Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

Christ they're overhyping that win a bit aren't they? Quickest driver of the weekend, quickest car, quickest in the corners, about 15mph down on top speed down their so called straights on a track where its impossible to overtake lol Plus he was making up all the time and more that he lost on the straights in the corners

Pretty boring but very weird race what with the tyres and the midfield being quicker than the front runners for most of it

• Like 2

I get it's a challenge for the drivers, but it's just a procession of cars driving around a city. I'm sure you could go to Monaco most weeks and see that, and probably enjoy more of the city too.

• Like 1

When it rains it has the potential to be something a little more watchable.

Today was just a complete bore from start to finish.  Shame.  It's a great spectacle but the racing is anything but.  It's the reverse of Silverstone.  It's hardly a looker from a venue's point of view but the racing is normally great.

They should get some sort of wave machine going at the swimming pool section.  Get the waves crashing over onto the circuit.  Would make it more interesting.  lol

On 27/05/2018 at 20:45, isaidno said:

Ricciardo absolutely on it all weekend. Hamilton should win next race in Montreal

I'm not so sure. Ferrari have a much better PU this year and were fastest at Bahrain and Azerbaijan, two circuits where engine performance is important. On top of this, all the engine manufacturers will be bringing updates to the PU, so it's even harder to predict. It's one of Hamilton's best tracks but Vettel isn't bad round there either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amin said:

I'm not so sure. Ferrari have a much better PU this year and were fastest at Bahrain and Azerbaijan, two circuits where engine performance is important. On top of this, all the engine manufacturers will be bringing updates to the PU, so it's even harder to predict. It's one of Hamilton's best tracks but Vettel isn't bad round there either.

Well history would suggest otherwise. You have to go back to 2004 the last time a Ferrari won there. Vettels only win there came in the RedBull. I just hope it is an eventful weekend 

4 minutes ago, stix said:

Well history would suggest otherwise. You have to go back to 2004 the last time a Ferrari won there. Vettels only win there came in the RedBull. I just hope it is an eventful weekend 

It's pretty much a guarantee that there will be a safety car. Usually is at least one there. Chance of rain. Long straight brings DRS into play. Also one of the few tracks where it's not obvious what number of pit stops is the best strategy. Probably be boring now I've said all that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

As for Monaco, I know why they have it this time of year to add to the glitz and glamour. But would be better off having it in winter, rain changes the race and makes it actually worth viewing. 

You're probably right, but having it towards the end of the season it could end up being a nothing gp, the title could have already been decided, which could make it even more pointless. 

They certainly need need to make changes, because they’re never going to get rid of it. 

2 hours ago, stix said:

You're probably right, but having it towards the end of the season it could end up being a nothing gp, the title could have already been decided, which could make it even more pointless. 

They certainly need need to make changes, because they’re never going to get rid of it. 

Might as well have it last instead of abu Dhabi like 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2018 at 12:48, Amin said:

Well well well, hats off to you Amin. 

• Thanks 1