Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1972 Fox

Geoff Scott

On 18/10/2018 at 18:58, Blue Fox 72 said:

I can remember him playing in the classic awayday win at Orient in 1980 which clinched promotion and the Div 2 title. RIP Geoff.

I honestly do not remember him. But I was at orient that day. We had part of the goal posts on our bus home. Arrested inmkt harbor going home. Best song of the day. Sunderland are losing. J O'Neil lost his shorts lol. 

All I will say is. 

Those where the days my friend's 

We thought they'd never end. 

And people think it's bad now. Winning div one then was no dream it was a bad night on LSD. 

WYS. FOREVER

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I honestly do not remember him. But I was at orient that day. We had part of the goal posts on our bus home. Arrested inmkt harbor going home. Best song of the day. Sunderland are losing. J O'Neil lost his shorts lol. 

All I will say is. 

Those where the days my friend's 

We thought they'd never end. 

And people think it's bad now. Winning div one then was no dream it was a bad night on LSD. 

WYS. FOREVER

Yes how can we possibly moan now when back then we thought that days and seasons like that were the best.

Must be an age thing as at the time it seemed like we could conquer all when in reality we were an average/poor side. Wouldn't swap the memories for anything though.

• Like 2

Guest bss9401
52 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yes how can we possibly moan now when back then we thought that days and seasons like that were the best.

Must be an age thing as at the time it seemed like we could conquer all when in reality we were an average/poor side. Wouldn't swap the memories for anything though.

Not much of an age thing for me. Being stood on away terraces with 5000-10000 passionate fans on such away days are highlights of my life as a City fan. On days such as Orient and Fulham I would not have wanted to be anywhere else in the world. 

RIP Geoff Scott. I remember him as a central defender. Strong and passionate for sure.

10 hours ago, bss9401 said:

Not much of an age thing for me. Being stood on away terraces with 5000-10000 passionate fans on such away days are highlights of my life as a City fan. On days such as Orient and Fulham I would not have wanted to be anywhere else in the world. 

RIP Geoff Scott. I remember him as a central defender. Strong and passionate for sure.

Yes that Fulham day I can remember as if it were yesterday.

Thumbing a lift at Junction 21,

battles outside the ground after the game.

Jumped a coach going back to Enderby. At every set of traffic lights the door was opened in order that 5 or 6 lads could land punches on any random London club’s fans on their way home.....

Good times!  ?

Poor old Geoff. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

11 hours ago, bss9401 said:

If I remember right the orient fans had the away area that day. 14.5k in the ground max 2k orient. That did not include the late train as the lads kicked the gates in as they only left one turnstile open for them. 

Everyone of us a Cardiff fan that day lol lol lol

Suuunnn deeeeeerrrlaand are losing. 

Proper leicester party in the capital and still waiting for Chelsea to turn up lol lol

He appeared in an episode of the TV series Can't Pay We'll Take It Away, probably about 2 years ago. If my memory serves me right he received a visit from the bailiffs about unpaid kennel fees, they actually left with nothing after Geoff told them he was in poor health & was unable to pay because he wasn't working,( not many get the better of Victor Elmore etc.) I can't remember what illness it was but obviously it  must have eventually taken it's toll.