Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

Finished on 14/14! My worst ever weekend league... strange how a patch drops in July and all of a sudden there’s no logic to match making! It’s supposed to be you come up against people with a similar record to you yet I’ve come up against people chasing elite 1/top 100 whilst I’ve got a next to negative record... it’s almost like the top end players were struggling to find games so they just opened it up to be a free for all! That’s me finally done with this sub Beta version of a game

Edited by dbtcity

5 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Finished on 14/14! My worst ever weekend league... strange how a patch drops in July and all of a sudden there’s no logic to match making! It’s supposed to be you come up against people with a similar record to you yet I’ve come up against people chasing elite 1/top 100 whilst I’ve got a next to negative record... it’s almost like the top end players were struggling to find games so they just opened it up to be a free for all! That’s me finally done with this sub Beta version of a game

I finished with 14 wins too in 28 games. Everyone had Lozano and Coman, or both. Also lost 6 of my first 7 games but even though I did pretty well in the next 21 (for me) it was a totally unpleasant experience. I haven’t done WL for a while and won’t be again as I’m thankfully away the next 3 weekends, so can’t even be tempted! 

Not sure if others had same experience but so many times, passes just wouldn’t reach my players or VVD would get steamrollered over by some midget. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

I finished with 14 wins too in 28 games. Everyone had Lozano and Coman, or both. Also lost 6 of my first 7 games but even though I did pretty well in the next 21 (for me) it was a totally unpleasant experience. I haven’t done WL for a while and won’t be again as I’m thankfully away the next 3 weekends, so can’t even be tempted! 

Not sure if others had same experience but so many times, passes just wouldn’t reach my players or VVD would get steamrollered over by some midget. 

Yea it wasn’t great Eusebio and Tots cr7 seemed to refuse bagging, I don’t think I came up agaisnt a team that wasn’t better than mine the last 15 games which is mad as A) my team is pretty stacked and B) I was 8/7 when I hit 15! I’m a half decent player but I’d say I played maybe 3/4 players who I’d say I was comfortably better than maybe 5/6 I was on par with and the rest were so much better than me it was unreal 

2 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Thought it was just me. Everything seems in fast forward!!!

Fvck EA.

This constant chopping and changing has to stop. This franchise has about seen the worst.

Absolutely inconsistent, this game is. Gameplay's terrible again, no further notice. Just changed like that, players move around as if they're on speed, collision model's all over the place, player movements even more unrealistic than before.

My major issue list:

LAG! :@(and that in the most crucial of moments, either before you're about to score and passes and shots go astray thanks to the lag or in the moments when you're about to concede and would like to defend)

All these shitty updates

The plethora of special cards (people have complained about the lack in earlier games, right now it's an overabundance)

The multiple SBC debacles (POTM Jadon Sancho early on springs to mind)

Fans voting on POTM (Marco Reus winning it twice in succession)

The FUT Champions technical issues and the related extensions

The flawed shooting mechanics (and people abusing them) - fixed only later on, halfway through the game's life cyle

The frustrating switching player delays (grinds my gears so much still, manual defending made almost impossible - EA haven't fixed anything here!)

The cost of assembling a good team, not being able to compete unless you have a 85+ rated (early into the game) or 88+ to 90+ OVR team (later on)

The unfinished and sometimes hilarious collision model (shots going through players' bodies - and into the net!)

The disabled match making on numerous occasions (without prior notice)

Maintenance information at short notice

TOTW not shown as completed once you beat the team (from TOTW 27 onwards - happens in every single FIFA, I swear! lol)

The hyping up the game through bought YouTubers, etc. etc.

The lack of proper rewards, meaning rather poor rewards in Division Rivals, FUT Champions and Squad Battles

Home advantage in FUT

Easier goals after kick-off, before and after half-time and shortly before the end of regular time (although this can work in your favour, too)

Passing mechanics (utterly erratic)

Seen and heard it all by now.

I am so glad I'm not going to buy FIFA 20. I've had enough of this crap franchise, takes too much time and energy and is about as rewarding as a heavy night out.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Fvck EA.

This constant chopping and changing has to stop. This franchise has about seen the worst.

Absolutely inconsistent, this game is. Gameplay's terrible again, no further notice. Just changed like that, players move around as if they're on speed, collision model's all over the place, player movements even more unrealistic than before.

