Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

New forum guidelines

5 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I have committed to stop inadvertently trolling , it seems some of my posts have been considered Trolling by some and for that I apologise.

Im still not clear what is trolling and what is having a strong opinion , but I’m open to learning and modifying my behaviour. 

Just want to thank @Mark and all the mods for allowing us to have this wonderful forum 

Mate, just to say if you'll still give me first refusal on your ST this season when you can't go, you can troll and abuse as much as you want and I won't report you.

Cheers :thumbup:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fewer :whistle:

30 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Im getting better with my wording, thanks to my pedantic friend :D 

Less.

She was right the first time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

“Lately, we have seen a rise in amount of personal abuse. Too many topics have been derailed by unnecessary abuse. It will not be tolerated any longer. As the new season approaches I've updated the guidelines, what has been added is below.

No cyber bullying

It is very important that you carefully consider the type of posts you make on the forum and their consequences, whether direct/indirect or deliberate/unintentional. We can't and won't ever tolerate this forum being used for malicious communications, bullying or harassment of any sort. We can't police the internet but we can control what happens here on FT and we now have a zero tolerance approach for any content or posts of this type.

We also take a dim view of personal abuse in general, so please consider the way in which you debate with others. We understand that you're not all going to agree with each other all of the time. If you can't stand reading the thoughts of another poster, put them on ignore. Furthermore, if you have been subjected to behaviour like this please know you can always contact any of the admin team and we'll do our best to help. 

Trolling

Please just don't. We will be handing out suspensions/bans a lot more frequently in future for this offence. It's disruptive and tedious for those who just want to come here and use the forum to chat with fellow supporters. 

Please also remember the report function is an essential tool for maintaining decent standards on the forum and we ask you to please use it if you spot behaviour which breaches these forum rules.

Thanks”

@Mark

I'm pretty sure Mark doesn't intend it as a free pass for racism to go unchallenged.

You know, just in case anyone thought differently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Thanks for the heads-up.

However, since the guidelines are sort of fresh and formulated in a rather general manner, it's hard to tell what the moderating team really considers to be "abusive" behaviour and how this will all pan out in the near future.

Some clarification would be helpful - otherwise, what's the chance of people being banned regularly for what the majority of posters would consider harmless, banter or even an appropriate reaction to another "offensive" comment or people trying to wind up other people - and this all ending up in chaos or some sort of anarchy due to one's subjective perceptions constantly trumping somebody else's?

I mean, one can be offended by pretty much anything these days and the level of tolerance seems to drop by the minute - what about free speech or how do you define the framework on Foxestalk?

What I'd like the moderating team and @Mark to think about is that a day and age of the snowflake cannot be the way forward.

Encourage debate, but also tread lightly when it comes to people disagreeing with each other. If free speech is regulated because a minority or individuals (constantly) "feel" offended or bullied or trolled, where will it lead to and shouldn't the "offended" think about their own perception and character and maybe man up a bit themselves?

It's a fine line.

Sexist 

Ban MC please  :protest:

;) 

Well, that's me banned within the day then, haha.....

I'm just gonna play safe and pretty much stop posting apart from to tell everyone how great they are and how I love you so..... :)

I can't think of anything genuinely offensive I have ever said (OK, maybe once I was out of order) and yet I have been banned a few times, and quite often I have not even been able to fathom what it might have been for.  I respect the mods on here and this is not a dig but open discussion is useful.  It must be an awfully hard job being a mod and I wouldn't want it but, as someone else pointed out, offence is very subjective and I do worry that maybe sometimes intent, tone and context are not taken into account when someone is banned.  As I think Suzie  stated, a reason for being banned would be helpful and maybe a right to appeal the decision as often it is very frustrating to be banned and not given an explanation.  I am a right nobber on here sometimes and post a lot of stupid stuff but I like to think I am never offensive and I certainly never mean any harm.  I think self-policing of forums like this is very important and I welcome the new guidelines and will certainly take a look at my posts more carefully before submitting but I also hope a little context and reason is given into these decisions to ban.

I love you all and the mods are all great and I hear, very handsome.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Well, that's me banned within the day then, haha.....

