Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

So what does everybody actually look like?

9 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

You know no one is going to put a picture of themselves on here now!

it never ends well,I remember @MattP had some brilliant photoshopped pics done after he put a photo on( someone find that again)

Matts got balls of steel so took it the right way.

This has amused me.Think most were just “ jealous to death” of who @NorthfieldsFox was with.

Didnt cock a strop and now goes down in FT folklore.

welcome to FT sir.

Thanks mate , no point blowing up and they are great nipples lol 

• Like 1

On 20/02/2018 at 09:36, Alf Bentley said:

I tried searching the forum for "MattP" and "Hitler" yesterday, Cambridge, but sadly it yielded no fruit.....maybe someone with more technical know-how might succeed or @MattP might again show balls of steel and publish! :D

I see it was found lol I do have to admit I would like some level anonymity back on here (the username wasn't a great choice either) but that obviously can't happen, far too many people know who I am and I must now have 20 F&F who read the place and if ever I say anything they'll know like a shot, I'm sure a few others have the same problem.

More importantly though it stopped me making contributions I really wanted to make in the gambling addiction and depression threads, I was desperate to make some comments and give some examples of my personal circumstances but I just couldn't do itr because it would have meant it being broadcast to people in "real life"! who I didn't want to know about it. I did sent a few PM's to people but I do wonder if my words and experience could have helped any lurkers etc and it's a bit of a regret of mine.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

I see it was found lol I do have to admit I would like some level anonymity back on here (the username wasn't a great choice either) but that obviously can't happen, far too many people know who I am and I must now have 20 F&F who read the place and if ever I say anything they'll know like a shot, I'm sure a few others have the same problem.

More importantly though it stopped me making contributions I really wanted to make in the gambling addiction and depression threads, I was desperate to make some comments and give some examples of my personal circumstances but I just couldn't do itr because it would have meant it being broadcast to people in "real life"! who I didn't want to know about it. I did sent a few PM's to people but I do wonder if my words and experience could have helped any lurkers etc and it's a bit of a regret of mine.

Make yourself an anon account to contribute to those threads if you want. Probably want to leave it a few weeks after this post so people forget about it haha. 

But generally the only people that may see your ip and know will be the mods and I don't think any of them would betray for privacy. 

20 minutes ago, MattP said:

After posting, I did wonder whether I should have drawn attention to that thread, although I knew you'd taken it well last time. I do apologise if I was the cause of any awkwardness.

They are hilarious photos, though, and I'm sure any storm of publicity will be brief.

Sounds a good idea from Finnegan to set up an anonymous account (without breaching FT regulations, of course) if F&F are likely to view official MattP posts.

You could turn into the new Moose/Rog and set up an alternative persona, maybe a committed SWP activist, a lesbian vegan or a hippy living in an anarchist commune....or maybe you (and I) should aspire to better uses of time! :D 

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

After posting, I did wonder whether I should have drawn attention to that thread, although I knew you'd taken it well last time. I do apologise if I was the cause of any awkwardness.

They are hilarious photos, though, and I'm sure any storm of publicity will be brief.

Sounds a good idea from Finnegan to set up an anonymous account (without breaching FT regulations, of course) if F&F are likely to view official MattP posts.

You could turn into the new Moose/Rog and set up an alternative persona, maybe a committed SWP activist, a lesbian vegan or a hippy living in an anarchist commune....or maybe you (and I) should aspire to better uses of time! :D 

Certainly no need for an apology, I enjoy being the centre of attention so it's not a problem lol (The Hitler pic was my desktop picture for a while)

Just highlighting the downside of not being able to post under an anon. I should have done the different account thing but didn't think to do so.

Edited by MattP

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Certainly no need for an apology, I enjoy being the centre of attention so it's not a problem lol (The Hitler pic was my desktop picture for a while)

Just highlighting the downside of not being able to post under an anon. I should have done the different account thing but didn't think to do so.

Probably my fault in all fairness,but you tend to get a feel for who can take a joke and you are definitely one of them.

im the same, although 46 I really can’t take life too seriously,even my Mrs tells people she has 3 kids and points at me.

Try avoiding “Hitlers Mate” as a new username!

Edited by cambridgefox

4 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Probably my fault in all fairness,but you tend to get a feel for who can take a joke and you are definitely one of them.

im the same, although 46 I really can’t take life too seriously,even my Mrs tells people she has 3 kids and points at me.

Try avoiding “Hitlers Mate” as a new username!

I've been called worse.

I think you have to take life and yourself as seriously as you want and that should be little as possible, it's a big key to being happy and content imho.

Getting to that position is bloody hard though, especially if you are a natural worrier. 

Edited by MattP