Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

The next chapter

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Honestly who knows? What if Top doesn’t want to be chairman?

I'd be enormously surprised if Top doesn't continue his legacy, not just here but across the board. I don't mean this in the sense of selfish hope but more in admiration. 

He's a guy that clearly recognises his father was a force of nature, a guy whose father is clearly his hero and a guy who always struck me as striving to echo what his father achieved. 

They share faith, they share sensitivity and an outlook, they share interests in horses, finery, sport, royalty, et all. They've always struck me as friends just as much as family. 

They bought Leuven so that he could learn more and follow in his father's footsteps. 

Who knows for sure what the impact of this tragedy will be? Of course I'm only speculating but I'd still be stunned if it wasn't true. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Honestly who knows? What if Top doesn’t want to be chairman?

Iirc Top originally was running the club but stepped back to learn from Vichai. I'd guess the plan was always for Top to eventually take responsibility, just not like this. I wouldn't blame him at all though if he didn't want to step foot near Leicester again - working 100 yards from where your dad tragically perished would be difficult to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Iirc Top originally was running the club but stepped back to learn from Vichai. I'd guess the plan was always for Top to eventually take responsibility, just not like this. I wouldn't blame him at all though if he didn't want to step foot near Leicester again - working 100 yards from where your dad tragically perished would be difficult to say the least.

Yeah I thought this, it may be too hard for him and who could blame him. I do however, have full confidence that even if he left, he would leave our club in good hands just like his father did.

From the official Club statement.

In Khun Vichai, the world has lost a great man. A man of kindness, of generosity and a man whose life was defined by the love he devoted to his family and those he so successfully led. Leicester City was a family under his leadership. It is as a family that we will grieve his passing and maintain the pursuit of a vision for the Club that is now his legacy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

From the official Club statement.

In Khun Vichai, the world has lost a great man. A man of kindness, of generosity and a man whose life was defined by the love he devoted to his family and those he so successfully led. Leicester City was a family under his leadership. It is as a family that we will grieve his passing and maintain the pursuit of a vision for the Club that is now his legacy.

:yesyes:

The company I work for only has 6 staff and we lost our Managing Director last year, he had built it from the ground up and was the only person who knew everything inside out. It was massively difficult but there were all sorts of business continuation plans in place to ensure things could carry on as normal. 

I would think the club for now is in more than capable hands with Top, Susan Whelan and Jon Rudkin running things. But right now none of that seems even a little bit important. I never dreamed someone passing that I didn’t know personally would floor me like this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

I’m hoping his son is as passionate about the club as he was and continues his vision undeterred, foxes never quit. 

Was Top not the reason they bough the club. His time here and watching the Middlesborough final win. 

It's down to us to show him how loved he and his farther are by us. 

R. I. P. Giver of our dreams. 

The players are back in training today. I am trying to shake off the shock and sorrow. I am really glad someone had the guts to create this thread since sometimes the best way to deal with sorrow is to focus on the future. 

A lot depends on Top. If I were him, I work to realize the greatest wishes of my father, which would be to lead the club to a new level. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

The players are back in training today. I am trying to shake off the shock and sorrow. I am really glad someone had the guts to create this thread since sometimes the best way to deal with sorrow is to focus on the future. 

A lot depends on Top. If I were him, I work to realize the greatest wishes of my father, which would be to lead the club to a new level. 

I truly hope that Top will carry on his father's work,  but it's going to be so hard for him to keep coming back to a place where his father was so tragically killed. I'm not sure I could face that? 

You could totally understand if he decides to sell up and walk away. 

None of us know what the final implications may be after the dust settles,  all we can do is hope that Top wants to carry on, in honour of his father.... Right now I would think this decision isn't a priority for the poor guy. 

What a disaster this is for all concerned. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Was Top not the reason they bough the club. His time here and watching the Middlesborough final win. 

It's down to us to show him how loved he and his farther are by us. 

R. I. P. Giver of our dreams. 

Probably right mate, just hope that being around still isn’t too painful for the family.

• Like 1

I'm glad this thread has had the reaction it has as it was purely made not to deter from the sorrow we are all feeling, but more to suggest the amazing support we already have from our fans continues and grows more and more after the events of the past 2 days, I felt awful and embarrassed today because I was so annoyed straight after the final whistle on Saturday that we had dropped 2 points, then this happens and nothing else footballing wise seemed to matter after that ?