I'm just gonna play safe and pretty much stop posting apart from to tell everyone how great they are and how I love you so..... :)

I can't think of anything genuinely offensive I have ever said (OK, maybe once I was out of order) and yet I have been banned a few times, and quite often for I have not even been able to fathom what it might have been for.  I respect the mods on here and this is not a dig but open discussion is useful.  It must be an awfully hard job being a mod and I wouldn't want it but, as someone else pointed out, offence is very subjective and I do worry that maybe sometimes intent, tone and context are not taken into account when someone is banned.  As I think Suzie  stated, a reason for being banned would be helpful and maybe a right to appeal the decision as often it is very frustrating to be banned and not given an explanation.  I am a right nobber on here sometimes and post a lot of stupid stuff but I like o think I am never offensive and I certainly never mean any harm.  I think self-policing of forums like this is very important and I welcome the new guidlines and will certainly take a look at my posts more carefully before submitting but I also hope a little context and reason is given into these decisions to ban.

I love you all and the mods are all great and I hear, very handsome.  X

And how little your penis is? :P

On a serious note, you are perhaps one of the most unoffensive posters on this forum, you are always optimistic and are obviously not intellectually challenged. I find your posts a breath of fresh air sometimes and they can quite often be funny too. 

I find it hard to think you would ever be banned. 

X

Love you Rumble and i aspire 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

On a serious note, you are perhaps one of the most unoffensive posters on this forum, you are always optimistic and are obviously not intellectually challenged. I find your posts a breath of fresh air sometimes and they can quite often be funny too. 

X

Ahhhhhhh shucks I am blushing.  (Shall I send you the money via cheque or PayPal?).  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

X

Inoffensive :thumbup: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

I'm pretty sure Mark doesn't intend it as a free pass for racism to go unchallenged.

You know, just in case anyone thought differently.

Racism is illegal , being opinionated isn’t 

I have never knowingly been racist in my life ! 

but if I have been perceived to be such I deeply apologise for anyone I may have offended 

that comment for me is trolling , a deliberate attempt to upset and cause arguments 

but I’ll rise above it , and say your a decent fella and I appreciate your input 

Edited by GaelicFox

I may have been one of the last straws to break the camel's back today.... I posted in the transfer forum thread about that young Turkish lad Omur, basically saying it had gone quiet after we'd apparently put a bid in. Then I couldn't resist another post after it saying 'made you look'... I don't consider myself a troll though I do try to make my posts as humourous as possible, which can sadly get lost in translation online. I'm not aggressive, malicious or abusive in real life and I certainly hope I don't ever come across as such on here. I do love this community though so I hope I don't ever get misinterpreted as saying something I don't mean.

Cheers...

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I may have been one of the last straws to break the camel's back today.... I posted in the transfer forum thread about that young Turkish lad Omur, basically saying it had gone quiet after we'd apparently put a bid in. Then I couldn't resist another post after it saying 'made you look'... I don't consider myself a troll though I do try to make my posts as humourous as possible, which can sadly get lost in translation online. I'm not aggressive, malicious or abusive in real life and I certainly hope I don't ever come across as such on here. I do love this community though so I hope I don't ever get misinterpreted as saying something I don't mean.

Cheers...

I have never found you mean, in fact the opposite. You can be opinionated but hell, arnt we all ? 

I agree with your point 'alot can be lost in translation online' and what in your head seems funny can in text be taken in a totally different way. 

As @MC Prussianstated in his OP it would be nice to know the actual guidelines, but in reality thats an impossible task, as per the point above. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Hopefully you've read the guidelines carefully @Facecloth no more pointless abusive comments from you please :thumbup:

It says no trolling aswell mate, so it's not a great start for you is it. I don't feel mentioning someone by name is sticking to the new rules. I seem to recall you called me Face**** amongst other things recently too, so you're hardly innocent.

Also I'll admit I have got involved in a few crossed words at times but the last one you stepped in on with Col was him getting upset because I dared disagree with him. If anything he was making personal jibes at me.

Anyway, said my peace, we're all meant to be being nice, so I won't get into a row.

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It says no trolling aswell mate, so it's not a great start for you is it. I don't feel mentioning someone by name is sticking to the new rules. I seem to recall you called me Face**** amongst other things recently too, so you're hardly innocent.

Also I'll admit I have got involved in a few crossed words at times but the last one you stepped in on with Col was him getting upset because I dared disagree with him. If anything he was making personal jibes at me.

Anyway, said my peace, we're all meant to be being nice, so I won't get into a row.

It's comments like these that indicate to me that you want to be perceived as innocent etc on here - but it can also somewhat imply, indirectly, that this could be seen as a sarcastic comment to you without trying to come across like this to the reader?..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

18 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's comments like these that indicate to me that you want to be perceived as innocent etc on here - but it can also somewhat imply, indirectly, that this could be seen as a sarcastic comment to you without trying to come across like this to the reader?..

With all due respect Wymesy, that makes absolutely no sense.

• Haha 2