My major issue list:

All these shitty updates

The plethora of special cards (people have complained about the lack in earlier games, right now it's an overabundance)

The multiple SBC debacles (POTM Jadon Sancho early on springs to mind)

Fans voting on POTM (Marco Reus winning it twice in succession)

The FUT Champions technical issues and the related extensions

The flawed shooting mechanics (and people abusing them) - fixed only later on, halfway through the game's life cyle

The frustrating switching player delays (grinds my gears so much still, manual defending made almost impossible - EA haven't fixed anything here!)

The cost of assembling a good team, not being able to compete unless you have a 85+ rated (early into the game) or 88+ to 90+ OVR team (later on)

The unfinished and sometimes hilarious collision model (shots going through players' bodies - and into the net!)

The disabled match making on numerous occasions (without prior notice)

Maintenance information at short notice

TOTW not shown as completed once you beat the team (from TOTW 27 onwards - happens in every single FIFA, I swear! lol)

The hyping up the game through bought YouTubers, etc. etc.

The lack of proper rewards, meaning rather poor rewards in Division Rivals, FUT Champions and Squad Battles

Home advantage in FUT

Easier goals after kick-off, before and after half-time and shortly before the end of regular time (although this can work in your favour, too)

Passing mechanics (utterly erratic)

Seen and heard it all by now.

I am so glad I'm not going to buy FIFA 20. I've had enough of this crap franchise, takes too much time and energy and is about as rewarding as a heavy night out.

Agree 100%. Im also staying away from Fifa 20. Just not worth the stress. Although this weekend was my most comfortable. Got 14 wins very easily by my standards. Helped i think cos i wasnt cramming the games all in at once. Id play a game then watch a bit of the F1/cricket then go back to Fifa. Just felt relaxed doing it this way.

10 and 20.

Second-worst FUT Champions ever for me. Can't count the amount of rage quits this weekend.

Something just didn't seem right from the start. Completely helpless today, won six matches in total, lost about a dozen or more.

Felt rigged straightaway, and the matches this evening will go down as the worst ever. EA completely changed the speed of the game in the space of a few hours. It was all fine earlier in the afternoon, then it felt as somebody had given the players a 150% boost.

Opposing players could score from all kinds of angles, I must've played only super pros today. Conceded one-timers left, right and center. I felt thrown back in time to the beginnings of FIFA 19 UT online. Just... :dunno:

Last game epitomized all of that. I take a 2-0 lead, then he makes it 2-2, leads 3-2, I equalize, he scores again, I equalize again, he then scores another and I just can't be bothered playing any longer. EA have sucked all joy out of this game.

I feel robbed, but I'm telling myself it's not worth the anger anymore. I need to calm down, this game has seen the worst of me and I don't want to go back to that place no more. It's an entirely infuriating gaming experience.

Edited by MC Prussian

31 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Just done the firminho flashback. A few motm cards in the packs and Persic road to Europe league final card not to bad. No coins now tho 

Imo no need for coins now as the game is about done now so cant really bargin much on the transfer list. Since the TOTS finished ive been taking my rewards as untradables and getting double the packs instead tho ive not faired to well with that.

The "accidental" double drop of the headliners sbc is a sure fire way of them cash grabbing to the end. Dont blame them tho as their a business at the end of the day. 

Gone slightly off topic but fancy a game this week at some point?

28 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Imo no need for coins now as the game is about done now so cant really bargin much on the transfer list. Since the TOTS finished ive been taking my rewards as untradables and getting double the packs instead tho ive not faired to well with that.

The "accidental" double drop of the headliners sbc is a sure fire way of them cash grabbing to the end. Dont blame them tho as their a business at the end of the day. 

Gone slightly off topic but fancy a game this week at some point?

I was thinking of just doing the extra packs next few weeks just to keep throwing in the sbc s if any more come out. Not done to bad with them as a lot of the cards I have had quick sell for 15 k jusy used them all today ok firminho 

yeah I’ll give you a game this week is weds/Thursday any good for you? 

25 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I was thinking of just doing the extra packs next few weeks just to keep throwing in the sbc s if any more come out. Not done to bad with them as a lot of the cards I have had quick sell for 15 k jusy used them all today ok firminho 

yeah I’ll give you a game this week is weds/Thursday any good for you? 

Yeah weds or thurs is fine with me. Usually on around 6ish mate

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

How I love beating people with bloody Cristiano Ronaldo up front. :D

That's funny, 'cuz I just added him to my squad lol

Sold a bunch of my PL players and mostly just kept the untradeables. 

Bit of tinkering and I got everyone on 10 chem with him up top on my PL squad.

Really is the best base card in the game, by far.