Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

TOTS Correa? 

Yep. Played him for a few games and he did get some goals but pretty slow and clunky. Futmas Papu Gomez is still ahead of him, and has been clutch for 7 months! 

Edited by HoustonFox

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Yep. Played him for a few games and he did get some goals but pretty slow and clunky. Futmas Papu Gomez is still ahead of him, and has been clutch for 7 months! 

He's bonkers mate, I have him. Scores from everywhere and his passing is crazy. 

I needed a new RB badly to link with some of my team and flashback Dani Alves came at the right time (although I may need to set him to stay back!). I link him with flashback David Luiz, Futties Fred, and/or Mbappe.

But a Futties Walker would also be amazing and a perfect link with my Prem players, too.

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's bonkers mate, I have him. Scores from everywhere and his passing is crazy. 

He has scored from some mad angles for sure.  Just had him for 3 games but my CAMs are mid Eusebio, gold CR7 and TOTS Quags. Not sure he’s better than them 

Had a nightmare trying to to the mls squad Battle played 2 games before realising one player wasn’t in the mls god knows how that happened ? Wouldn’t mind a few more sbc like yesterday just for something to do 

13 and 17. So close...

But I'm glad another weekend is over. The amount of lucky one-timers in this game is astonishing. Couldn't bear any more of that stress.

Always have that nagging feeling that out of all people, it's me usually pinned against some of the very best players... No really easy opponents left, it seems.

Edited by MC Prussian

Better weekend this time for me. I started with 3W-8L and thought, here we go again... but then I won 11 out of my next 16 to clinch Gold 3 with room to spare. 

I just tried to make a run for Gold 2, but after a win and a loss, I gave away a freebie win for the dead rubber. 

Also, I got a tradeable baby Lehmann in the TOTY SBC, so that went right to the transfer list!

• Like 1

I’m done with fut champs and I’m done with fifa 19 (1 week later) finished 17/3 ....I just can’t bring myself to stop playing yet at the same time I just can’t bring myself to push past 17 wins lol 

Edited by dbtcity

On 21/07/2019 at 04:03, MC Prussian said:

What's the longest half in FIFA 19 you've ever went through?

I just recently set a new personal record at 54 in-game minutes. :huh:

I've gone into the 51st minute--and that involved 3 minutes of stoppage time, a penalty and several corners, so there must have been a lot of shenanigans going on in your game!

My unscientific hypothesis is that there is more stoppage time being added.

15 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’m done with fut champs and I’m done with fifa 19 (1 week later) finished 17/3 ....I just can’t bring myself to stop playing yet at the same time I just can’t bring myself to push past 17 wins lol 

I really have to rev myself up to get past 14 (and it usually takes all weekend!). I was perfectly content with my 14 this weekend and I'm not really sure the stress on my end is worth the difference between 14 and 17. But I was actually enjoying my games on Sunday, and after a few hours break, I decided f it, let's give it a go. I still haven't cracked 17.

---

On side notes, I was glad FUT had another MLS-themed objective this week, because I got to use my POTM Maxi Morales instead of just keeping him as a collector's item because he's a player I like in real life. He's definitely not my first choice CAM but I liked playing him in the hole when I tried out a 3-4-1-2. 

But as for 3-in-the-back formations, sort of like how depth works more like a suggestion that a tactical instruction that is actually followed, width is useless for the back line. No matter what the width is, the RCB/LCB park themselves along the sideline.

A couple of months ago, I tried to see if I could rig up a 3- or 5-back formation to see if I could do the Chris Wilder overlapping CBs just for shits and giggles. However, setting the RCB/LCB to join the attack wasn't making a difference, so they just don't take off and go forward. Now that I've realized there's usually room for me to pass ahead to the the RCB/LCB into space, I am going to revisit this and see if I can keep one or both of those CBs in the attack.

Now, I'm not sure how much practical use there is to this, if any. There are only a handful of CBs in the game that are any useful at crossing, I'd probably have to string together a lot of passes to get my CB far enough down the line without just trying to dribble down on his own, and I'd get absolutely slaughtered on the counterattack. But I just want to see if I can do this just the once, just for fun.

Had an aweful run on rivals since last week plus  not won any until today and when actually drawing the games been freezing. Luckily won 2 games so on might scrape the rivals objective if I’m lucky. 

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

I've gone into the 51st minute--and that involved 3 minutes of stoppage time, a penalty and several corners, so there must have been a lot of shenanigans going on in your game!

My unscientific hypothesis is that there is more stoppage time being added.

I really have to rev myself up to get past 14 (and it usually takes all weekend!). I was perfectly content with my 14 this weekend and I'm not really sure the stress on my end is worth the difference between 14 and 17. But I was actually enjoying my games on Sunday, and after a few hours break, I decided f it, let's give it a go. I still haven't cracked 17.

---

On side notes, I was glad FUT had another MLS-themed objective this week, because I got to use my POTM Maxi Morales instead of just keeping him as a collector's item because he's a player I like in real life. He's definitely not my first choice CAM but I liked playing him in the hole when I tried out a 3-4-1-2. 

But as for 3-in-the-back formations, sort of like how depth works more like a suggestion that a tactical instruction that is actually followed, width is useless for the back line. No matter what the width is, the RCB/LCB park themselves along the sideline.

A couple of months ago, I tried to see if I could rig up a 3- or 5-back formation to see if I could do the Chris Wilder overlapping CBs just for shits and giggles. However, setting the RCB/LCB to join the attack wasn't making a difference, so they just don't take off and go forward. Now that I've realized there's usually room for me to pass ahead to the the RCB/LCB into space, I am going to revisit this and see if I can keep one or both of those CBs in the attack.

Now, I'm not sure how much practical use there is to this, if any. There are only a handful of CBs in the game that are any useful at crossing, I'd probably have to string together a lot of passes to get my CB far enough down the line without just trying to dribble down on his own, and I'd get absolutely slaughtered on the counterattack. But I just want to see if I can do this just the once, just for fun.

I’ve been using the 352 formation the last few weeks and it really is a fantastic formation, I tend to start in a 5 back formation then switch in game so I can have Telles and Trent as my Lm/Rm and it’s been working wonders going forward and defensively, feels a bit like a hybrid 41212 narrow/4231... only downside is sometimes against players that play really wide you get countered out wide every now and then

Edited by dbtcity

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

On the FUT Central page of FUT there's a notice saying that EA are hiring for Fifa.

I have lots of experience with Fifa. I guess I could relocate to Vancouver :ph34r:

You know too much about football 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1