Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Apex Legends

25 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Can't get into it at all, the matchmaking is too slow (on PC at least) plus the whole rigmarole of everyone picking their hero. Fortnite is by far the superior BR game, but I think the whole genre is done to death now.

The hell time of day you playing. Hasn't taken me more than 30 seconds to find a game over the past 2 days. 

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Can't get into it at all, the matchmaking is too slow (on PC at least) plus the whole rigmarole of everyone picking their hero. Fortnite is by far the superior BR game, but I think the whole genre is done to death now.

Only downfall for me is that if someone chooses you’re favourite hero before you then you’re stuck with the others which is a pain in the arse. Surprised you can’t just pick whoever you want to be.

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hats off that's very impressive. You must be very good and very lucky lol .

Five wins on the board for me I'd have to say the game is essentially run gun and loot until it is no longer feasibly possible to loot and then get a good vantage point as close to the middle as possible and take it from there. Every game I've won we've been waiting for people to come to us.

I agree Lifeline is pretty much essential. I imagine she will get nerfed though. Ledge armour seems to drop out the sky far too often.

Haha we're all reasonable players but some games were absurd, dropping right onto our favourite weapons every time and somehow making it through fights unscathed when we really all should have died. I think the fast movement and relatively small map tempt people into rushing and panicking, but like you say it's best to be patient and focus on good positioning, especially towards the end. Overall I think it's a good blend of styles.

15 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Only downfall for me is that if someone chooses you’re favourite hero before you then you’re stuck with the others which is a pain in the arse. Surprised you can’t just pick whoever you want to be.

Its why I have purposefully focused on 3 characters so I never have this problem. Lifeline, Bangalore and Gibraltar (in that order).

Bloodhound - I cant see a huge benefit in his abilities. His L1 doesn't cover a huge amount of ground and his main ability I haven't benefitted at all.

Wraith - I'm just no good with her, I cant see a huge benefit with her main ability with the portals. I'm sure though there are some expert users but I cant see how the portals can be a better ability over say Rolling Thunder. Find she is for more aggressive players which I'm not.

Pathfinder - Don't get it, knowing where the next circle appears is handy but not essential. His zipwire, meh, you can get to most places anyway. Just a campers dream character.

Lifeline - Best by far imo. Her healing ability in a trio game is essential and her care package can always give something that the squad needs. Finding the accelerants we give them Lifeline every time.

Bangalore - Double speed under fire and smoke are great at breaking away from attacks from behind (which is how I always tend to die) Her Rolling Thunder is great for end game.

Gibraltar - Again when attacked from behind his L1 ability is ace. So a gunshield for attacks from in front and shield for behind means you always have a chance of winning. Mortar great for end game same as Bangalore.

This is my take on all 6 characters. People will have a different view but with my play style (not too aggressive) I find Lifeline, Bangalore and Gibraltar are good characters for me. Not tried the last 2 characters yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Right, how do I kill people?

I’ve knocked people, but do I need to keep shooting once their down or use the ‘finisher’?

Yes when they are knocked they have a chance of being revived. You can either keep shooting them (be aware they may have a knockdown shield to protect their front) or use a finisher.

The finisher kills them but it leaves you wide open for their team mate to shoot you whilst you perform the finisher. So assess the situation.

I try not to bother finishing players and instead look for the team mate rather than focusing on getting the kill.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Guest said:

Haha we're all reasonable players but some games were absurd, dropping right onto our favourite weapons every time and somehow making it through fights unscathed when we really all should have died. I think the fast movement and relatively small map tempt people into rushing and panicking, but like you say it's best to be patient and focus on good positioning, especially towards the end. Overall I think it's a good blend of styles.

Bloodhounds immense, the ability see people when they can’t see you is an absolute game changer. Got loads of squad wipes out of his ultimate.

16 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Bloodhounds immense, the ability see people when they can’t see you is an absolute game changer. Got loads of squad wipes out of his ultimate.

I've not been able to benefit from his ability. But I suppose now more and more people have unlocked Caustic that with Bangalores smoke and the nox cloud becoming more apparent I can see the benefit.

Its why I like this game so much. So many different combinations to work with and no matter which squad you have you are always at a disadvantage with something.

I suck so badly at this game!!! Probably helps if you play with friends rather than random match ups and know the map a bit better. Could do with a basic solo mode so I can have a play around and learn the characters a bit as like Manwell says, it's pretty unforgiving if you're a newbie!  

There are supposedly duos and four-man squads coming soon but I'm not convinced it'd work as well as a solo experience. The emphasis on teamwork, synergy between the characters and the great communication system are what set it apart from other games, and all that's made kind of irrelevant in a solo game.

• 2 years later...

New update came out over 3 hours ago. Still can't get in to a game. Terrible servers and they'll never usurp Fortnite with all these persistent issues every time there's a reasonable update. It's my go to game so I'll be playing throughout the season but a hell of a lot of players will log on for the new content, not be able to play the game and just never come back to it. For the size of the developer/publisher, knowing the load and pressure they'd be under, it's really poor. 

13 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

New update came out over 3 hours ago. Still can't get in to a game. Terrible servers and they'll never usurp Fortnite with all these persistent issues every time there's a reasonable update. It's my go to game so I'll be playing throughout the season but a hell of a lot of players will log on for the new content, not be able to play the game and just never come back to it. For the size of the developer/publisher, knowing the load and pressure they'd be under, it's really poor. 

I've been playing loads the last few seasons but haven't played s9 yet.

Have you managed any games yet since the update? What do you make of the new legend Valkyrie if so?

3 hours ago, Magictv said:

I've been playing loads the last few seasons but haven't played s9 yet.

Have you managed any games yet since the update? What do you make of the new legend Valkyrie if so?

All working fine this morning. New legend is loads of fun, just flying about using the new bow, which is incredibly op, 140ish for a headshot and you can fire them off pretty rapidly. New mode is a blast. Enjoying it a lot.