Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wurmer

Retro Gaming - Remake Suggestions

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Heart Gold / Soul Silver are already better games than that sounds tbh.

I played Soul Silver recently and it certainly feels dated and quite tedious at times, with how good that generation is it certainly needs some kind of newer update

Apparently I played Mafia 2 on the X360 but I don't remember it at all. I never played the original so might give it a play through once the price comes down.

Destruction Derby 2 would be my shout for a remake, used to love it as a kid.

Anyone ever play Thrill Kill? Was a ****ed up game and I think it was banned in most countries but I had a pirated copy. Looking back I must have been about 6 playing it, no wonder I'm so ****ed uplol

Ah, it was canned.

'By this point Thrill Kill had already finished development in entirety. A few weeks before shipping, the game's release was scrapped by Electronic Arts because they didn't want to "publish such a senselessly violent game", as they felt that it would harm their image. They also stated that they deemed the game so offensive that they would not even attempt to sell the game nor to have it released by another publisher.'

2 hours ago, twoleftfeet said:

No any good ?  Tried EVE but could get into it

I've never played the original Elite, only seen videos of it but Elite Dangerous is pretty much the modern day version of it - just basically exploring the galaxy. There are pretty much unlimited missions available to give you a chance to earn money to buy new ships with different specialties (explorer, cargo, fighter etc). I bought it on a friend's recommendation and it's too confusing for me but it is really immersive and impressive in terms of detail and scale

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Apparently I played Mafia 2 on the X360 but I don't remember it at all. I never played the original so might give it a play through once the price comes down.

Destruction Derby 2 would be my shout for a remake, used to love it as a kid.

Anyone ever play Thrill Kill? Was a ****ed up game and I think it was banned in most countries but I had a pirated copy. Looking back I must have been about 6 playing it, no wonder I'm so ****ed uplol

Ah, it was canned.

'By this point Thrill Kill had already finished development in entirety. A few weeks before shipping, the game's release was scrapped by Electronic Arts because they didn't want to "publish such a senselessly violent game", as they felt that it would harm their image. They also stated that they deemed the game so offensive that they would not even attempt to sell the game nor to have it released by another publisher.'

I had Thrill Kill pirated. Used to sell chipped PS1 games at school. Great little earner lol

My History teacher brought loads lol 

• 1 month later...
On 29/09/2020 at 00:42, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I've never played the original Elite, only seen videos of it but Elite Dangerous is pretty much the modern day version of it - just basically exploring the galaxy. There are pretty much unlimited missions available to give you a chance to earn money to buy new ships with different specialties (explorer, cargo, fighter etc). I bought it on a friend's recommendation and it's too confusing for me but it is really immersive and impressive in terms of detail and scale

I played the original elite as a kid in 84 for hours on end, I recently bought Elite Dangerous and.....wow....it was like scratching an itch. Absolutely loving it. If you liked the original and have the time to dedicate to it, i heartily recommend it. 

10 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

XIII has had a remake? What a game this was, the multiplayer was exceptional.

First I've heard of it too, absolutely loved the original

https://kotaku.com/the-xiii-remake-is-not-good-1845637391

And it's getting terrible user reviews on Steam. Shame :(