks who use the ****ing clappers and drown out any lyrics via a lovely noise of rhythmic clapping :unsure:

As an English fan what do you expect?

Families or kicking the **** out of each other as opposing fans?

Because 1 seems the new and one was the old.

Union fs are far from the problem. Even if they all had the same t shirt on (which they don’t) I wouldn’t see the harm in that anyway. What’s it got to do with you how someone dresses lol as long as they’re chanting and supporting the team that’s fine with me.

I've stood in my seat in SK1 years now and having union fs form to my right has been nothing but positive. They’re the only ones chanting 90% of the game now and for the noise not travelling around from L1 to the KOP and vice versa blame the clappers! 

Edited by LCFC FOX

17 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I'd love a whole ground that sang as well. But we live on a different era now. L1 and sk1 are separated by about 5 blocks who use the ****ing clappers and drown out any lyrics via a lovely noise of rhythmic clapping :unsure:

As an English fan what do you expect?

Families or kicking the **** out of each other as opposing fans?

Because 1 seems the new and one was the old.

Ha ha ha , people can do what they want where they want in a free society! I just won't be a gang member any time soon ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Ha ha ha , people can do what they want where they want in a free society! I just won't be a gang member any time soon ?

Apparently not it seems streaking  through a six form girls college  is unacceptable :ph34r:

And that was my UFS initiation :riyad:

The atmosphere was improved with results on the pitch. The great escape , winning the league and the Seville game. Don't make out the atmosphere been cracking because of them. Results on the pitch helped.I'm not attacking them personally or anything and I admire they wanna improve the atmosphere and I'm all up for a improvement. However I'm not having the Ultra crap and never will. They also need to improve the songs and timing of them. We don't need to be singing a song for 10 minutes with hardly anyone joining in and someone drumming along. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

I stand in sk1 with them. I'm not making

things up.

I wanted to join once but they told me to get out of their pub for suggesting a new song, telling me it was "private songs only here". 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

The atmosphere was improved with results on the pitch. The great escape , winning the league and the Seville game. Don't make out the atmosphere been cracking because of them. Results on the pitch helped.I'm not attacking them personally or anything and I admire they wanna improve the atmosphere and I'm all up for a improvement. However I'm not having the Ultra crap and never will. They also need to improve the songs and timing of them. We don't need to be singing a song for 10 minutes with hardly anyone joining in and someone drumming along. 

You are aware they set up before we even got promoted to the top flight. Believe me they improved the atmosphere way before the owners handed out clappers.

And not attempting a song for a good few mins is exactly the problem.

3 nil down to Liverpool at filbert st and having 20 mins non stop of leicester, leicester, leicester is what proves we have fans that give a ****.

Shame we seem to have turned them away or they all got old and bored.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 2