Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Foxestalk Biscuit World Cup - The Final

Foxestalk Biscuit World Cup - The Final  

63 members have voted

1. 1. The Final

• Chocolate Chip Cookie
    • Chocolate Hobnob
  2. 2. The match that nobody gives a shit about (also known as third place playoff)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/17 at 23:59

Headlines

• Semi's represent the biggest anti-climax since Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley's wedding night
  • Fans abandon Hobnob (Classic) in favour of chocolatey topped loveliness. 
  • Bourbon Cream challenge crumbles under the might of Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie's place in the final undermined by consistent accusations of non biscuit ingredient doping.

Confirmation of Match Up's

This round will consist of two votes, the final and the match that nobody gives a shit about. Voters should note that in the interests of full transparency and piss taking, voter names have been made public for this round. 

Final) Chocolate Chip Cookie vs Chocolate Hobonb

Other) Bourbon Cream vs Hobnob

The vote is scheduled to close on the 31 December @ 23:59

Future competition news

FIBA is considering running a similar competition in 2018 and would welcome nominations for contender biscuits for the second running of the Foxestalk Biscuit World Cup from the 1st December 2018. 

FIBA is also now looking for subsistence to help support the event and would welcome the donations of biscuits; of any kind, except Garibaldi's. 

FIBA would like to take this opportunity to thank all the biscuits that have entered, the voting public and staff behind the scenes that have all helped make this competition a success and wish the contenders in the final the best of luck. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Terrible final. Question is, is it to be a 'hard cookie' or a 'soft cookie'?

This is a great question.

Throughout the tournament I've assumed were talking about the small hard Maryland cookie. If we're talking about Cookie Jar cookies then this changes things substantially.

I think it's time the tournament organisers came out and cleared this all-important issue up. 

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, toddybad said:

This is a great question.

Throughout the tournament I've assumed were talking about the small hard Maryland cookie. If we're talking about Cookie Jar cookies then this changes things substantially.

I think it's time the tournament organisers came out and cleared this all-important issue up. 

I assumed Maryland which are vile things. Cookie jar cookies surely aren't biscuits.

Dark Chocolate Digestives are the real winners

I just don't get the bourbon cream hate, typical colour and class prejudice. If you don't want a real biscuit like a bourbon or a digestive then go buy a kit kat type sweet or a cake. Cookie is a generic term for a whole range of foodstuffs and worse than that it's American. Cookie v Biscuit is a completely different competition. A cookie is much a biscuit as a Jaffa cake is or a mince pie is. Shambles.

This is easily one of the best "set of threads" of the year.:thumbup:

8 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I assumed Maryland which are vile things. Cookie jar cookies surely aren't biscuits.

Dark Chocolate Digestives are the real winners

When creating the list of contenders I did consider the option of having ‘milk chocolate’ and ‘dark chocolate’ as separate contenders... but felt it would be unfair to split a vote on a marginal area.

Its not quite the same as having separate ‘hobnob’ and ‘chocolate hobnob’ because these two have a key defining difference.

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

DJBH has stipulated many a times the cookie is what ever sort you want it to be. 

Equally where there is a broad range of biscuits available under a category, such as Chocolate Chip Cookie, it is up to the individual to make their own choice what version they are voting for.”

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

When creating the list of contenders I did consider the option of having ‘milk chocolate’ and ‘dark chocolate’ as separate contenders... but felt it would be unfair to split a vote on a marginal area.

Its not quite the same as having separate ‘hobnob’ and ‘chocolate hobnob’ because these two have a key defining difference.

It looks as if the result of this poll will be as fiercely contested as the meaning of the Brexit vote.

On 30/12/2017 at 20:05, FoxesDeb said:

This is like watching 2 teams you really couldn't care less about in the final. I can't muster any enthusiasm for either, surely the chocolate digestive should have been the winner? Which one is the underdog, I'll go for that one 

If mcvities chocolate digestive tasted like they did 15 years ago, it'd have walked this. Alas they no longer taste biscuity and I think this has cost it.

So it’s over, perhaps predictably chocolate hobnob has won, something else came third.

The whimper of a finish was disappointing considering the (relative) excitement of the early rounds.

The ultimate question I guess is what have we learned from this experience??? It seems the only safe conclusion I can draw is that on a general level, Foxestalkers go mad for the brown stuff.

Thanks all - until next time ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

How is a disk of sawdust topped with insipid milk chocolate the best biscuit?

As always, bland, beige, vanilla, ready salted, everyday, humdrum wins the day. :(

Brandy snaps not even in the line up

38 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

How is a disk of sawdust topped with insipid milk chocolate the best biscuit?

As always, bland, beige, vanilla, ready salted, everyday, humdrum wins the day. :(

Hark at Trav with his fake French name making out he’s all sophisticated... we all really know he’s sat typing away at his PC in white boxers and vest enjoying a chicken and mushroom pot noodle.

???

• Haha 1