Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wurmer

Retro Gaming - Remake Suggestions

27 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

First I've heard of it too, absolutely loved the original

https://kotaku.com/the-xiii-remake-is-not-good-1845637391

And it's getting terrible user reviews on Steam. Shame :(

Yeah I watched a review last night and it looked so buggy it was unplayable. **** paying £45 for that.

23 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

You can just buy the original on Steam for a fraction of the price.

Haven't played the original since it first came out, but the trouble with a lot of old games (and particularly old 3D games) is they don't tend to age well. I imagine the cel-shading means the visuals won't look as bad as more "realistic" FPSes of that era but I seem to remember the gameplay was pretty basic even by PS2 standards. Would rather not ruin the memory by going back to it, but it's a massive opportunity missed when we have THPS 1+2, Mafia and other games getting really top quality remakes recently

I loved Jumping Flash on PlayStation 1 back in the day (played it recently, and it plays horribly by modern standards) but I'd love for the series to be revived or someone make a spiritual successor. So unique, and the basic gameplay ideas would translate really well to a larger setting

• Like 2

https://retrocomputermuseum.co.uk

Don’t know if any of you have been here? Well worth it though for a trip down memory lane. I took my kids and they loved it. Old computers, spectrums, commodores, a strands, bbc, oric, the batt and ball one, Atari etc.. more than I can remember. There’s also an arcade section.

Spent a good few hours going through all my old favourites.

Unfortunately their struggling due to the corona virus but definitely worth a visit when they’re open again.

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Not so much a remake, but there was a really good sequel on GBA (Gunstar Super Heroes) that's worth checking out, if you never played it

Yeah I seen that but its hard to get a hold of a good copy of the game. I got mugged a few times of ebay and other shops only to find out its a fake. 

8 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Yeah I seen that but its hard to get a hold of a good copy of the game. I got mugged a few times of ebay and other shops only to find out its a fake. 

Nightmare, I got stung with a bootleg once. Could always emulate it if it's just for the purposes of playing it?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 15/01/2021 at 14:26, That_Dude said:

System Shock

It was being made, but seems to have gone quiet in the last year. I don't really have high hopes for it. 

System Shock 3 is in development by OtherSide Entertainment, headed up by Paul Neurath & Warren Spector - the guys who founded legendary Looking Glass Studios, the creators of the original. Pumped about that. 

They also created the Thief series, Thief 2 is probably right up there with my favourite games of all time. I really hope they're able to secure the rights from Eidos for that, since Nu-Thief released a couple of years ago was a pile of shit.

Edited by RoboFox