Jump to content
MC Prussian

New forum guidelines

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

A cyber bully picks their target and hounds them and follows them around into different threads a troll will post deliberately inflammatory comments looking for a reaction  in one thread and then keep stoking the flames to get a bigger reaction. If you are not sure if you have inadvertently engaged in trolling, just think have you ever logged in and seen you have some notifications,and got a little thrill thinking about the responses you have, then maybe, just  maybe you are an accidental troll.

 

On the rules of this forum, I do think that bans should have a reason, I understand the argument against giving the reason, but it must be frustrating to find yourself banned and not know why. Especially in the case of Suzie. For serial offenders like Fif then perhaps an explanation is not necessary.

 

Finally I was disappointed to see spamming and puns not included  in the reminder, too many threads become unreadable nonsense, especially the transfer forum.

 

Keep up the good work mods.

 

I've no idea what you mean ....     :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Captain... said:

I was disappointed to see spamming and puns not included  in the reminder, too many threads become unreadable nonsense, especially the transfer forum.

 

 

The thing about puns is, one or two well-chosen ones can add an amusing note.  I like that this is a funnier place than most footy forums.  Unfortunately, most decent jokes quickly get run into the ground.  I think a word from a mod gets things back on track in most egregious cases. 

 

Few of us are good judges of our own comedic talent.  Myself no doubt being an example of that.  But the mods are mainly here to watch for those who attack or offend or libel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine if the Fighting Cock had similar guidelines?   lol

 

TheFC.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for derailing the Drinkwater thread.  It does seem though that a few people, including myself, are at least semi-keen to have a place to be able to talk about bans/guidelines etc so I thought I would bump this with the proviso that I will try my very best to not talk about such things in other threads and that anyone bored to tears by my self righteous, inane ramblings on the mater can simply chose not to read this thread.  X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Apologies for derailing the Drinkwater thread.  It does seem though that a few people, including myself, are at least semi-keen to have a place to be able to talk about bans/guidelines etc so I thought I would bump this with the proviso that I will try my very best to not talk about such things in other threads and that anyone bored to tears by my self righteous, inane ramblings on the mater can simply chose not to read this thread.  X

Stop ruining this thread please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bryn said:

Is there a reason the EFL Cup match thread got locked?

Guessing it was because it was created before Southampton match, I reopened when I saw

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick post, not quite sure why I had posts removed and why I was banned last night for speaking up about exactly what these guidelines advise, Ironically.

 

Yet they don't seem to be enforced when people still make snidey digs, shoot you down and generally have 'my shit smells better than your shit' attitude without even a discussion when you have an alternative view or opinion.

 

If I have offended anyone, spoke out of term and this post must be deleted this time can someone actually explain it to me please, as I really feel something need to said.

Edited by Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yet they don't seem to be enforced when people still make snidey digs, shoot you down and generally have 'my shit smells better than your shit' attitude without even a discussion when you have an alternative view or opinion.

 

Thats exactly why your post was removed, in reply to a post that was doing just that. If one post is removed then the posts following that up are gone too. You then got restricted posting as you wouldn't stop complaining, so can't win either way. I see you are STILL going round complaining too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×