Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

The next chapter

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

I truly hope that Top will carry on his father's work,  but it's going to be so hard for him to keep coming back to a place where his father was so tragically killed. I'm not sure I could face that? 

You could totally understand if he decides to sell up and walk away. 

None of us know what the final implications may be after the dust settles,  all we can do is hope that Top wants to carry on, in honour of his father.... Right now I would think this decision isn't a priority for the poor guy. 

What a disaster this is for all concerned. 

Thai people do tend to treat death slightly differently to ourselves in our culture, I honestly think he will step up and I really hope he does. He's more than capable.

Bit early to discuss this type of thing, but I think we will come out of it stronger than before. See the Munich Air Disaster for Manchester United, Heysel / Hillsborough for Liverpool. But we need to grieve first.

I think it will give us all even more motivation to want to succeed. Fans, players and owners.

I want to see us win a second Premier League trophy in a few years time and have Top hog it as he walks round the ground again, but this time with everyone in the stadium applauding him for doing so and paying homage to his dad. Vichai! Vichai! Vichai! Followed by Top man! Top man! Top man! Etc. The emotion would be out of this world.

Let's make it happen!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Iirc Top originally was running the club but stepped back to learn from Vichai. I'd guess the plan was always for Top to eventually take responsibility, just not like this. I wouldn't blame him at all though if he didn't want to step foot near Leicester again - working 100 yards from where your dad tragically perished would be difficult to say the least.

That's what I thought as well, he'll be reminded of it every single time he is here, it's going to be very difficult.

I can't even imagine how he is feeling at the moment. 

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The darkest hour is just before the dawn .................

Top will undoubtedly need some time but none of us know how long that will be .......... wow, this is going to be tough for the club.....

Agreed, but we all need to stand together and give our support to the club whatever happens and as loyal lcfc fans we will, I'm still so shocked at what has happened I don't know if I'm making total sense in what I'm saying, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aeropars said:

If you want a smile, Sky Sports are running the 15/16 season summary :)

I watched one on Youtube before I went to play 5 aside tonight. It made me smile and brought a tear to my eye at the same time. Watched the highlights of the Sevilla game too, which I was lucky enough to be at. Amazing memories all thanks to an amazing man.

Now I want us to win the FA Cup in his honour.

I don't think it's fair to put any expectations on for this season. Things will not be the same and it will take time to heal as a club.

All I will say is I hope the players wear their hearts on their sleeves and make Vichai proud. Play with freedom, effort and most importany a smile on their face.

Let's get behind the lads and in time, the good days will return!

• Like 1

Talking bluntly, Top will have a massive job on his hands, if he takes over the role from his father as expected. All things considered, it’s not just LCFC, it’s OHL and King Power.

Couple that with the ongoing issues King Power have with the Thai authorities, I wouldn’t blame him, if his focus was somewhat elsewhere for the foreseeable future. 

He’ll rely heavily upon the other Directors and support staff such as Shilai, Whelan, Ruskin, Puel etc

I wouldn’t anticipate much activity with player movement in January. Incidently, i’d also summise at this stage, CP will be here until the end of the season. 

5 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Agreed, but we all need to stand together and give our support to the club whatever happens and as loyal lcfc fans we will, I'm still so shocked at what has happened I don't know if I'm making total sense in what I'm saying, 

This. We have to keep dreaming and believing we can achieve more, and we will. It’s time to keep moving forward as a club, for Vichai. We’ll come back even stronger than before. 

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

Reported on the BBC News that King Power in Thailand is now in danger of losing it's Duty Free Business monopoly after the loss of Vichai.. 

Of course this would have a devastating effect on our football club... 

We can only hope this won't be the case. 

That was in danger anyway, as it's up for tender again in the coming years I believe? Anyway, we all stick together and we'll come through this. We are an unbelievable club.

• Like 1

Honestly, I just hope the fanbase will pull together. 

Although not aggressively, we've been divided of late over a manager and it would take a calamitous drop in form to end up fearing relegation. Let's get behind Top and his family and get behind the lads. Whether it's at Cardiff first or at home to Burnley. Get back to cheering them on if they go a goal down. Not this "Puel Out" shite after every goal conceded. They need us, we need them and we need everybody to pull in the same direction.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I struggle to believe that a multi-national family-run business like this one didn’t have a significantly devolved operating structure - it’s simply not possible for one person to be making all the decisions all of the time.

The club is run day-to-day by an experienced board - the CEO, FD and DoF have been at the club for many years and delivered a great deal of success. I can’t imagine much will change from a business perspective unless Top and his family want it to.